Who are the top 10 midfielders in the league?

Remove this Banner Ad

him and Dangerfield are so good in their roles that they could potentially be ranked in the top 10 mids and forward catagories

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Probably need to kick a few more goals to be in the top 10 forwards in the game i think.

1) Danger 2) Martin 3) J Kelly are the standouts

4) T Mitchell 5) P Cripps 6) D Beams 7) A Gaff 8) C Oliver 9) Fyfe (getting on the field brings ranking down) 10) M Crouch

After 10: L Neale, B Cunnington, S Higgins, J Kennedy (was top last 5 years, but starting to slow down), J Selwood

1) Danger 2) Martin 3) J Kelly are the standouts

4) T Mitchell 5) P Cripps 6) D Beams 7) A Gaff 8) C Oliver 9) Fyfe (getting on the field brings ranking down) 10) M Crouch

After 10: L Neale, B Cunnington, S Higgins, J Kennedy (was top last 5 years, but starting to slow down), J Selwood
Gotta laugh at picking Cunnington over Cotchin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reputations are made in finals. Sidebottom firmly in there now.

No particular order (for now and next year, which is why I'm leaving out GAZ and PENDLES who have probably had better careers than all of the below):

Martin
Fyfe (when fit)
Cripps
Dangerfield
Kelly
Shuey
Sidebottom
Zorko
Mitchell
Gaff

Gotta laugh at picking Cunnington over Cotchin.
At a glance, Cunnington averages more disposals, marks, goals, tackles, contested possessions, contested marks, clearances/centre clearances, intercepts and spends more time on ground.

Hard to argue that Cunnington isn't better.

martin
danger
fyfe
cripps
kelly
macrae
oliver
yeo
sidebottom
higgins

just ridiculous that i can't find room for this years brownlow medalist but if he played along side any of these players i'd tag all of them before tom mitchell.

In terms of skill level, Kelly by a mile. The others aren't even close to his talent level. Martin, Danger, Cripps and Fyfe have the ability to physically impose themselves on games though. Out of those 5 for top spot. After that you'd have guys like Oliver, Shuey, Matt Crouch, Mitchell, Gaff. Having said that, I think sidebottom and beams would be stiff to not be in there after their finishes to this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back