Who you matchup against Melbournes Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

hi

i am a melbourne fan who is eagerly waiting the game at telstra on saturday between 2 of the in form teams

i would like to know from some sydney fans who you would matchup up on our forward line. by this i mean

Nietz (the main one)

Holland (the second full forward who is also huge and works with neitz out fo the goalsquare)

Miller (tallish centre half forward who is in good form)

Davey (super fast goalsneek forward pocket)

Bruce (only applies if he goes forward but he is about same build as miller but has better skills and pace)

thnx guys

This would be my matchups but I never seem to pick what Roosy does

James - Neitz
C.Bolton - Holland
Barry - Miller
Crouch - Davey
Kennelly - Bruce

The other possible matchups are Bevan on Davey and Mathews on Bruce. LRT has been earmarked for a defensive post, and he may play on Holland/Miller or the resting ruckman (Jamar/White). He did well on Petrie last week. Or if we're really desperate Saddo will go back.

probably one on one neitz too good and too strong than any of your tall defenders....meaning bolton, james, saddington, barry even.

since we have 2 ruckman this week (compared to 1 vs port)

we might put the resting ruckman forward adding to an already tall forward line

ya never know tis gunna be a ripper...too bad i will only be able to hear on radio :(

My guesses for the match-ups are:
Neitz - James
Holland - C Bolton
with maybe Leo Barry playing loose as an extra man on them to counter their height and strength.
I think Crouch will be given the job on Brad Green. I don't know what the Swans will do about Davey. Last week Port had Wanganeen on him which showed a lot of respect. They might put Mathews on him, but I think Mathews will be used in the midfield where Melbourne have some dangerous creative players too. Maybe Kennelly on Davey but it doesn't sound an ideal match-up.
Miller - Bevan.

The Kangaroos tried to expose our defence by sticking all their taller forwards McKernan, Hale, Petrie, Jones at the same time, but what occurred was when the ball was turned over, they couldn't keep up with our defenders' run and this allowed us to create a lot of the play. I'd back C.Bolton and Barry against their taller opponents as they have done it numerous times in the past.

Swans Upstart, I don't think Bevan on Miller is a good matchup. Miller is their CHF and is 193cm while Bevan in 183cm and has really only played on the smaller type forwards. 10cm is a lot to give away. Mathews is unlikely to play on Davey too as he just doesn't have enough pace to keep up.

I don't think we will be 'tagging' Brad Green. I would be happy enough to see Maxfield or J.Bolton running around with him just exerting good physical pressure. Kirk will shut down Yze.

green is our most inform midfielder so kirk may go to him

i mean kirk goes on the oppositions best

probably Yze was our best in 02-03 but this year guys like green and bruce are stepping up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back