Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Yeah some form of confrontation over Noise, the Flying of Hill's Drone, it would appear Lynn was not happy about the couple turning up for some reason (Motive) and Russell Hill although in his 70's was not one to back down. We can only speculate but the Drone is the one that keeps coming to me. Lynn being in Aviation as a Pilot etc perhaps took annoyance for some reason?
Russell looked like a real hard bastard too.

I'm still going up there next week based on booked leave and plans from weeks ago, will be interesting to see if we have any issues with track access, weather dependent we should be dropping into the valley from Howitt either Thursday or Friday, and we havd plans to do some short day tracks from the valley floor.
Leave the drone at home!

Yes according to the aviation forums a couple of people who knew him painted a similar picture. He was stood down from Qantas for personality issues. I wonder if he has confessed or not? I wonder if he divulged the general area where the bodies could be? He has high profile legal representation so has he denied the allegations? Police announce charges after 72 Hours of being held and interrogation could he have admitted guilt? Is he arguing self defense? The Drone theory is a good one. They believe Lynn was camping in the prime spot on the River and so Hill had to choose another area. There's no doubt an argument broke out I suspect it was still daylight after the 6pm radio sked in March and Hill could have been flying the drone as it has not been located to date? Was it a noise issue argument?
Certainly sounds like he wasn’t well liked amongst his peers.

If they can't find the bodies, I hope they think to look under his beehives at home. He's got Flow hives in his backyard.

Will be interesting to see how it unfolds if they can't locate the bodies- don't recall many murder convictions with out a body in Aus... I hope they think to look under the hive, however they seem confident in the current search area... 🤞🏼

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So through some common connections I've found out the area where they're searching. I'm not sure how much we're allowed to divulge exactly, but let's just say he may not have had to do any digging in that area, it had already been done for him...
I imagine keeping the location discreet on a public forum is in line with VicPols current investigation objectives, they don't want members of the public getting in the way and contaminating the search area.

So through some common connections I've found out the area where they're searching. I'm not sure how much we're allowed to divulge exactly, but let's just say he may not have had to do any digging in that area, it had already been done for him...

Old mining area, plenty of those in the high country. Was it an area with a gold mining history?

Will be interesting, if guilty, whether we find the real trigger. Whatever the argument it is a huge leap to then commit murder.

To me, the most plausible is that he got into a fight with Russell and he was accidentally killed then killed the other as she was a witness.

Hes charged with murder for both which kinda discounts the accidental death followed by a murder to cover it up.

Anyone charged with a crime this serious will get lawyers, and those with a bit of dough will tend to engage lawyers with greater profile, but it’s probably a loss mitigation exercise now.
Dietrich Principle requires legal representation for serious indictable offences. Quality of representation can vary widely.

I understand lawyers are supposed to do at least one pro bono case a year. There may be a competent lawyer/QC who'd take on the case for notoriety and intellectual challenge.

Dietrich Principle requires legal representation for serious indictable offences. Quality of representation can vary widely.

I understand lawyers are supposed to do at least one pro bono case a year. There may be a competent lawyer/QC who'd take on the case for notoriety and intellectual challenge.
There’s no requirement to do a whole pro bono case a year, though a lot of firms need, for example, to take some pro Bono work to meet requirements for government panel work. They tend not to be crim firms though.

There certainly are barristers who take matters pro bono, and Legal Aid will fund a defence for those without means, but there’s every reason to think he has sufficient assets and if so he’s likely on his own.

I'm still going up there next week based on booked leave and plans from weeks ago, will be interesting to see if we have any issues with track access, weather dependent we should be dropping into the valley from Howitt either Thursday or Friday, and we havd plans to do some short day tracks from the valley floor.

Tell Button Man we are big fans of his here on BF.

No Patrol but in the current Street View image of his place there's an offroad popup caravan in the driveway. First to come up with a pic of the trailer in his driveway wins a free chicken dinner.*

View attachment 1288033

*Paid for and hand delivered by Kurve

Another do it yourself paint job. The other side is more interesting

1637929500484.png

Back