what would you expect for Gysberts?

Remove this Banner Ad

I am disappointed to see Melbourne lose Gys. He was one of those guys who came into the game and made an immediate impression. He could be a superstar. Hopefully Pederson works out, and hoping to get a pretty high draft pick as well in the exchange, considering Pederson was prob going to be delisted....

Gysberts really isn't any good....sorry people. He may improve, but the guy is just a bit soft. Much happier with Pedo.

Wow, I'm really torn on this, not the decision rather that it has come to this. Looks like Prendergast's rabbit was a no show.

So we lose a top draft pick Brock delivered us but we deliver a milestone message to the playing group and new draftees that nobody is safe. It could be a real loss but in a way it is a sign of progress from one aspect.

If we can get Ray with the pick then not the end of the world and its not like we lost him to a big club like the Pies.

As a Dee's follower I am a little surprised at this one as well. Pederson looks like he will fit in nicely and compliment those around him well, but I always thought Gysberts was going to be a "cracker" once he got some consistency. I guess we will never know and unfortunately, a combination of injuries and playing at an extremely difficult era didn't help him- but I hope moving him on doesn't come back to hurt the club.

Can't say Im wrapped about this one. Depending on what picks we get, I think we got reamed in this deal.

Pedo was out of North's side - simple as that. We should of got him for peanuts.

Gys has the ability and we should of stuck with him. He has had some bizzare injuries and rotten luck with fitness. I would of given him another year.

Im guessing he wanted out and Neeld was happy to show him the door.

Maybe if we all just admit that we lost the 'crazy' trade with Carlton, it's easier to stomach.

Can't say Im wrapped about this one. Depending on what picks we get, I think we got reamed in this deal.

Pedo was out of North's side - simple as that. We should of got him for peanuts.

Gys has the ability and we should of stuck with him. He has had some bizzare injuries and rotten luck with fitness. I would of given him another year.

Im guessing he wanted out and Neeld was happy to show him the door.

I don't get it. Pedo was out of Norths side sure. Gysberts wasn't exactly lining up in our best 22 every week was he?

Not sure about this one but will have faith that Neeld is making the right call. It is quite possible that Jordon wanted out anyway, so we will see what happens.

Not sure about this one but will have faith that Neeld is making the right call. It is quite possible that Jordon wanted out anyway, so we will see what happens.

That's what I'm thinking. This is the first trade I've felt concerned by so far

Jeez I really really rated Gysberts, just had a bad year with injury. Thought he would of been worth a start of forst round pick, 25-35. He is defiantly worth more than Ben Jacobs IMO. Very interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say he is at least the equivalent, didnt he kick 100+ goals in a VFL season? Pedo's never done that

Please ... Pedo is a far superior player to Edwards. This posts suggests you've probably never seen him play at all.

Sure, Azza may have more talent but he is so limited as a player that he can't be too productive at AFL level anymore.

Pedo doesn't play solely as a key forward - he has played mainly ruck and had stints down back at both AFL/VFL level. You could even make a case that he is better than both Hansen/Tarrant and should've been a starter for us.

Wow, what a great trade period! It's sad to see Morton go, but it's great we managed to lose a couple of spuds in Moloney, Rivers and Gysberts...

We're all confused Greggy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back