What do we think of a 28R season with potentially 20 @ the G

Remove this Banner Ad

Possibly 28 v 34 is a timing and stadium access thingy

This would be it.

Season wont be longer after all.

H&A season goes for 24 weeks, so 24*7=168 days...including the end of season bye week.

22 games mean players play, on average, every 7.6 days in a normal season.

28 would mean playing every 6 days...a little tough, but doable.

34 would mean playing every 4.9 days, and even with shortened qtrs, that's really tough, both for scheduling and players bodies. (even more so if they still want the end of season bye).

This would be it.

Season wont be longer after all.

H&A season goes for 24 weeks, so 24*7=168 days...including the end of season bye week.

22 games mean players play, on average, every 7.6 days in a normal season.

28 would mean playing every 6 days...a little tough, but doable.

34 would mean playing every 4.9 days, and even with shortened qtrs, that's really tough, both for scheduling and players bodies. (even more so if they still want the end of season bye).
Once crowds become a significant portion of revenue again any thought of those 6 day breaks will disappear real quick.

IMHO, this would be terrible for the game. So much junk football, played by tired and/or 2nd rate players. I never miss a Richmond game, but 28 games in a season would test even the best supporters.

I much prefer the 17 game season with full length quarters. Every game has meaning and over the course of two seasons it's completely fair. Heck, they can even take two byes in the middle of the season (say after rounds 6 and 12) to freshen up.

Quality over quantity.

Dave P.

IMHO, this would be terrible for the game. So much junk football, played by tired and/or 2nd rate players. I never miss a Richmond game, but 28 games in a season would test even the best supporters.

I much prefer the 17 game season with full length quarters. Every game has meaning and over the course of two seasons it's completely fair. Heck, they can even take two byes in the middle of the season (say after rounds 6 and 12) to freshen up.

Quality over quantity.

Dave P.
17 no way not enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back