• Sydney 2014

Votes: 18 3.5%
  • GWS 2019

Votes: 208 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 30 5.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

* off. Stop denying it. You ducking assholes robbed us in 2016. Everyone knows it. Now you're back to mediocrity and the stolen flag is all you can cling to and all your bullshit first to the ball excuses are wearing thin.

Today we choked to a superior team. Whatever I can accept it. Fairly beaten. What I can't accept is 2016 being a fair game. It was robbery.
Better luck next year!

Sydney 2014 was a lot worse... faves and minor prems who walked in the other two finals and were just humiliated.

I don't think was anywhere near as embarrassing, young team on the improve who had a great fun year, credit to Geelong they were really good. No shame in losing to a team who is simply better.

* off. Stop denying it. You ducking assholes robbed us in 2016. Everyone knows it. Now you're back to mediocrity and the stolen flag is all you can cling to and all your bullshit first to the ball excuses are wearing thin.

Today we choked to a superior team. Whatever I can accept it. Fairly beaten. What I can't accept is 2016 being a fair game. It was robbery.
Lol. Sure...

The Swan's just soft as s**t when the heat was on in 2016... Like when Morris was more determined than I think it was Parker with that 50/50 ball on the wing and Morris won the ball.... . Soft as butter.. And priceless when Morris tackled Buddy... Suck it up princess. We had to last year. No excuses..

Today you were FN pathetic..

But life goes on .

Lol. Sure...

The Swan's just soft as s**t when the heat was on in 2016... Like when Morris was more determined than I think it was Parker with that 50/50 ball on the wing and Morris won the ball.... . Soft as butter.. And priceless when Morris tackled Buddy... Suck it up princess. We had to last year. No excuses..

But life goes on .
I could never understand why some guys just can't accept defeat, especially at the hands of a far better team and opponent on the day. If we were that good in those years and this year - which we wern't mind you - we should have been dominant from the get-go.

Ah well - to dream of a year where we get our chance to belt up on a team in the Granny.

Yep. You too! 😄

Hope you figure out a way to stay in the 8 regardless of the AFL cracking down on lowering the knees. Gotta train for that s**t over the summer.
Just weren't good enough today were you, like 2016. And 2014. I'm sensing a pattern here.

I could never understand why some guys just can't accept defeat, especially at the hands of a far better team and opponent on the day. If we were that good in those years and this year - which we wern't mind you - we should have been dominant from the get-go.

Ah well - to dream of a year where we get our chance to belt up on a team in the Granny.
True. It is what it is. Every team wins and loses GFs. Except St Kilda who are just losers non stop sadly for them and their supporters..

At least you have seen a couple of GF wins..

Agreed , Cats would beaten anyone comfortably today.

Too strong in the midfield and much cleaner moving it into the F50, their pressure was as good as any team I’ve seen this year.

I don't think they'd have beaten Melbourne comfortably. Probably a win, but our midfield is much more on par, if not better.

Sydney had a very overrated finals campaign.

What did it say on the scoreboard?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. Sure...

But life goes on .
Fair points but to call Parker soft is just asinine.

Sydney 2014 was a lot worse... faves and minor prems who walked in the other two finals and were just humiliated.

I don't think was anywhere near as embarrassing, young team on the improve who had a great fun year, credit to Geelong they were really good. No shame in losing to a team who is simply better.

Sorry, but there’s no spinning that performance today. There’s plenty of shame and they’d all be feeling it. Losing is one thing, absolutely folding like deck chairs in the opening minutes and putting on one of the worst performances by any team all year is another. The Swans hadn’t lost by more than 20-odd points all year and then they showed up in the biggest game and were inexplicably horrific. It was horrible and completely humiliating. They embarrassed themselves and their club, it was one of the biggest GF losses ever.

Sorry, but there’s no spinning that performance today. There’s plenty of shame and they’d all be feeling it. Losing is one thing, absolutely folding like deck chairs in the opening minutes and putting on one of the worst performances by any team all year is another. The Swans hadn’t lost by more than 20-odd points all year and then they showed up in the biggest game and were inexplicably horrific. It was horrible and completely humiliating. They embarrassed themselves and their club, it was one of the biggest GF losses ever.
That's your opinion I guess. I'll still look back on the year as a positive one. Was the result disappointing, yes clearly. To say they 'embarrassed themselves' is a big call, would it have been better to lose last week by a point instead?

I am bullish on their prospects going forward, if the club falls apart like Port/GWS did post their GF losses then perhaps my view would change...

It was too early to call, but I actually felt the game was over after Geelong's 2nd goal. Had the same feeling in the 2007 GF. You could just sense Geelong came to play, and Swans were slightly off the boil, and that's usually enough to make a difference.

Sat there waiting for the game to start, but it never did. All I saw was a Geelong training run using red and white dunces' hats.

Have never ever understood how a team can make a Grand Final and then give up without a yelp.

2014 was just a masterclass of execution and high pressure footy from one of the best teams of the modern era. Swans weren't even that bad I felt that day we were just incredible. This year's GF felt like Men vs Boys. Melbourne were best equipped to beat Geelong this year and they bottled it and Sydney were the beneficiary. 2019 was worse than yesterday but not by much. Match simulation training drill is what we saw unfortunately. Geelong were physical but there wasn't much coming back the other way.

2014 was just a masterclass of execution and high pressure footy from one of the best teams of the modern era. Swans weren't even that bad I felt that day we were just incredible. This year's GF felt like Men vs Boys. Melbourne were best equipped to beat Geelong this year and they bottled it and Sydney were the beneficiary. 2019 was worse than yesterday but not by much. Match simulation training drill is what we saw unfortunately. Geelong were physical but there wasn't much coming back the other way.
Maybe, it's splitting hairs imo, I don't think there is much difference between losing a GF by 10-12-15-20 goals other than trolling opposition fans. Uncompetitive is uncompetitive.

All you can do when on the receiving end is hope your club continues up rather than trend down.

Back