Review Winners and Losers of the Trade Period 2022

Who won trade week 2022? (up to 3 selections)

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 116 21.9%
  • Richmond

Votes: 173 32.6%
  • Geelong

Votes: 348 65.7%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 58 10.9%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 165 31.1%
  • Adelaide

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • GWS

Votes: 16 3.0%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Essendon

Votes: 8 1.5%
  • Freo

Votes: 33 6.2%
  • West Coast

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • Carlton

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 36 6.8%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 19 3.6%
  • North Melb

Votes: 33 6.2%
  • Stkilda

Votes: 8 1.5%
  • Sydney

Votes: 5 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats by length of the Flemington straight.
Needed an influx of youngsters and got them without needing to work through their first couple of seaons which you normally had to do with youth once you draft them. But they still got an early draft pick 7 as stunning bonus.
Tanner Brunh very exciting prospect and to have the Henry brothers playing together is awesome finish to their trade period.
It was a dream run trade period for them.

I’m going against the grain with North. Think they did quite well all things considered.

- JHF leaving is a blessing in disguise. I couldn’t be any less impressed with his performance on and off the field.

- Losing pick 1 is a non-event. Clearly they have no interest in Cadman and therefore still have the full draft pool available to them with picks 2 and 3.

- Griffin Logue is a good pick up assuming they plan on playing him back (not a fan as a forward).

- Gain Port’s future first which I think will be a top 10 pick in a stacked draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I appreciate your well reasoned thoughts. It's why I have North winning this trade period.

Brisbane now only have 2400 draft points. GWS should do the right thing and bid on Ashcroft at pick 1, will wipe out Brisbane's entire draft hand of 7 picks at one go, would be spectacular to watch!

Also saves Cadman the weight of having to carry the number one tag

Do it GWS, a pay back for 10 years of being raided.

Collingwood fans say them on Twitter

a 29yo midfielder who doesn't hurt you
a KPF who barely averages a goal a game
an Adelaide player who even Adelaide didn't want
a small forward who has done nothing other then being related to another player

Lost Grundy a top 3 ruckman when not injured and Henry who before today was the second coming of Buddy

But in all seriousness Brisbane and Geelong

Geelong were given the most extraordinary gift from GC and the AFL, it's impossible for them not to be the biggest winners. Losers are clearly every other team trying to close the gap to the reigning premier being given ridiculous handouts.

I'm not saying that is Geelong's fault, they've just taken a dump on the everyone else whilst Gill was fetching his grapes.

I feel we are losers until we see how the draft plays out. Maybe not a podium loser but bottom half.

OUT: 2, 40, Rioli

IN: 8, 12, future 2nd (Port), future 3rd (Port), Hunt (FA)

Pretty unremarkable but going to the draft with 8, 12, 20, 26 is a solid position. We won't be trading up past 8 (why would you bother when you had 2 to start with?) but might end up live trading in the 20s which we have a hard on for. If we get a couple of "sliders" or highly rated WA players it will look worth it, but pick our top 5 picks this century have been Andrew McDougall (bust), Chris Judd, Chris Masten, Nic Naitanui and Andrew Gaff. Plus Josh Kennedy if you want to include him as a pick 4 traded in after two years in the Judd trade. In the 8-12 range we've taken Beau Waters, Dom Sheed, Liam Duggan. We'll probably stink and get another one next year, but those early picks are your best odds of finding star quality.

Yep.

Got Logue and Tucker with Monopoly money pick handouts. Logue will be solid down back. Tucker will get games with little competition.
But Freo got good currency for them in totality.

Two pick ones that downgraded to 2, 3 and a pick 10-14 next year. With a couple of token throwaway picks in the 40s to appease the masses.

Hardly the kings ransom for the most coveted prizes. Letting the best tall go in another draft is an interesting list management decision.
Port are no certs to play finals. Who are they kicking out? The picks in the 40s will end up in the 30s.

We lost JHF but got more in the trade than Jackson, Rankine, & Taranto got for their clubs.

What we gave up to what we got is no disaster. The 2 & 3 this year and 2 1sts next are critical that we get them right for us to bounce back.

Brisbane now only have 2400 draft points. GWS should do the right thing and bid on Ashcroft at pick 1, will wipe out Brisbane's entire draft hand of 7 picks at one go, would be spectacular to watch!

I think the expectation is that our draft hand will get wiped out anyway, either with Ashcroft alone or with Fletcher as well. We have enough in future picks to cover a bid for Fletcher at ~pick 15 or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your club overpaid for an out of contract player. I know it's a tough pill to swallow but I'll let you in on a little secret: we would have accepted a future second for him if that's what it came down to. I think your list manager got spooked by the PSD bluff.

You're taking this really badly aren't you?

We are expecting to be cleared out.

We will just have to console ourselves with Will Ashcroft.

GWS easily the winners for mine. Off loaded players with big wages and probably past their best/peaked (aside from Bruhn) for another terrific draft pick haul for the next 2 years which gives them massive flexibility and ability to have a pretty good mini rebuild with the best KPF prospect in this year's draft in Cadman.

They absolutely got the best possible value for their departures, The Giants are so much better run footy dept wise than The Suns.

I wouldn't say Melbourne were a big winner but it was a decent salvage operation given the loss of Jackson.

Two 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders brought in for Jackson and Weid. The 2nd rounder we paid for Grundy was gained from trading out slop picks.

Grundy will assume a hefty ruck load giving Gawn more freedom and, importantly, keep him fresh. Gawn was knackered this year - highly targeted player and poorly managed by Goodwin.

Hunter and Schache pretty much irrelevant and cost FA.

That was a “rip the Band-Aid off” period for us.

Not too many hawks fans against it, just upset at the returns. I for one still can’t see the list of suitors that were queuing up down the street looking to pay top dollar though 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lions have never raided a GWS player ....we even gave them Luke Power n Joel Patful.

Back