Toast Who is your favourite player on our list?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruzzy for me. Feel like I was one of the few that back him in the early days when a lot of people wrote him off. Screams Collingwood for me. May not be the best player on the field, but is tough as nails and never gives up.
I love him on the field too. Just love the way he plays, but I didn't list him because he reminds me of Darren Millane. .

Pants Millane was my favourite ever Collingwood player. I hero worshipped him as a kid. I met him one night. Since then I've avoided meeting my Collingwood heroes. I want to keep them as idols.

I love him on the field too. Just love the way he plays, but I didn't list him because he reminds me of Darren Millane. .

Pants Millane was my favourite ever Collingwood player. I hero worshipped him as a kid. I met him one night. Since then I've avoided meeting my Collingwood heroes. I want to keep them as idols.

If you met him at the Tunnel, I understand your sentiment.

Probably divides opinions, but I have been a fan of Shaz since day one. Brilliant hands, tidy skills and such great footy IQ, if only he could’ve played 100 games for us by now compared to the 30 odd we’ve gotten, he could’ve been an all-Australian and helped us during some of our heartbreaking finals losses.

Aside from him, JDG. Absolute freak and bonafide superstar of the game. Maybe the best forward I’ve seen since the rise of Buddy, his leading ability, strength 1v1 and the ability to make the impossible look easy makes him a joy to watch. As the old saying goes “He’s worth the price of admission alone”.

His speech at the Copeland when he was pissed as nannas mattress was gold

You got the ‘like’ for excellent use of simile

PS Ben Reid - best swingman since Teddy Whitten. Love him from the top of his Gulag skull to the soles of his rocket launchers. Jordy would be nothing without his mentoring. Darce wouldn’t know Sartre from Camus. And Brodie would still think poems must rhyme. He is the spiritual captain of the club and his injuries have denied us 2 premierships.

Grundy. And I am not bandwagoning because he is arguably our best player. I've been in love since 2013.

Pendlebury, Treloar and Adams are all superb midfielders and club men and I will never take them for granted.

Love Howey for how he controlled the back line in its infancy in 2016, 2017 and early 18 whilst a lot of others were finding his feet. Now he doesn't have to work as hard as he used to but he still contributes massively, and saves his best for the biggest games.

Have extreme admiration for Mayne and Mihocek who have achieved plenty in the face of adversity, as well as Greenwood who hasn't faced the same struggles but his team-first mentality has always stuck out as his best trait and one that has deserved him a spot in our best side for years.

Stephenson, Maynard, De Goey and Moore are also some of my favourites because they are all young and great, and look to have fantastic Collingwood careers ahead of them.

I have a soft spot for much maligned players On the fringes, but who have skill and talent, but who struggle for some reason. I need to see a psychologist.

Used to love Leon Davis.

Now, maybe it’s Varcoe, Daicos, Langdon, Broomhead. Used to like Aish.

But as a little kid, it was the legends: Daicos, Millard, Shaw, Crosisca, Brown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sier for mine but only because I’m fascinated by unrealised potential.

I fear he has a little too much of Harold Hopkins’ seagull watching in him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back