Opinion Where's Nahas at?

Remove this Banner Ad

In our premiership year our worst forward(best 22) shouldbe kicking 30 goals a season.

That isn't even 1.5 goals a game!!!:cool: nothing special

One of my favorite stats:

in 1973, Richmond won the flag, and kicked 330 goals in the H&A season - 4th best. (in 2012 Richmond kicked 311).

Our leading goalkicker in the H&A was Ricky McLean with 32. Every single other team had a higher goalkicker than us. (Well, Melbourne's best was Ross Brewer with 32 - Melbourne finished 3rd last).

It's not just goals. It's about contributing to the team.

Going into 2014 and Beyond , We can only really have 1 of S.Edwards,Nahas,King playing at a time and i think Edwards is the player going Foward with King relegated to Reserves unless injuries hit and Nahas traded

Too much Same/Same about them for me

largely irrelevant because when we will be playing in a GF it will be against superior opposition against the likes of GWS primed etc....

When we play football GF in 4-5 years it will be superior than what is getting dished up now probably

Goodes is more a mid when it counted though he did chip in (Goodes is a dual brownlow medalist though). See Jetta 45 at half forward, note Morton 2 goals as a pocket player not in the stats.

When Tippet plays next year a better idea of a funtioning forward line will be available with Rohan etc..

The bottom line is Sydney 2012 would probably be 30 points behind GWS in 4-5 years time that we are targeting.

Remember Swans played against the Hawthorn's defense and midfield.... I doubt we will get that luxury so our forward line will have to be better!!:cool:

Please go away....

Going into 2014 and Beyond , We can only really have 1 of S.Edwards,Nahas,King playing at a time and i think Edwards is the player going Foward with King relegated to Reserves unless injuries hit and Nahas traded

Too much Same/Same about them for me

Rubbish. They're all opportunists yes, but each brings something different to the team. Kingy - forward line general, defensive pressure, midfield busts. Nahas - defensive pressure, evasiveness, creativity. Edwards - midfield bursts, creativity, run. There's room for all 3 IMO. Kingy won't be around much longer though.

Rubbish. They're all opportunists yes, but each brings something different to the team. Kingy - forward line general, defensive pressure, midfield busts. Nahas - defensive pressure, evasiveness, creativity. Edwards - midfield bursts, creativity, run. There's room for all 3 IMO. Kingy won't be around much longer though.

1) Jake King DOES NOT HAVE BOOBS!!!!

2) Problem is as you have mentioned, all three can only be used for bursts in the midfield. Assuming our first run midfield is Cotchin, Deledio, Tuck, Foley, and Grigg, our bench would be contested by Conca, Ellis, and Jackson (ignoring sub for now). All these three can play and stay in the middle, King and Nahas don't have the juice for it IMO. I don't mind having one being rotated off the bench, but two is limiting our ability to rotate our midfield too much IMO.

1) Jake King DOES NOT HAVE BOOBS!!!!

Oops, voluptuous man pecs then

2) Problem is as you have mentioned, all three can only be used for bursts in the midfield. Assuming our first run midfield is Cotchin, Deledio, Tuck, Foley, and Grigg, our bench would be contested by Conca, Ellis, and Jackson (ignoring sub for now). All these three can play and stay in the middle, King and Nahas don't have the juice for it IMO. I don't mind having one being rotated off the bench, but two is limiting our ability to rotate our midfield too much IMO.

So you don't think there's room for King, Nahas and Edwards in the same side?

RUBBISH !!!!

LOL if they are in the team in 2014 and beyond - That pretty much means we are F**** and need to start again
King & Nahas are the second hand holden you buy when your just starting out in buisness .

Eventually you want the Merc/BMW, I havnt seen many millionairs driving second hand B'Mers

So you don't think there's room for King, Nahas and Edwards in the same side?

not if we get the output from our recruits that we want, and the kids continue to come on. My first 22 is:

FB: Morris Chaplin Grimes
HB: Houli Rance Batchelor

CT: Grigg Cotchin Deledio
FL: Maric Tuck Foley

HF: Knight Vickery Martin
FF: S.Edwards Reiwoldt A.Edwards

IT: Ellis Conca Newman Nahas/King

As you can see, I have King and Nahas fighting is out for that bench spot, mainly because I prefer to have our bench filled with guys more likely to have a decent stint in the middle.

Fair enough rfctiger74 and GUN, I think King and Nahas are both a bit underrated on this board though.

Agreed. I think King Nahas and S.Edwards have the spots in the side at this point. They could kick a bundle between 'em if they stay on the park!! Its up to our newer mature aged recruits to force them out of the side by doing absolutely EVERYTHING right. Either way Coburg should have a potent forward line!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where's Nahas at? Probably at training would be my guess. :D

In all seriousness though, he might not be a star but I think he's a solid enough small forward and his fairly consistent contributions should mean he stays on the list a while longer (provided he still kicks the goals). Will have some pressure to hold his spot with Azza, Titch, Kingy, McDonoghue, Petterd and Gideon Simon all pushing for small forward places.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back