Who is the best coach in the league at the moment?

Which coach is the best?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If Beveridge can restore the Bulldogs to challengers again in the next few years, it'll confirm my suspicion that he's one of the best.

I dont think Clarkson is under any challenge as the best coach.

From a neutral perspective whi has no axe to grind with the Tigers I dont get the "worst list" thing.

I do think you can make a case for Hardwicke as next best. He did innovate and turn necessity into a virtue in 2017 with a very effective small forward line.

He set a trend in backing off the intensity a bit and allowing the players to enjoy each others company. This seemed to create a supportive team culture and give the Tigers an advantage.

I went for Simpson because he has made multiple GF's and Hardwicke has not. With the Tigers finishing minor premieres 2017 doesn't look like a flash in the pan it's true. If they do well this year I might change my view.

Why do you add an e at the of Hardwick?

Don pyke, clearly.
Debateable.

Easily one in the best top 4-6 coaches in the league. Crows had a lot of things go their way in 2017 to make that grand final. Yeah thy only got 15 wins ad a draw which got them top. Yea McGovern didn't play but a line up of Walker, Jenkins, Lynch, Betts and Charlie Cameron is enough to do damage n any game, let alone a grand final. Any other year, 15 wins and a draw would of got them 4th or 5th or in the 2016 ladder, 6th or 7th.

A bad preseason, Injuries hit. crows got 12 wins and didn't play finals. In 2017, 12 wins got a spot in the 8, last season it didn't.

I don't know how the season and Ladder will play out. I see crows getting 15 wins again. That could be top 2, It could be top 4 or even 5th spot with a weak %. Key word is injuries though.

I don't know how the season and Ladder will play out. I see crows getting 15 wins again. That could be top 2, It could be top 4 or even 5th spot with a weak %. Key word is injuries though.

Well thankfully we have a full fit squad to choose from for the first time in a long time and players who want to be there, so I have high hopes for this year, after the predictable let down season they had after losing a GF. I don't see us outside the top 4 and making a prelim minimum, then it comes down to injuries opponents, venue, umpiring at said venue etc.

Well thankfully we have a full fit squad to choose from for the first time in a long time and players who want to be there, so I have high hopes for this year, after the predictable let down season they had after losing a GF. I don't see us outside the top 4 and making a prelim minimum, then it comes down to injuries opponents, venue, umpiring at said venue etc.
Well At least you are realistic.

As I said, I see the crows get 15 wins. I expect the crows to drop 1, possibly 2 games at Adelaide oval. one might be a close showdown loss.

I see the crows away games, of those 10 I would easily pencil 4 or 5 wins as they are against sides expected to finish in the bottom 6.

Going to be an interesting season for the crows.

Clarkson has coached two straight sets exits which is something no other coach has done under the current finals format.

Not even Mark Williams achieved that in the early 2000's and his Port Adelaide sides were notorious for choking in finals.

Our list was so s**t we were predicted to finish outside the top 10.

And once again this is where we are predicted to finish.

So we shouldnt have even been in those finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardwick
Invented the small man pressure forward line and brought a rag tag group of role players and champions alike to win an unlikely drought breaking premierhip.The premiership was massive in the sporting world and revealed that Richmond has a massive supporter base that is good for the Afl and football in general.Hardwick has also managed Riewoldt ,Rance and Martin beautifully, ensuring a harmonious club.
Second, I dunno maybe Simpson.
Agree with everything you said here except the bit about him inventing the high pressure small forward line.... that's been around a while. But otherwise yeh, he's been sensational.

Our list was so s**t we were predicted to finish outside the top 10.

And once again this is where we are predicted to finish.

So we shouldnt have even been in those finals.

Soft draw last year though due to finishing 12th in 2017.

Tough draw this year with best player out for the season.

Will be interesting to see what Clarkson comes up with.

Soft draw last year though due to finishing 12th in 2017.

Tough draw this year with best player out for the season.

Will be interesting to see what Clarkson comes up with.
still though to finish 4th on the ladder was pretty bloody good achievement considering it was literally a "rebuilding" year. A few other clubs had softer draws and didnt perform that well.

What Clarko has done with the Hawks is incredible, even ignoring today's result.

If I could pick one for past it's Clarko, for current its Buckley and going fwd Dew.

You're ignoring the fact that he started with a really good team, and took it nowhere. They have underperformed massively in the last three years and hasn't taken them to a GF since the first one..

He has no excuses not to coach Geelong to the flag this year - the Big 3 are all fully fit, firing and know each other's games after a full season gelling in 2018.

Cats 2019 have a Miami Heat 2012 feeling to them - you just knew LeBron would get his ring that year no matter what and same applies to Dangerfield getting his premiership this year.

Back