moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
Tonight Wigan hammered Hull FC 29-2 and booked their Grand Final spot in style. In Sean O'Loughlin's last game at the DW Stadium, sadly devoid of fans, our defence never gave Hull a chance to get going, and by the second half, they were escaping their own end only rarely. Jackson Hastings, trust me on this, is a *much* better player now than what you might have seen of him in the NRL. Switched to dummy-half today because of the injury to Sam Powell, he produced a MoM performance with 55 tackles. As well as a major hand in our attack. That's only two tries conceded in our last three games. GF at Hull next Friday. We play the winners of Saints and Catalans who go tomorrow.

Saints easily turned over Catalans tonight, so it's a traditional Wigan v Saints Final.

The biggest and oldest rivalry in rugby league. By a mile.

Two really ordinary games.

The PTB is terrible.

Hopefully, the GF is a good game.

Well I thought we did OK! We stopped Hull playing, and took our chances. Yeah the ptb is a bit scruffy; I think the NRL still benefits from the effects of the old two-ref system, the players are used to being policed at the ptb. Catalans were pretty poor against Saints, lost their discipline, not for the first time.

Cruel ending and so harsh on French, who was superb (although I don't think he could be blamed anyway, in all fairness). The shots of Hardaker trying to console him; he looked absolutely in bits after the game. The big questions afterwards were, should the penalty kick by Wigan have been attempted in the first place (rather than kicking for touch and going for one), and the fact the chase from the penalty was poor, enabling Lomax to advance well up the pitch and get Makinson in range for his field-goal attempt.

But I thought it was a very good contest and a decent advert for the sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back