• Sydney 2014

Votes: 18 3.5%
  • GWS 2019

Votes: 208 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 30 5.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs from midway through the third quarter. It was a close game until that point before Melbourne outscored them 100-7 en route to a drought-breaking premiership.
Harsh on the Dogs. We broke them. They didn’t play badly, we just got the ball on a string. I doubt any side (mine included) would have come back from that 3rd q burst.
I’ll rule out sides that we’re lucky to make it (ie us in 88, port in 07) and never really had a chance because those teams had played their grand final the week before that... and the week before that etc
Or teams that ran into an unstoppable object. Sometimes that just happens. Luck of the draw, and all that.
The few that really stick out that should have made a contest are -
Geelong 95- sure Carlton was a great team that year, but Geelong was studded with stars and had no shortage of big game experience. But other than some of the first quarter and junk time goals in the last Carlton did whatever they wanted
Collingwood in 1980 - that side was a bloody good side. 4 grannies in 5 years, and probably should have won 2 but that day they were destroyed. Not with a bang but a whimper
Adelaide and GWS - that Richmond side is one of the best I’ve seen. No team was going to beat them those days but geez neither of them looked like they wanted to try after going a couple of goals down. Both teams had enough talent to make a contest but in the end a wet lettuce would have put up a better fight

Harsh on the Dogs. We broke them. They didn’t play badly, we just got the ball on a string. I doubt any side (mine included) would have come back from that 3rd q burst.
I’ll rule out sides that we’re lucky to make it (ie us in 88, port in 07) and never really had a chance because those teams had played their grand final the week before that... and the week before that etc
Or teams that ran into an unstoppable object. Sometimes that just happens. Luck of the draw, and all that.
The few that really stick out that should have made a contest are -
Geelong 95- sure Carlton was a great team that year, but Geelong was studded with stars and had no shortage of big game experience. But other than some of the first quarter and junk time goals in the last Carlton did whatever they wanted
Collingwood in 1980 - that side was a bloody good side. 4 grannies in 5 years, and probably should have won 2 but that day they were destroyed. Not with a bang but a whimper
Adelaide and GWS - that Richmond side is one of the best I’ve seen. No team was going to beat them those days but geez neither of them looked like they wanted to try after going a couple of goals down. Both teams had enough talent to make a contest but in the end a wet lettuce would have put up a better fight
Yeah I just reckon Carlton ‘95 was so good, the Cats get a pass for that year

I never saw the ending.

Richo crying was my " yeeeeeeeah TV-off time " moment
Watching the end of grand finals is overrated, when Goddard took that speccie in front of Luke Ball to win the 2010 GF for the saints I immediately started celebrating. Drank myself stupid for a week. I vaguely remember seeing saints fans still in their gear the next Saturday but from all the shenanigans everyone looked pretty down so it was time for bed.

Yeah I just reckon Carlton ‘95 was so good, the Cats get a pass for that year
I’d normally say yes but Geelong in that year wasn’t a bunch of maybes. The core of the team almost beat the unstoppable Hawks in 89 and played in a couple more after. They were no spring chickens that shouldn’t have been there or were overwhelmed by the day. They were hardened campaigners that rolled over once the scoreboard was not looking good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney Swans 2022 lol

It's just not like the current Swans team who are a very dangerous opponent that will make any team work for a victory. In 2014 Sydney were ridiculously heavy favorites against Hawthorn and had no Plan B when Hawthorn ambushed them, in 2016 they lost a very good grand final against a Bulldogs team that really wanted to end its flag drought in a season of strange results, but this is just weird.

Sydney didn't deserve this outcome. They've been a great club for as long as Geelong have been
I truly thought it was going to be a tough match
I feel sorry for Sydney, because I know what getting nothing back feels like when so much is promised
Longmire is also a vastly underrated coach who doesn't talk crap and has maintained a club-first approach. I would like to see him win another flag - in a year where the Cats aren't contenders...

It's just not like the current Swans team who are a very dangerous opponent that will make any team work for a victory. In 2014 Sydney were ridiculously heavy favorites against Hawthorn and had no Plan B when Hawthorn ambushed them, in 2016 they lost a very good grand final against a Bulldogs team that really wanted to end its flag drought in a season of strange results, but this is just weird.
Just average leadership. Parker, Franklin, Rampe. They’ve been embarrassing from the first bounce.

Sydney didn't deserve this outcome. They've been a great club for as long as Geelong have been
I feel sorry for Sydney, because I know what getting nothing back feels like when so much is promised
Longmire is also a vastly underrated coach who doesn't talk crap and has maintained a club-first approach. I would like to see him win another flag - in a year where the Cats aren't contenders...
Talk about a gracious winner, well done mate. 👍

Watching the end of grand finals is overrated, when Goddard took that speccie in front of Luke Ball to win the 2010 GF for the saints I immediately started celebrating. Drank myself stupid for a week. I vaguely remember seeing saints fans still in their gear the next Saturday but from all the shenanigans everyone looked pretty down so it was time for bed.
Farking ROAR!

Geelong163Port44.jpg
Hard to go past this as the goat of badulence

Yes they did.

They’ve played like dross all day. They didn’t come to play.

One of the worst GF performances ever. Skill level horrendous.
Any danger of Buddy providing an aerial target for the swans early. Reid has had a better game than Buddy.

Back