Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

Collingwood’s next three are Hawthorn, Port (MCG) and then Essendon. It’s not inconceivable that they’ll be 4-3 just after the bye.

Whoever goes too early in this thread could easily have a fair amount of egg on their face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
None of those games are gimmes either, even the hawks

The last 25 years has just been a patient build to peak at a flukey Preliminary Final appearance, in a year that saw Collingwood win the flag.
I find the usage of the word flukey to be a bit ironic, considering that flag win was bit of a fluke in itself!

Well I tell you what Scritchyscroony I reckon that KFC bucket is looking pretty good right now. Not even sure Hollands needs to play a game to take the chocolates the way Schultzy is performing!
Yeah he's been underwhelming so far for sure.
Hopefully he just needs more settling in time. If he's still like this come round 13 then we've officially been sold a lemon and you will get your KFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Particularly after they've played two bottom 4 teams. Three bottom 4 teams after today.

Good point.

Yep, the ladder is indeed a joke at this time of the year, given some teams have played opponents who will likely finish in the top 4, whilst some other teams have only played (and scraped in against) bottom 4 teams.

Not naming any teams specifically....
So the ladder is a joke but then you use the ladder to minimise Carlton's wins...?

Either the ladder at this point accurately reflects the quality of the team or it doesn't and is meaningless. You can't have it both ways

So the ladder is a joke but then you use the ladder to minimise Carlton's wins...?

Either the ladder at this point accurately reflects the quality of the team or it doesn't and is meaningless. You can't have it both ways
Nah, I'm using the opposition to minimise Carlton's wins.

North and Richmond will definitely be bottom 4 teams, and based on what Brisbane have produced so far this year, they'll be doing well to avoid bottom 4.

Back