Opinion Where's Nahas at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Seems to have been somewhat overlooked in discussions this off season , yet appears a player who may well likely go from best 22 , to depth with the arrival of Knights , Edwards and to some degree Pettard , if elevated .
Is there still a spot for him in our best 22 ?
What role will be play ?

Seems to have been somewhat overlooked in discussions this off season , yet appears a player who may well likely go from best 22 , to depth with the arrival of Knights , Edwards and to some degree Pettard , if elevated .
Is there still a spot for him in our best 22 ?
What role will be play ?
The same role he's always played. 30 goal a year, smart, silky, small forward.

Everytime I have done a best 22 side I have struggled to fit Nahas in. Now I know that he is capable of kicking 30 goals a season, but the problem for me is that Nahas is one sided and that often gets him into trouble which sees the ball get turned over on top of that he is very much limited in the positions he can play. Its pretty much HFF/FP with a run up the ground every now and then. The problem with the time in the midfield is that he is limited in where he can lineup, i.e. it's pretty much outside the pack waiting for the ball to be fed to him. Come finals time I don't believe that we can carry someone like that.

Really doesnt offer too much (i will get the nahas lovers beating my head about how many goals he kicks)
Small fowards these days need to offer 'some' midfield relief - Nahas is ineffective in the midfield

Too small
Too skinny
Not super quick
One Sided

Edwards is a better player in nahas's position - Trade him while he has value

healthy to have soem competition for front half spots, ridiculous to think we could put together a winning forward line made up of three players 5"8. I dont mind nahas and TBH i think he offers more than Kingy...But their aint room for edwards nahas and King..Not with Knights, A Edwards and petterd chomping at the bit. That said the newbies need to play their way inot the side, , the lot of them wouldnt have played 12 senior games between them in 2012 so that tells me they have some work to do...get to it boys:thumbsu:

Being one sided killed off any chance of us getting the Dom Tyson trade done.
Lets hope for our sake Nahas works on it over this pre-season.

Dom mangled his knee just a few weeks ago. Giants will view him as a 10 year player but safe to say we would have paid overs for him and gotten very little from him for the 2013 season. His value has decreased since he's yet to prove his body can hold up at AFL level (lots of injuries). GWS missed a great chance to give him away from a first round pick, I doubt we'll offer them that much next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everytime I have done a best 22 side I have struggled to fit Nahas in. Now I know that he is capable of kicking 30 goals a season, but the problem for me is that Nahas is one sided and that often gets him into trouble which sees the ball get turned over on top of that he is very much limited in the positions he can play. Its pretty much HFF/FP with a run up the ground every now and then. The problem with the time in the midfield is that he is limited in where he can lineup, i.e. it's pretty much outside the pack waiting for the ball to be fed to him. Come finals time I don't believe that we can carry someone like that.

LOL.

I hope that by the half way point of the year Nahas can not get a game because someone else is playing well enough to force him out. Yes he is limited, however, does kick 30+ goals. Have heard both arguments and even though I am not a rap for him, I do consider he is value enough that until another player forces him out he gets a gig. If he is best option as others do not show the necessary form, he is in and if other players are delivering more he is out. Competition for spots is what we need and it will only improve the Tiges. No need to debate this issue, let form determine the outcome.

:confused:

Last three years we have been in dev mode, next year will be our first year we have our own expections to make finals.

If I was Dimma, I would have moved him on by now if he wasn't in our future plans and put the last two years into a kid. Three years ago the only guy that probably wasnt meant to be at RfC in 2013 would be Tucky.

All in all, If Dimma didnt think he had what it takes, he wouldn't be their.

I am a big fan of Nahas and l hope he takes his game to another level reaching his peak age soon.

if knights, petterd or a edwards can play nahas out of the side then we will be seriously going places, granted that nahas is a 30 goal a year small forward that would have had all his rivals covered collectively for a spot on 2012 numbers. Hopefully a frenetic pre season will give us a preview of whats in store for 2013

He has his faults, can go AWOL, can be ineffective, not great at marking. But certainly has his positives, can kick goals, great tackling pressure

He'll go when someone better replaces him, and when that happens I won't complain because we have someone better, until then he does the job

He has his faults, can go AWOL, can be ineffective, not great at marking. But certainly has his positives, can kick goals, great tackling pressure

He'll go when someone better replaces him, and when that happens I won't complain because we have someone better, until then he does the job
I like your diagnosis & your prognosis doc.

...And your avatar has a bignoses. :D

Knights Vickery Martin
A. Edwards Riewoldt Nahas/Sheds

Only room for one of Nahas and S. Edwards in the side these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back