Review Winners and Losers - 2016 AFL National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

ahhh Ok ... not really into making fun of people. If the bet is for bragging rights ie even money ... I would pass.

Normally in betting terms the word "wont" ='s a zero probability.

Just for the record I dont even barrack for GWS and they have a much, much better probability than zero.
I yell you why I wouldn't put it in writing, because technically it may be classified as a binding agreement and I may be liable ;)

Then Carlton are stupid, he's finished.

Bringing in a ready-made best 22 player for pick 135 doesn't strike me as a stupid decision.

Seems a very smart move to bring someone in who can contribute straight away and provide a much needed senior body to protect the youth we will no doubt be playing throughout the year.

Bringing in a ready-made best 22 player for pick 135 doesn't strike me as a stupid decision.

Seems a very smart move to bring someone in who can contribute straight away and provide a much needed senior body to protect the youth we will no doubt be playing throughout the year.
If Bolton has recruited him as an outside mid there is no issue as Carlton are very light on in this department.
I wouldn't want to see him playing high half forward or forward pocket, keeping the likes of Lamb, Sumner, Lebois, Pickett, Polson, Wright from getting game time.

If Bolton has recruited him as an outside mid there is no issue as Carlton are very light on in this department.
I wouldn't want to see him playing high half forward or forward pocket, keeping the likes of Lamb, Sumner, Lebois, Pickett, Polson, Wright from getting game time.

I don't think there is any doubt Palmer will be seeing significant midfield minutes in 2017, but he will also spend time forward of centre.

He cops a lot of flak but is actually a handy footballer and I think he'll prove to be a very smart recruit for Carlton over the next couple of years.

Why would Geelong select Parfitt just baffles me. Narkle and Stewart are ok but Parfitt well ................

Palmer is definitely not finished. As we saw this season he's still a more than handy contributor, who I think would have a place on any sides list.
He's pretty close to finished. I couldn't see any top 8 team wanting him and any team on the up would prefer to put games in to young players. The one spot where he could be of use is a bottom team looking for a mature body, but I don't think even Carlton would've been that interested had he been a free agent. They got him in by using list and salary cap space as currency to get better picks and players for the future. A smart move.

As for him contributing in games can't Thomas, Wright, Armfield, Sumner, Lamb provide the mature half forward options for the blues? With Curnow, Kerridge and Graham providing mature runners in midfield.

Eventually the AFL will have you being responsible for your own club, the equalisation policy won't simply be rhetoric. If GWS doesn't win a flag before then, it'll become the biggest failure in AFL history.

If players don't want to live in Brisbane, do you think they would want to live in Western Sydney if the club isn't winning premierships? It was only 15 years ago that Brisbane won 3 in a row, concessions were abolished and the rest is history.

Live it up while you can and pray GWS can win a flag during their AFL-commission owned window.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok its a touchy subject but political correctness is getting out of hand I am 1/4 indigenous but everyone walks around the issues.

Drafting a player of risk is huge now and we all no it...

The go home factor is crap -Bolton would have gone top 5 if he was white....

Parfitt has been amazing for 2 years trust me way better than most drafted.

Winners and loosers in a draft...ask Goodes Betts and the worst one off all time Charlie Cameran who was looked over 12 times ? your family and time on a list has never been more relevant

What if some one told you Parfitt was SPS, just 3cm shorter.

What ? Parfitt I rate highly, but his kicking skills are nowhere near SPS.
He looked like a great prospect as a bottom ager, he just didn't improve to a level which many of us were expecting, still a lot to work with.

What ? Parfitt I rate highly, but his kicking skills are nowhere near SPS.
He looked like a great prospect as a bottom ager, he just didn't improve to a level which many of us were expecting, still a lot to work with.
SPS had a disposal efficiency of 49% at the champs. Hope he's improved this somewhat over the course of the year, given he's not a ball magnet.

SPS had a disposal efficiency of 49% at the champs. Hope he's improved this somewhat over the course of the year, given he's not a ball magnet.

Because he had a DE of 49% at this years champs, after coming back from injuries, this makes him a bad kick ?
Have a look at what this kid been doing since he was 15 and tell me he is a bad kick.
In the All star game SPS was the second highest possession winner IIRC.

Because he had a DE of 49% at this years champs, after coming back from injuries, this makes him a bad kick ?
Have a look at what this kid been doing since he was 15 and tell me he is a bad kick.
In the All star game SPS was the second highest possession winner IIRC.
All I've presented are stats from the champs where he played against the best and had a disposal efficiency of 49% (ke is generally lower than this). Do you have any other stats from the games you have brought up that suggest hes better than this?

All I've presented are stats from the champs where he played against the best and had a disposal efficiency of 49% (ke is generally lower than this). Do you have any other stats from the games you have brought up that suggest hes better than this?

Not really big on stats, they can be miss leading particularly in junior footy.
What I have heard is and seen is recruiter raving about SPS for the last 3 years, some have said he is the most talented junior they have ever seen.
He played against the best in the All stars game 23 touches 6 clearances and 8 tackles.
If you want to believe SPS is poor kick because he has some low kicking efficiency stats, that's your choice.
How would discribe Shai Boltons kicking skills ? IMO he goes on some lovely long runs and does get some good penaration on he's kicks, but he can certainly butcher it.

Not really big on stats, they can be miss leading particularly in junior footy.
What I have heard is and seen is recruiter raving about SPS for the last 3 years, some have said he is the most talented junior they have ever seen.
He played against the best in the All stars game 23 touches 6 clearances and 8 tackles.
If you want to believe SPS is poor kick because he has some low kicking efficiency stats, that's your choice.
How would discribe Shai Boltons kicking skills ? IMO he goes on some lovely long runs and does get some good penaration on he's kicks, but he can certainly butcher it.
Interesting comparison that you suggest between SPS and Bolton, although I'm not sure why because there should be a massive difference in expectations and quality of player between pick 5 and 29.

You have compared a top 5 pick to 2 late 20s picks in Parfitt and Bolton.

For a top 5 pick I'd hope you would be aiming higher.

Interesting comparison that you suggest between SPS and Bolton, although I'm not sure why because there should be a massive difference in expectations and quality of player between pick 5 and 29.

Didn't compare them, I asked you how you rated Shai Boltons foot skills
SPS is widely considered the best dual side kick in this draft and it's clear he is a extremely skillful player.
You disagree, that's fine we all have our own views on things.

Didn't compare them, I asked you how you rated Shai Boltons foot skills
SPS is widely considered the best dual side kick in this draft and it's clear he is a extremely skillful player.
You disagree, that's fine we all have our own views on things.
Yep, seeing he isn't a massive ball winner, his kicks need to be daggers. I'm not sold, but hope he proves me wrong. Pick 5 you want rolled gold. I hope he turns out that way but I think Brodie was the way to go (I would have picked him at 6 if we had it still).

As for Bolton, there was a reason he was chosen at 29. He looks a human highlight reel. To me his issues will be discipline and willingness to get the best out of himself as well as staying involved in games. That's generally the major issues for highly talented high half forwards. His foot skills for mine seem really solid, considering his goals and score assists per game conversion is really high. Very damaging vs possession count. We will wait and see with this one but happy taking the punt at pick 29.

DaVilla Blues

We got Simpkin who could have gone top 5 if he remained injury free.

We got Declan Watson who i believe is a gun and over time will be a gun

We got Williams handy pick-up potential is there.

Larky is a decent enough pick up for such a late pick.

We done better then a lot of other clubs in this draft.

And we got Macreadie......who would have also gone top 5......but only if he had have got injured. :)

Never assume because..........................

Yeah listened to the SEN on the clock wrap.

BA:
- Loves Essendon's 2, 3, 4 and 5th pick to give them a great first 5
- Clips Adelaide for Galluci, doesn't rate his kicking. Likes their next 2 picks
- Likes Brisbane's, Gold Coast's and GWS' work with good nice picks
- Happy with Carl, Coll. No issue with Melb, Haw
- Doesn't like the Geel selections of Parfitt and Narkle, doesn't mind the middle 2, thinks the rookies are stronger than the late picks.
- Unsure of St Kilda's draft with fit but doesn't knock the players too much
- Isn't a fan of the Eagles picking up Petrie
- Loves English but isn't sold on all of the Dogs picks but respects Dalrymple
A lot of Eagles fans don't seem to be all that happy about them picking up Petrie either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back