• St Kilda

Votes: 17 2.6%
  • West Coast

Votes: 126 19.1%
  • One of the rest

Votes: 17 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough... but that is less than 1 per game... so confirms my point he is hardly an inside midfielder as more suited on the outside.
You said he didn't attend 'any' centre bounces that you recalled. Inside or outside, it doesn't matter.

He was often 5th or 6th for CBA's most weeks at Port in 2022.

Think you read that wrong, he attend CBA's in 17 games this year.

Don't worry, I read it at 17 attended also.

Dunno how many he actually attended though.
Just checked as couldn't believe that to be true.

Amon on average attended 17% of Port's CBA's... not 17.

12 Port players averaged more, 7 excluding ruckmen.

Main inside midfielders were Wines 71%, Boak 61%, Drew 55%, Rozee 50%, Butters 38%.

You said he didn't attend 'any' centre bounces that you recalled. Inside or outside, it doesn't matter.

He was often 5th or 6th for CBA's most weeks at Port in 2022.
Yes, he attended on average 4 CBA's per game... 12th highest on Port's list or 7th of midfielders.

Definitely mainly an outside player any ways...

Last edited:
Yes, he attended on average less than 2 CBA's per game... 12th highest on Port's list or 7th of midfielders.

Definitely mainly an outside player any ways...
He had 17 against Carlton alone.

He had 11 against your mob in Round 3. "can't recall him taking any centre bounces".

I liked what the Hawks were doing up until this off-season. I felt like they hacked off a bit too much. The leadership void (only 1 player remaining from their 2021 leadership group) seems to me they'll be involved in some big blow outs next year. This alongside that they're going to have the worst midfield excluding injuries and if those come into the picture than it'll be even worse.

Then again, they have proven me wrong before...

Offloading so much experience at once as Hawthorn have done is a huge risk, especially if the planned rebuild stalls or fails outright a few years from now.

Its a very different situation to the 4-18, second last Hawthorn team from 2004 that Alistair Clarkson took over and rebuilt through 2005 and 2006 to the finals in 2007 and the premiership by 2008. The 2004 Hawthorn team was a team that had unexpectedly fallen down the ladder. They had narrowly missed the 1999 finals, made the finals in 2000 and 2001 and came close to the GF in 2001, and in 2002 and 2003 injuries and inconsistency narrowly cost them a finals spot. Nobody expected the Hawks to slide to second last in 2004, in fact many had them in the Top 8 at the start of the season.

If this Hawthorn rebuild goes wrong, it's a long, tiring journey to start again from scratch in a few years' time.

He had 17 against Carlton alone.

He had 11 against your mob in Round 3. "can't recall him taking any centre bounces".
You are confusing raw numbers with percentages - which is a big difference.

He averaged 17% CBA's not 17!

Clearly more an outside than inside midfielder.

I have already given you the link here.

You are confusing raw numbers with percentages - which is a big difference.

He averaged 17% CBA's not 17!

Clearly more an outside than inside midfielder.

I have already given you the link here.

No, I'm not because I never said he average 17 CBA's( go and read what is written again, he took at least 1 CBA in 17 games.) and it's besides the point anyway.

You made a grandiose claim that he hasn't attended any centre bounces, and he clearly had.

He had 17 CBA's against the Blues, he had 11 against the Crows, 7 against the Hawks and Swans, etc, etc...

No, I'm not because I never said he average 17 CBA's( go and read what is written again, he took at least 1 CBA in 17 games.) and it's besides the point anyway.

You made a grandiose claim that he hasn't attended any centre bounces, and he clearly had.

He had 17 CBA's against the Blues, he had 11 against the Crows, 7 against the Hawks and Swans, etc, etc...
The point remains that he is predominantly an outside player who only spent 17% of the time attending centre bounces - 7th of all Port midfielders excluding ruckmen... & significantly lower than their main 4.

Yes he attended more than I can recall, but doesn't change my original post that he is hardly going to become one of the Hawks main inside midfielders... or do you still believe he will?

The point remains that he is predominantly an outside player who only spent 17% of the time attending centre bounces - 7th of all Port midfielders excluding ruckmen... & significantly lower than their main 4.

Yes he attended more than I can recall, but doesn't change my original post that he is hardly going to become one of the Hawks main inside midfielders... or do you still believe he will?
Here's what I wrote, that you decided to try and debunk. Now you're trying to make out like something else was written, when this is all I ever wrote.

Plus we’ve got Amon who can take some centre bounces,...

He's clearly going to take CBA's along with with Newcombe, Nash, Worpel, Stephens, Maginness, etc etc.

Good points but I think the Saints will struggle (in the short term, they have picked up some good recently) especially while King is out. Our midfield is young but better balanced than it was and will be improving.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
King's expected to be back by Round 6. First Hawks vs Saints is Round 11. I'd imagine with match sim, pre season, and 10 games, the players would have a reasonable grasp over the new game plan. Plus they are getting absolutely pumped by the coaching team at the moment to increase fitness.

You've now got a huge onfield leadership gap. This is why you're in North territory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King's expected to be back by Round 6. First Hawks vs Saints is Round 11. I'd imagine with match sim, pre season, and 10 games, the players would have a reasonable grasp over the new game plan. Plus they are getting absolutely pumped by the coaching team at the moment to increase fitness.

You've now got a huge onfield leadership gap. This is why you're in North territory.
Much like Saints have a huge onfield talent gap. This is why you're in no-mans territory.

You don't know enough about our side to comment on the 'leadership void'.

The reason we were comfortable letting O'Meara and Mitchell go was because enough leaders and talented players put their hands up and performed in 2022.

Also, every side is getting pumped by the coaching team to increase fitness.

As I said, no-mans.
Is the argument behind no-mans land that you don't get good picks if you finish just outside the eight? Because this year we got the guy that Essendon was tossing up to take instead of Tsatas, and last year our best player from the draft was a pick in the 40s.

Is it really better to win two games than eleven because you get better picks? I just don't see it but happy to hear otherwise.

Hawks have the feel of a side that is ok finishing last. Traded out so much experience, and quality experience too.

None of the other contenders have that - north have traded in some mature age players, WC look crap on paper but with a better injury run they should be better this year, and I think GWS still have enough quality to win more than the hawks.

Oh you mean like every club in pre season 😂

St Kilda supporters are in no position to comment on leadership levels, you brought back the coach who burned you for some semblance of relevancy and it will disappear once your club is shown up again for what it is, consistently mediocre and vanilla

You arn't even in North/Hawks terriority

Your in your own territory, at least we spent picks and made a prelim, you won a final and now you are nowhere

Is the argument behind no-mans land that you don't get good picks if you finish just outside the eight? Because this year we got the guy that Essendon was tossing up to take instead of Tsatas, and last year our best player from the draft was a pick in the 40s.

Is it really better to win two games than eleven because you get better picks? I just don't see it but happy to hear otherwise.
Oh please, Pou was never going before Tsatas, even dodo ain’t that dumb. It was draft week click bait. He went exactly where he should have gone & will likely head back to SA anyway.

You’re in no mans land because you aren’t contending nor are you rebuilding. You’ve spent years in that awkward no mans, which looks only likely to continue.

Oh please, Pou was never going before Tsatas, even dodo ain’t that dumb. It was draft week click bait. He went exactly where he should have gone & will likely head back to SA anyway.

You’re in no mans land because you aren’t contending nor are you rebuilding. You’ve spent years in that awkward no mans, which looks only likely to continue.
Haha, what a bizarre response. Reading between the lines of it, you're saying the only way to rebuild is to finish last or thereabouts. I get why you'd want that to be the case because it would justify how terrible you've been the last few years and why you're well in the convo of this thread yet again.

Btw not all SA players go home you know.

He's pretty much a like for like replacement for Mitchell.
He’s clearly not, but we’ve got other inside mids who were already getting CBA’s in his place in 2022, who will now get even more.

Mitchell didn’t fit with the way we want to play footy.

Thankfully Amon will run and carry the ball, he will hit targets inside 50, he won’t call for the ball multiple times no matter where he’s placed on the field finding himself in immediate trouble and he won’t kick helicopters around his body up the line to no one in particular.

I was quite fine with seeing Mitchell traded, if you haven’t already worked that out.

Back