Why Carlton have been promising so much yet delivering so little for so long.

Remove this Banner Ad

We have 10 players still going who played in the 2018 GF - Pendles, DeGoey, Adams, Sidey, Maynard, WHE, Howe, Mihocek, Crisp and M.Cox

Our best 5 players so far to date in 2023 according to Pies board voting have been Moore, N.Daicos, J.Daicos, DeGoey and T.Mitchell.

Carlton's last game of 2018 - Weitering, Marchbank, Cripps, C.Curnow, Mackay and TDK all played....the supposed top line elite spine from 2018 are still Carlton's stars in 2023.

Collingwood have evolved our list and rely on different players to what we did in 2018...dont think I can say the same about Carlton.

Probably time for another "66 game rebuild"...apart from the same stars that you have been relying on since 2018 - what else is lifting the Blues up the ladder?
It's actually our better players that are the problem at the moment. Most of our big guns are in a poor run of form. Once they find their form again, then there obviously will be quite a substantial improvement.

If the issues surrounding the tactics and game plan are resolved, and if our key players regain their form then Carlton should still be in contention for a place inside the top eight imo.

Carlton have some winnable games coming up (the Demons apart) against the Swans, Bombers, Suns and Hawks. If the players find some semblance of form, then we should be able to get maximum points out of those four games imo.

The list quite possibly is in need of a mini rebuild. There's still a few players on it, that just aren't up to the required standard. I don't think the current Carlton playing group is at that D Day scenario stage just yet though.

Although having said that if we're still circling the roundabout in two or three years time, then the hard decisions will have to be made unfortunately.

Last edited:

You just said that to a Melbourne supporter, they've won 11 flags since 1936
It feels like only yesterday when Melbourne were a pathetic joke under Mark Neeld.

Melbourne in 2012 and 2013 were almost at Fitzroy 1995 and 1996 levels of bad. If the Dees can go from chumps to champs then why not Carlton!

We have 10 players still going who played in the 2018 GF - Pendles, DeGoey, Adams, Sidey, Maynard, WHE, Howe, Mihocek, Crisp and M.Cox

Our best 5 players so far to date in 2023 according to Pies board voting have been Moore, N.Daicos, J.Daicos, DeGoey and T.Mitchell.

Carlton's last game of 2018 - Weitering, Marchbank, Cripps, C.Curnow, Mackay and TDK all played....the supposed top line elite spine from 2018 are still Carlton's stars in 2023.

Collingwood have evolved our list and rely on different players to what we did in 2018...dont think I can say the same about Carlton.

Probably time for another "66 game rebuild"...apart from the same stars that you have been relying on since 2018 - what else is lifting the Blues up the ladder?
The coaches seem to always get put to the sword at Carlton. But they are so top heavy, after their best 8-10 top players the list talent seems to fall off of a cliff.
That's not to say I believe Voss is a great coach, he hasn't shown that he is at all but he doesn't have a heap to work with either. Everything I have ever heard or read if not outright saying it alludes to a completely toxic culture in the higher ups at Carlton. A coach can only do so much, especially if they are hampered by boundaries imposed on them by the board and executives etc.

It's actually our better players that are the problem at the moment. Most of our big guns are in a poor run of form. Once they find their form again, then there obviously will be quite a substantial improvement.

If the issues surrounding the tactics and game plan are resolved, and if our key players regain their form then Carlton should still be in contention for a place inside the top eight imo.

Carlton have some winnable games coming up (the Demons apart) against the Swans, Bombers, Suns and Hawks. If the players find some semblance of form, then we should be able to get maximum points out of those four games imo.

The list quite possibly is in need of a mini rebuild. There's still a few players on it, that just aren't up to the required standard. I don't think the current Carlton playing group is at that D Day scenario stage just yet though.

Although having said that if we're still circling the roundabout in two or three years time, then the hard decisions will have to be made unfortunately.
Do you not realise that is part of the problem though. Carlton need most or all of their big guns to be firing at the same time to win against good teams. You guys don't have the talent on the list (or at least it hasn't been shown) that will step up in the absence or a poor run of form of your marquee players.

It feels like only yesterday when Melbourne were a pathetic joke under Mark Neeld.

Melbourne in 2012 and 2013 were almost at Fitzroy 1995 and 1996 levels of bad. If the Dees can go from chumps to champs then why not Carlton!
A Melbourne supporter will be better on this one than me but I know they got Roos to go there as a start and didn't expect him to turn the club around completely in a couple of years, they had a succession plan in place for when Roos wanted to call it quits and the stuck to it. I'm sure there was a heap of off field changes as well. Hopefully someone else will fill in those details.

Carlton list management is stuck in the 90s.
A couple of superstars, then bit players.
They still haven't reached the "champion team will beat a team of champions" era

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Mitchell Madness must be watching a different Carlton to the one the rest of us are watching...

Would like everyone to have a look at your posting history to have the same chuckle I just did. It has confirmed my beliefs.

Rivalry is good and all but it is a bit sad when you hate another club more than you love your own. To the point of obsession. Even posting about Carlton on the Collingwood board.

Probably time to relax a bit. Perhaps even go to work or find a hobby.

Would like everyone to have a look at your posting history to have the same chuckle I just did. It has confirmed my beliefs.

Rivalry is good and all but it is a bit sad when you hate another club more than you love your own. To the point of obsession. Even posting about Carlton on the Collingwood board.

Probably time to relax a bit. Perhaps even go to work or find a hobby.
You're scrolling through my posting history and telling me to go to work or find a hobby?

Good point.

As I said this was 2013. So the demoralised demons had a similar salary cap to hawks and Geelong in 2013

Yeah, understand the truth can hurt sometimes.

Good to see you fronting up though, but surely you can do better than playing the man?
When you live on this forum only to pot one club 90% the time the term rent free living comes to mind and we are well and truly living in your head.

Keep going though and it is great viewing listening to your never ending dribble on all things Carlton! 🤣

When you live on this forum only to pot one club 90% the time the term rent free living comes to mind and we are well and truly living in your head.

Keep going though and it is great viewing listening to your never ending dribble on all things Carlton! 🤣
I've been on BigFooty since 2007.... when has there been an opportunity to say something positive about Carlton?

I regularly say complimentary things about clubs other than my own, but Carlton have never been in a position where it has been warranted.

Why should I apologise for my views and predictions about Carlton being consistently on point?

I've been on BigFooty since 2007.... when has there been an opportunity to say something positive about Carlton?

I regularly say complimentary things about clubs other than my own, but Carlton have never been in a position where it has been warranted.
As i said rent free living mate.

You are tiresome and a broken record on here. I am surprised if you even know what your own team does week to week with the amount of following and negativity you allow for us in your life!

By no means stop and you are free to post how you like but sooner or later you will be found out for your systematic crap posting just constantly trolling one team day after day.

Try Bay 13 for better results that suit your style more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back