Worst ground for Test Cricket in Australia?

What is the worst test match ground in the country?

• Sydney - it's always dark and raining, and pitch is usually a road.

Votes: 82 70.7%
  • Perth - great weather, great stadium, no one cares or attends

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Melbourne - big crowds, dead wicket.

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Brisbane - decent pitch, okay crowds, but full of Queenslanders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adelaide - great stadium, good crowds, great village green, but it's in Adelaide

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Hobart - can anyone even remember?

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Perth was a s**t crowd, Gabba was a bad pitch, Sydney rain, Melbourne had a road like 5 years ago, Adelaide is in South Australia. All equally awful.

Only solution is to play all test matches at Hobart.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk
Perth gets 10,000 to day 1 in the middle of the week, during school term, against mediocre opposition and it's a disaster. Brisbane gets 30,000 on a Saturday against superior opposition and apparently it's a roaring success. Go figure.

Perth gets 10,000 to day 1 in the middle of the week, during school term, against mediocre opposition and it's a disaster. Brisbane gets 30,000 on a Saturday against superior opposition and apparently it's a roaring success. Go figure.
It wasn’t that deep, but you want bigger games turn out.

As a Tasmanian is frustrates me when we don’t turn out for the rare tests we get.

You want bigger games prove you will show up and watch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Draws are usually rare now anyway, faster run rates and extended times.
Still doesn't answer my question.

And times are only extended if 90 overs in a day aren't bowled.

I wouldnt put my house on it, and going by gut feel. I'd say Adelaide over many many years would have the most draws.
I'm thinking the SCG has had the most results.

I wouldnt put my house on it, and going by gut feel. I'd say Adelaide over many many years would have the most draws.
85 matches. 19 draws.

No idea about anywhere else.

85 matches. 19 draws.

No idea about anywhere else.
Just found : Brisbane 65 matches, 13 draws.
Melbourne 115, 17
Sydney 110, 22
Bellerive 14, 2

Perth was a s**t crowd, Gabba was a bad pitch, Sydney rain, Melbourne had a road like 5 years ago, Adelaide is in South Australia. All equally awful.

Only solution is to play all test matches at Hobart.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk
You've got sherb vote

As a WA man, I'd have to say Optus. Awesome footy and T20 (scorchers) stadium, but it feels really soul-less as a test cricket venue. I wish they upgraded the facilities at the WACA sooner to make it a state of the art boutique stadium of 15-20k for test and shield cricket.
It looks a bit like an MCG lite on the television.

Perth needs pitches not autobahns. Expats make up most of the crowds v poms, Indians or Saffies.

Ditto Adelaide. The Burdett tradition has been a disaster through to pitch prep in Grade Cricket. produces batsmen whose technique is not challenged and broken hearted military medium bowlers. Good crowds for Tests

The Gabba is a fine ground to watch cricket and offers bowlers a bit. Decent crowds.

Bellerive also suffers road mania but mostly gets results

MCG has the best crowds and little cricket is lost coz of weather. Pitch now offers a fair examination of bat and ball.

Sydney gets fair crowds and the ground has its charms. Oldies like miss the hill. The pitch there favours batsmen. The weather there is unspeakably bad. The NSW Govt needs to pony up and build a covered stadium with bigger capacity than the SCG.

Back