Opinion Where's Nahas at?

Remove this Banner Ad

He's at home!!

I think he's good for selection pressure, not a problem with me keeping him on the list.

Kicking 30 goals isn't much good if you cause double the amount of turnovers because you are always looking to get onto your preferred side.
Ineffective in the midfield?

He can easily knock up 30 touches in a match when rotated through there.
Just because you get 30 touches it doesn't mean that you have been effective. In 3 of the 4 games that Nahas has had 28+ disposals we have lost, 2 of them rather comfortably.

Reasonable suggestive lineup , however where do you fit all of Cotchin , tuck , Foley , Lids , Conca , Grigg, Ellis and one of, if not both of Jackson and King ?
I fit them in the middle and on the bench in the case of Foley and Ellis. I fit Jackson and King at Coburg, handily I will add. That's just me though.

Dom mangled his knee just a few weeks ago. Giants will view him as a 10 year player but safe to say we would have paid overs for him and gotten very little from him for the 2013 season. His value has decreased since he's yet to prove his body can hold up at AFL level (lots of injuries). GWS missed a great chance to give him away from a first round pick, I doubt we'll offer them that much next year.
Did you get a crystal ball for Xmas?

Can't see more than 3 of the following being played in any given game:
King, Knights, A. Edwards, S. Edwards, Nahas, (Petterd)

Of those I really only see Knights (if he is fully fit) and S. Edwards in my best 22. I'm not very high on A. Edwards unlike some on this board.

I imagine Nahas will probably play around 10 games this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well knight's, o'hanlon, petterd and a.Edwards will be proving themselves in the nab cup. Nahas is still best 22 atm and has done very well considering his size and one sidedness.

I think dimma will still go with the king and nahas combo.

Knights, o'hanlon, petterd, s.Edwards, king and nahas are fighting for 2 spots.
A.Edwards is a marking forward. He competes with astbury, mcguane, riewoldt, vickery, elton and to a lesser extent griff. With possibly 3 spots in the 22.

I like nahas and king, both are serving the club well, but both need to be able to play bursts in the midfield effectively.

Well knight's, o'hanlon, petterd and a.Edwards will be proving themselves in the nab cup. Nahas is still best 22 atm and has done very well considering his size and one sidedness.

I think dimma will still go with the king and nahas combo.

Knights, o'hanlon, petterd, s.Edwards, king and nahas are fighting for 2 spots.
A.Edwards is a marking forward. He competes with astbury, mcguane, riewoldt, vickery, elton and to a lesser extent griff. With possibly 3 spots in the 22.

I like nahas and king, both are serving the club well, but both need to be able to play bursts in the midfield effectively.

I see us playing 2 proper tall marking forwards (Riewoldt & Vickery if both fit) with 3 'other' forwards to be made up from all the smalls and mediums plus Astbury. If we have a 6th forward (ie if we don't play a spare man in defense) it'll be a resting gun mid.

Those 3 spots plus 1 bench spot will be filled from a group of 8-9 players. I agree that King and Nahas stay ahead of the new recruits until performance proves otherwise but I do also think S. Edwards is ahead of both of them. If Knights, A. Edwards, O'Hanlon, or Petterd get any games this year it will be at the expense of King and Nahas, hence my expectations of about 10 games for Robbie.

Knights Vickery Martin
A. Edwards Riewoldt Nahas/Sheds

Only room for one of Nahas and S. Edwards in the side these days.
Posts like this annoy me. A Edwards has done nothing for the RFC yet except get drunk. I wish the club had the balls to do a Sydney and start him at the Coburg reserves and make him earn senior selection through weeks of hard work and selflessness. And before anyone says that since the incident he has been training hard, he's an AFL player and its the preseason. Training hard should be a given.

IMO S Edwards and Nahas should be ahead of Aaron in the pecking order.

Still our number 1 small forward. A. Edwards and Knights will need to get a lot of runs on the board before they can be considered to have overtaken Nahas, and certainly on exposed form they're not close to it yet.

Posts like this annoy me. A Edwards has done nothing for the RFC yet except get drunk. I wish the club had the balls to do a Sydney and start him at the Coburg reserves and make him earn senior selection through weeks of hard work and selflessness. And before anyone says that since the incident he has been training hard, he's an AFL player and its the preseason. Training hard should be a given.

Agree 100%. A Edwards could not get a game in the 2nd half of the year in the side that finished 8th (which admittedly is better than us). North are hardly known for their forward marking ability, so they would have been crying out for someone of his supposed ability. Now, if he was injured, he needs to prove he's fit again before he walks into the side.

He also has form as a bit of a serial d!ckhead, so he needs to prove himself as fitting into the club correctly. If that means kick 30 goals at Coburg before getting into the seniors, so be it.

But if Vickery and Griffiths show any form up forward, Edwards may not get a run at all. The most goals he's ever kicked in a season is 36, so he was never a consistent gun forward to begin with.

Agree 100%. A Edwards could not get a game in the 2nd half of the year in the side that finished 8th (which admittedly is better than us). North are hardly known for their forward marking ability, so they would have been crying out for someone of his supposed ability. Now, if he was injured, he needs to prove he's fit again before he walks into the side.

He also has form as a bit of a serial d!ckhead, so he needs to prove himself as fitting into the club correctly. If that means kick 30 goals at Coburg before getting into the seniors, so be it.

But if Vickery and Griffiths show any form up forward, Edwards may not get a run at all. The most goals he's ever kicked in a season is 36, so he was never a consistent gun forward to begin with.
Petrie, Hansen, Tarrant and Harper kept him out. All tall marking forwards...

Everytime I have done a best 22 side I have struggled to fit Nahas in. Now I know that he is capable of kicking 30 goals a season, but the problem for me is that Nahas is one sided and that often gets him into trouble which sees the ball get turned over on top of that he is very much limited in the positions he can play. Its pretty much HFF/FP with a run up the ground every now and then. The problem with the time in the midfield is that he is limited in where he can lineup, i.e. it's pretty much outside the pack waiting for the ball to be fed to him. Come finals time I don't believe that we can carry someone like that.

Nahas is not going to go from our 2nd leader goal kicker to out of the best 22 round 1 next year.

He may very well be out of the best 22 in the future but for now he's our most proven and consistent small forward who has the runs on the board and other players need to push him out. I do get a laugh out of people mentioning the likes of Knights, Edwards and Petterd though when trying to force out Nahas. Totally different players who play different roles. He's competing against Edwards and King. I suspect 2 out of those 3 will play most games and given how overrated King is the 2 are obvious.

Post like this annoy me. He got drunk once (possibly more) like many of the players in their time off. Unlike his team mates he got drunk in a public place where unfortunately for him a copper so happened to be on patrol and subsequently locked him up. From whats been reported in the media Edwards wasn't doing anything untoward and just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. No doubt he regrets going out that night and knows he has humiliated himself. But from what I can gather and it was a nothing incident and he deserves his place in the side as long as he performs in pre-season/nah cup. People like you need to realise that footballers have a life outside of football and aren't always going to be the angels we want them to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back