• Sydney 2014

Votes: 18 3.5%
  • GWS 2019

Votes: 208 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 30 5.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

doing this then losing to WCE by a goal after the siren (AT THE MCG) It stings!

After the siren now! Why not just say Sheed was kicking from the second tier of the Southern Stand!

You know there were still 2 minutes to go after that goal. Also that wasn’t the first time WC were in front! Yeo put them in front in third quarter and they had the lead for most of the last 6-7 minutes of that Qtr.

I actually wish now Darling had not dropped that uncontested chest mark in the goal square with 45 seconds to go so the margin could have been 10 points.

Sorry that was a little bit rude, I did have to refresh my memory on this grand final loss. It did feel like after the siren but it was coast to coast. Similar feel with 2 mins to go.

I'm pretty sure Darling squandered a chance to kick another goal after that one too.

What's it got to do with this thread, which is about "worst grand final performances"?
Shallacking the tigers to stop their 3 peat, getting rolled by an awful WCE team who finished bottom 4 this season. You could argue that was a shocking performance by collingwood especially with the home ground advantage. In my wet dreams the goal was after the siren.

Shallacking the tigers to stop their 3 peat, getting rolled by an awful WCE team who finished bottom 4 this season. You could argue that was a shocking performance by collingwood especially with the home ground advantage. In my wet dreams the goal was after the siren.
I'm guessing that's actually you in your avatar and that photo was taken in the last 5 minutes.

What does 2022 performance have to do with 2018 performance??

Yep. This was the worst ever. Grand Finals are our kryptonite. We're the new Collingwood. Weren't even screwed like we were in 2016. Just young players overawed and outmuscled by a superior opposition. ******* embarrassing.
You just weren't hard enough at the contest in 2016 just like today. Umps had nothing to do with it. When the pressure was on the dogs were harder and hungrier for the ball.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. This was the worst ever. Grand Finals are our kryptonite. We're the new Collingwood. Weren't even screwed like we were in 2016. Just young players overawed and outmuscled by a superior opposition. ******* embarrassing.
Mare young team and miles of room for improvement. Sydney looked like eagles 2015 out there today where nothing went right

Thing is theres a heap of talent in that group - i think its one of those lose one to win one things.

Geelong163Port44.jpg
Anzacpaul thanks for the like what a lovely reminder. lol.:D

You just weren't here enough at the contest in 2016 just like today. Umps had nothing to do with it. When the pressure was on the dogs were harder and hungrier for the ball.
* off. Stop denying it. You ducking assholes robbed us in 2016. Everyone knows it. Now you're back to mediocrity and the stolen flag is all you can cling to and all your bullshit first to the ball excuses are wearing thin.

Today we choked to a superior team. Whatever I can accept it. Fairly beaten. What I can't accept is 2016 being a fair game. It was robbery.

Mare young team and miles of room for improvement. Sydney looked like eagles 2015 out there today where nothing went right

Thing is theres a heap of talent in that group - i think its one of those lose one to win one things.
I reckon this group will be scarred now unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong and we do what the eagles did, but won't hold my breath. We were soundly beaten. Just not up to it.

* off. Stop denying it. You ducking assholes robbed us in 2016. Everyone knows it. Now you're back to mediocrity and the stolen flag is all you can cling to and all your bullshit first to the ball excuses are wearing thin.

Today we choked to a superior team. Whatever I can accept it. Fairly beaten. What I can't accept is 2016 being a fair game. It was robbery.
Mate, seriously relax and chill. We got beat by a classier and more superior opponent on both occasions. Life goes on.

It was a brilliant win by the Dogs against a team that choked in the last quarter, umps had nothing to do with it.

Back