MMA-UFC What would you like the UFC 200 card to be like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I dreaming or is BJ Penn v Denis Siver actually booked for this now?

It's booked for 199 I'm pretty sure. There was an April fools day prank linking BJ vs GSP III to 200 though, so you may have your wires crossed.

Dana teasing about one more big fight for 200 on Fight Week. Says it's not a sure thing but they're working on it.

When pressed as to if it was GSP, Dana said he doesn't think he will ever fight again.

I don't know if one or both of those things were bullshit, but here's hoping we get one more. Not sure who else it could be.

It's GSP, it's all over the place, and GSP looks so giddy and excited in recent interviews... for no apparent reason.

Strong rumours are GSP vs Lawler for 200, other rumours are that he doesn't want to wear the Reebok kit which is a sticking point, and that he wants an insane amount of money to return. Multiple sources are suggesting if they don't agree to terms before 200 that GSP and Robbie will definitely fight before the year is out.

With McGregor out that leaves only one fight that can really headline the UFC 200 card and that's Aldo vs Edgar. Tate vs Nunes is a pretty weak co-main for a big card in my opinion.

The UFC area already working on other fights and looking for a new opponent for Nate according to Dana's interview this morning. I'm interested to see what they come up with now that their golden goose is off the card. The only names that have the same kind of pulling power are GSP, Brock and Ronda with GSP the only one with a shot of being available. If they can get him to agree to come back, who does he fight then? Nate? Lawler?

Thinking about what can be done for main, as a fan Dc v jones but they don't move the needle. So it's down to GSP or Rhonda to save the day.

200 will move numbers anyway man...DC v Jones will be awesome

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love the UFC to come out and say yes McGregor is back on the card against Nate Diaz in the CO Main Event
The new Main Event is DC vs Bones Jones. Ha Ha

I'd consider myself a "hardcore fan" and im extreamly interested in the mcgregor v Diaz rematch. I love both fighters so that helps, but I'm curious as to what adjustments Conor will make and if his ridiculous level of self belief, along with a different approach can overcome the problems Diaz caused him in that second round.

don't get me wrong, I believe Edgar should be fighting Conor for the featherweight title, but I also think Aldo had a very good claim for a rematch due to the length of his championship reign. So both those guys fighting for what you could argue is a belt with very similar importance as the one Conor holds.

Conor v Diaz was an extremely fun fight the first time, and I reckon it's going to be just as good if not better the second time around.

hopefully his recent tweet isn't just him posturing, because I highly doubt it will work.

Jones sells PPV's, was the biggest draw behind Rousey before anyone cared who Conor was.

Jones v DC with the rest of that card being as stacked as it is is huge and whilst i was keen to see Conor v Nate i thought it was a pretty average main event for the "biggest card of all time" this feels much better.

Jones sells PPV's, was the biggest draw behind Rousey before anyone cared who Conor was.

Jones v DC with the rest of that card being as stacked as it is is huge and whilst i was keen to see Conor v Nate i thought it was a pretty average main event for the "biggest card of all time" this feels much better.

I couldn't agree more with that. Will it sell as much as the other fight? Probably not, but the fight means a lot more and makes complete sense. For the MMA 'hardcore' fans, the Jones vs DC fight is fitting for UFC 200 as a headliner.

Jones is not a draw if you look at the figs but then besides GSP the ufc was starved of a star that could pull the trigger. jones v DC 1 did like 600k

CBF looking up figures but i thought it did more like 800k, which is pretty decent compared to everyone not named Ronda or Conor (who is still fighting)

Shogun vs. Jones 490,000
Jones vs. Rampage 520,000
Jones vs. Machida 480,000
Jones vs. Evans 700,000
Jones vs. Belfort 450,000
Jones vs Sonnen 530,000
Jones vs Gustafsson 310,000
Jones vs Teixeira 350,000
Jones vs Cormier 800,000

Jones' PPV buy estimates from http://mmapayout.com/blue-book/pay-per-view/

He's a pretty good and consistent draw. I think the whole thing with UFC 151 hurt him as a draw, at least for a while. What stands out is his two highest buys being in grudge matches. Another fight with Cormier likely does well on PPV based on that. It would likely be a big drop from what they'd do with McGregor, but would still do very good numbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back