What the "Crows" could have been called. Adelaide "Sharks", "Rams", "Giants" and "Falcons"

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: What the "Crows" could have been called. Adelaide "Sharks", "Rams", "iants" and "Falcons"

50504_17393086845_1052201_n.jpg

Once you see it, it can't be unseen.

Hint: Think females.

A mate of mine was actually "MEGA RAM MAN" during the pre game entertainment - how lame is that!!

The Sharks I could not love due to my activities in the sea - sadly apt this week so quite glad we went with Crows with logos that look like an Eagle Hawk Falcoln hybrid!

Re: What the "Crows" could have been called. Adelaide "Sharks", "Rams", "iants" and "Falcons"

I only knew about Sharks. What do other people think. The last 3 couldn't go ahead due to legal reasons back in 1990.

What was your preffered option back then if you had a choice. I would have picked Crows or Falcons I think.

I think Henley kicked up a stink at the Sharks.

A mate of mine was actually "MEGA RAM MAN" during the pre game entertainment - how lame is that!!

Ha ha not as lame as being the Balfour 'frog cake' at the 36ers and before that Murray Magpie. A mate of mine used to have the privileged of doing that.

Who cares now? Crows is a great name. Sharks and Falcons have their merits.

Clearly you're not an ornithologist

http://birdsinbackyards.net/species/Falco-subniger

http://birdsinbackyards.net/species/Falco-berigora

http://birdsinbackyards.net/species/Falco-peregrinus

From wiki

"A falcon (
11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png
/ˈfɔːlkən/ or /ˈfælkən/) is any species of raptor in the genus Falco. The genus contains 37 species, widely distributed throughout Europe, Asia, and North America."

I didnt know falcons were in Australia, and Id say many others wouldnt too. ;)

From wiki

"A falcon (
11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png
/ˈfɔːlkən/ or /ˈfælkən/) is any species of raptor in the genus Falco. The genus contains 37 species, widely distributed throughout Europe, Asia, and North America."

Don't mind me. I'm just being a twat & a nerd.

:D

From wiki

"A falcon (
11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png

FalconEBSedan.jpg

Given the Toyota Dealers of SA network were lined up to be a sponsor, via Cornes connection as a dealer principal, I doubt Falcon's would have got far.

Camry Falcon's does not quite sound right:confused:

Nah.. The problem related to the Cronulla Sharks, one of the Sydney-based teams in the NRL.

Was actually East Fremantle in the WAFL that threatened legal action. The AFL denied the SANFL the use of the nickname as East Freo had it registered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back