News Dani (Dean) Laidley arrested in St. Kilda - "spared a conviction and placed on an 18-month adjourned undertaking"

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it the Brits who now ensure nobody goes straight home from theatre, and instead send them somewhere like Cyprus for a fortnight to try and deal with any mental health issues that have arisen from the tour.
I know they used to, not sure if it still happens.

The trouble with that approach is if there are longer term issues many people will tell them to move on, they had their de-stress period, so get over it.

A personal observation that launched a tidal wave of outrage.🦄:rainbow:🧚‍♀️:dolphin:

Christ, all I am claiming is that every time I see the bloke he is talking about mental illness and little else.

Perhaps it's a little too close to home for some of you, but it's not as if I could know that.

It was just such a strangely unnecessary observation. How often do you see Wayne? Are you on personal terms with him or something?

It was just such a strangely unnecessary observation. How often do you see Wayne? Are you on personal terms with him or something?

Every time I see Mark Taylor on TV he's talking about air conditioners.

Imo Mark Taylor has a bizarre and troubling obsession with air conditioners.

My personal opinion is that blokes my age (50 and above) came out of the last of an era where as a child we were taught to “don’t be sooks”, “what are you crying about?” and weakness of any description was targeted. We were taught that you bury those issues deep to avoid the ridicule.

I do see an improvement in the newer generations with regards to mental health, but as MM was eluding to that there are still many who isolate their problems from those that care about them.

In what way? Seems to me that the youth of today are more hepped up on psych goofballs than any generation in recorded human history.

Also, people who think the US Office is better than the Brit version should be put down.

I honestly haven't met anybody who thought the American version was better than the British version. That would be a strange conversation.

And by 'strange' I mean it wouldn't last long.

In what way? Seems to me that the youth of today are more hepped up on psych goofballs than any generation in recorded human history.

I honestly haven't met anybody who thought the American version was better than the British version. That would be a strange conversation.

Read the follow up post.

It’s not better, just different. I think after the first season when they developed their own scripts it moved from satire to comedy. Can’t compare IMO

yep let’s take a culture like the Japanese and use it.

suicide the leading cause of death for males between 20-44, women between 15-34.

It literally borders on a crisis level. There’s a high level of individuals who if they lose their job commit suicide, after that there is a notion that some individuals end their lives once they retire. Their whole work life balance is completely flawed and revolves around them providing for family and feeling inadequate if they don’t.

In terms of utilising a specific culture and their ability to handle mental health issues - the Japanese are probably the last you would use!
That's what I thought. The Japanese almost have a romantic acceptance of suicide. Going back centuries.

Every time I see Mark Taylor on TV he's talking about air conditioners.

Imo Mark Taylor has a bizarre and troubling obsession with air conditioners.

Something, something... snowflake?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I have a mate who says now that he's still alive because one of his closest high school friends literally asked ARE YOU OK on RUOK Day and he said he wasn't.

I’ve lost both a mate and my missus uncle to suicide, and we are all massive advocates for having a chat.

my best man at my wedding has crippling anxiety, the only other male that’s a full time staff member has issues with anger and depression, one of my good mates old man took his own life and we all are so much more open than previously. It will take a generation but the experience that we have all had means we actively know we need to speak out.

don’t ever bottle that s**t up, ask the right people for conversations and discussion, it makes life easier and helps a s**t tonne more than battling that s**t in your own head day to day

1) In what way is talking about the behaviors of former North players "strange" around here?
2) When he appears in the media.
3) Nope.

1) In what way is talking about the behaviors of former North players "strange" around here?
2) When he appears in the media.
3) Nope.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understood that Schwatta retired from his commentary role at the end of last season. He has dedicated himself to his role as an advocate for mental health. Therefore the only time you see him in the media now is when he is advocating on behalf of mental health.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understood that Schwatta retired from his commentary role at the end of last season. He has dedicated himself to his role as an advocate for mental health. Therefore the only time you see him in the media now is when he is advocating on behalf of mental health.

You're under the impression that I base my views upon when I "see him in the media now"?

Anyway, I hope he's in a good place and my views are no cause for concern.

Don’t know if true but I heard that some of those pilots were on ice, or a similar drug.
Yeah hitler was a raging methhead, watch his speeches he’s flying.
The ss had meth in tablet form threw em down like Ben cousins.
I think the japs got them off the krauts but I cbf’d looking it up now BF9A3431-0C75-4053-AAE4-BC84B218540F.gif

Don’t know if true but I heard that some of those pilots were on ice, or a similar drug.

The U.S., German and Japanese armies marched on meth in WWII.

Yeah hitler was a raging methhead, watch his speeches he’s flying.
The ss had meth in tablet form threw em down like Ben cousins.
I think the japs got them off the krauts but I cbf’d looking it up nowView attachment 871876

Well known fact that the successful speed of Blitzkreig was in part because of the early use of meth by the German armies.

Could go night and day unrested until they achieved their target.

Well known fact that the successful speed of Blitzkreig was in part because of the early use of meth by the German armies.

Could go night and day unrested until they achieved their target.
Correct, especially in the armoured spearheads; worked ok in France because there was a viable endpoint (the English Channel), didn't work so well in Russia.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back