MRP / Trib. Will Ziebell get more weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
More and more I look at the Ziebell incident the more and more I am sure that the tribunal got it absolutely right.

If Ziebell was really making the ball his priority, he would not have turned away from the ball, so that his hip was facing both AJ and the incoming ball. He would have faced up, both hands toward the ball and made a proper attempt to mark. Ziebell can bleat all he likes about not changing the way he plays the game. That's fine Jack. We know you're a coward for turning your body away from the incoming ball - and now we know you're an idiot because you'd be prepared to do it again. What a fool. Led by some even bigger fools.

Quoted for accuracy.

More and more I look at the Ziebell incident the more and more I am sure that the tribunal got it absolutely right.

If Ziebell was really making the ball his priority, he would not have turned away from the ball, so that his hip was facing both AJ and the incoming ball. He would have faced up, both hands toward the ball and made a proper attempt to mark. Ziebell can bleat all he likes about not changing the way he plays the game. That's fine Jack. We know you're a coward for turning your body away from the incoming ball - and now we know you're an idiot because you'd be prepared to do it again. What a fool. Led by some even bigger fools.

You can't mark handballs, even hospital ones from Murph :thumbsu: Sure makes this post credible. :thumbsu:

Good to see he-man AJ take the field after the fractured cheekbone. Lesser mortals like Jonathan Brown missed weeks with the same injury.

You can't mark handballs, even hospital ones from Murph :thumbsu: Sure makes this post credible. :thumbsu:

Good to see he-man AJ take the field after the fractured cheekbone. Lesser mortals like Jonathan Brown missed weeks with the same injury.

Wishing Leigh Adams all the best with his recovery, after that nasty chicken-wing injury. Oh ... what, he actually played yesterday!!!! Unbelievable. What a trooper. Poor guy must have been severly hampered-dislocation and all.

Wishing Leigh Adams all the best with his recovery, after that nasty chicken-wing injury. Oh ... what, he actually played yesterday!!!! Unbelievable. What a trooper. Poor guy must have been severly hampered-dislocation and all.

Word is they had to graft a new arm from a robbed grave on to him then get a witch doctor to make it take. The same one that was sticking pins into a Judd doll all week.

Do you honestly think that Ziebell should have got the all clear for that attempt to...............for whatever he attempted to do?

Forget the weeks he got, but was he innocent or guilty?
Should have he also not been rubbed out for a similar incident on Riewoldt?

But it looked bad. That's all this is about.
You're a man running into someones face with your backside or your elbow to protect you, when the ball is not the object.
So being that there was no mark to contest why did Ziebell's feet leave the ground?

Anyway, this one is all done and dusted and North have admitted as such.
They made the mistake, they pay for it. Simple.

Do you honestly think that Ziebell should have got the all clear for that attempt to...............for whatever he attempted to do?

Forget the weeks he got, but was he innocent or guilty?
Should have he also not been rubbed out for a similar incident on Riewoldt?

Yes, I honestly believe that Ziebell should have got the all clear for that attempt to take the football, which had looped above an opponent, with both hands. He was guilty only of playing the ball in the Joseph case. He got what he deserved in the Reiwoldt case, as he played the man. Two very different incidents.

I also honestly believe that if someone did to Judd or Murphy what Judd did to Adams, that person would not be playing for the rest of the season.

PS - thanks for the concern, but I'm not crying. I'm happy that my team is finally putting it together and having some good wins. :thumbsu:

Yes, I honestly believe that Ziebell should have got the all clear for that attempt to take the football, which had looped above an opponent, with both hands. He was guilty only of playing the ball in the Joseph case. He got what he deserved in the Reiwoldt case, as he played the man. Two very different incidents.

I also honestly believe that if someone did to Judd or Murphy what Judd did to Adams, that person would not be playing for the rest of the season.

PS - thanks for the concern, but I'm not crying. I'm happy that my team is finally putting it together and having some good wins. :thumbsu:

Do you think that there may be a reason why you "honestly believe" as opposed to dishonestly believe?

You may well believe, but your club (representing you) didn't, as they would have pursued the matter further, if it was as clear cut as you are suggesting.

Look, it's unfortunate that Ziebell got four weeks, but your club asked for it and its wishes were granted.

P.S. Just quietly I'm also happy if North make the eight, if we don't.
Just don't get too many players injured. That's all this is about.

Do you think that there may be a reason why you "honestly believe" as opposed to dishonestly believe?

You may well believe, but your club (representing you) didn't, as they would have pursued the matter further, if it was as clear cut as you are suggesting.

Look, it's unfortunate that Ziebell got four weeks, but your club asked for it and its wishes were granted.

P.S. Just quietly I'm also happy if North make the eight, if we don't.
Just don't get too many players injured. That's all this is about.

LOL, you asked "do you honestly think", I simply applied your word ...

The club didn't appeal because the bar is very high to prove a mistake in law, the only viable avenue for appeal in the circumstances. Personally, I thought there was a mistake in law, based on the narrow direction to the tribunal in terms of what they were to consider, but hey, I'm not a lawyer.

Anyway, if we do make the finals, at least Jack will be cherry ripe.

Agree re injuries. You've been cruelled this year and unlike last year, we haven't.

The problem for young blokes like Ziebell - playing in shyte teams like Norfs - is that they actually learn to believe the crap that spews forth from their own walking dead Coach and even less impressive president -who is by reputation, deed, and action now absolutelyu known as a second rate no body media wannabne flunky.

There is no doubt that Ziebell's contact to Josephs head was not incidental to a contested possession - how do you go for a ball with one outstretched hand whilst at the same time turning your body away from the flight of the ball into an opponent using teh other pre-prepared braced arm? - there is only oen answer to that - and that is a premedidated calculated smart arse ( I am smarter than umps and MRP ) hit.

Ziebell is hostage to his own actions now.

Oh and to the brazen Norfs supporters posting here - your Club's putrid noise over Adams - is a disgrace- you know it everyone knows it now- and Adams is a now a known DOG - a poorly paid ACTOR for your clown of a Coach and President.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh boy oh boy that is off the richter for silliness. And you no doubt believe that GW Bush was behind the attack on the Twin Towers and that Elvis is alive and well in cognito in Dubbo somewhere.

By the way you are most welcome on this board with comedy gold like this.

Can't say that your board is so welcoming however. When I posted a heartfelt congratualtions to Leigh Adams for his miraculous recovery from having his arm "ripped out by the socket" it was deleted in seconds. And yet Joseph, who actually did have to be subbed off because of Jack's hit, was getting bagged in the same thread for being picked. A bit precious in our glass house aren't we?

Enjoy your draw. Its the only reason you are in the eight.

Oh boy oh boy that is off the richter for silliness. And you no doubt believe that GW Bush was behind the attack on the Twin Towers and that Elvis is alive and well in cognito in Dubbo somewhere.

By the way you are most welcome on this board with comedy gold like this.

Can't say that your board is so welcoming however. When I posted a heartfelt congratualtions to Leigh Adams for his miraculous recovery from having his arm "ripped out by the socket" it was deleted in seconds. And yet Joseph, who actually did have to be subbed off because of Jack's hit, was getting bagged in the same thread for being picked. A bit precious in our glass house aren't we?

Enjoy your draw. Its the only reason you are in the eight.

I know you were being sarcastic, but yes I do hold the view that the US (not W himself, of course, he is a moron) was behind the attacks. I was living in Europe at the time, and the reporting was/is more balanced there. Do some digging, the evidence is compelling.

And thanks, but I do much better comedy on the North board. You should visit some time ... heartfelt congratulations are always graciously accepted if that is indeed what they are.

I know you were being sarcastic, but yes I do hold the view that the US (not W himself, of course, he is a moron) was behind the attacks. I was living in Europe at the time, and the reporting was/is more balanced there. Do some digging, the evidence is compelling.
No, it's not. Certain aspects are confusing and open to speculation. Try painting a big picture with the conspiracy though. It's pure slapstick. Don't bother replying. It's been done to death on the SRP board.

And thanks, but I do much better comedy on the North board. You should visit some time ... heartfelt congratulations are always graciously accepted if that is indeed what they are.

I knew it!

Oh, you really are a delight. OBL did claim responsibility for 9/11 and had the motive of spreading terror (which he succeeded at). Also a work colleague also tried to prove it by sending me some links to conspiracy websites. However i also did some digging and found some websites that have compelling arguments from firemen and others directly involvedin the rescue at WTC, including recordings debunking the controlled explosion myth. Of course this doesn't 100% say the conspiracy theorists are wrong. Just on the balance of probabilities i would say it was down to OBL and Al-qaeda.

As they say in the classices, back to the topic please.

I suggest you stay there !!!

North took a huge gamble at the Tribunal and lost.
Ziebell had priors and it was a no win gamble.

Time to move on and deal with it North fans.

This thread is DONE !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back