Essendon are now the one to watch out for - They can win the premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Barely scraped in against the bottom 2 sides in late last year as well which signalled the end of the cliff for that season. Lack of midfield depth currently being exposed with no Parish, Hobbs, Duursma, Setterfield, even Shiel playing poorly, Cox now injured, Goldstein needs a spell but Draper also out. Draw from here looks a lot tougher and will be the true test to show if Essendon have made any real gains from last year

I don't trust Essendon's game plan come finals. They're a team that provide constant pressure but in finals pressure is not enough. Not even halfway through the season where the 2nd half is a different type of game.

Chief surely one mock thread is enough on the main board, or merge this with the Carlton Collingwood thread so we can mock all three teams in the one thread.
At least then we don’t have to switch.

The Bombers have to be premiership favourites after their big tiges win!!

Looking amazing really.

Poor ol Wobblers 0/2 in the “who will be better” threads.

Sad…

Big 4 rankings:

Top 4 contenders: Essendon and Collingwood
Rebuilding: Richmond
No-man's land: Carlton

Thank you for reading my post.
It was a pleasure, thanks for contributing!

BTW is that “ no-man’s land”, as in - no man has ever played so well or been as amazing as Carlton?

At least then we don’t have to switch.

The Bombers have to be premiership favourites after their big tiges win!!

Looking amazing really.

Poor ol Wobblers 0/2 in the “who will be better” threads.

Sad…
You must be illiterate, because in the other thread I think Pies are comfortably in front in the poll and we are comfortably in front on the ladder.

Poor Old Blooze. No idea how to win flags this millennium

Don’t feel sad friend.

Maybe have a good lie down…
LOL

I only feel sad for you sad sacks who are so invested in Collingwood.

We are having our worst season in years and you guys your best, and we are still above you and we still beat you.

Must seriously suck being led to support Carlton. What a waste of 30 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon currently with a 1-1-2 record against the current top 10 at a gargantuan % of 79.6

Interesting few week ahead as the soft draw winds up
People said that before we played GWS and Collingwood. "Let's see how you go against Collingwood and GWS in the next few weeks". Well we comfortably beat GWS and drew to Collingwood.

We're not a top 4 side and CERTAINLY not the second best side in the comp, but Collingwood and GWS are better than Geelong, Melbourne and Carlton so we've earned our current placing.

Gold Coast away will likely be a loss next week given they haven't lost at home this year and Carlton the following week is a 50-50. Though they rated our second half fixture the hardest in the league, it's not that hard. This is the remaining fixture:

Gold Coast away
Carlton MCG
Bye
West Coast Marvel
Geelong MCG
Collingwood MCG
Melbourne MCG

Adelaide Marvel
St Kilda Marvel
Fremantle MCG
Gold Coast Marvel

Sydney Marvel
Brisbane Gabba

Red
represents the games I think we'll lose for sure. We never beat Geelong so I'm already writing that game off. Gold Coast haven't lost at home this year and we're crap at the Gabba. Green represents the games I think we should win (on current form!). So how high we finish hinges on those 4 bolded games. Lose all 4 and we still make finals, but finish 7th or 8th. Win all 4 and it's a top 2 finish. Go 2-2 and we secure a top 6 spot. Or we could crash and burn which is what most people expect.

How far we can go in September however is a totally different question. A premiership or even a prelim final is out of the question IMO. I don't think we will win a final, but I'd be happy with even one finals win this year. I personally don't want to make finals if we finish 7 or 8 because it does nothing for our development. Top 6 or nothing.

Last edited:
LOL

I only feel sad for you sad sacks who are so invested in Collingwood.

We are having our worst season in years and you guys your best, and we are still above you and we still beat you.

Must seriously suck being led to support Carlton. What a waste of 30 years.
You’re not lying down are you …?

This thread isn’t about Carlton stay on topic please.

It’s been established that we are not in the premiership window like Essendon is.

And Collingwood won last year so I guess their window is open by default.

Very average percentage is a better indicator of where we're at. Par score is making finals and a finals win would be a cause for celebration.

Sydney are the standout so far, but I don't trust them to get the job done in finals outside Sydney.

This thread isn’t about Carlton stay on topic please.

It’s been established that we are not in the premiership window like Essendon is.

And Collingwood won last year so I guess their window is open by default.
psssttttt....change your sig

Imagine if Carlton beat us in a couple of weeks. They will be the new flag favourite for sure if they knock off the current flag favourite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back