Would the BBL be better with the addition of Indian players?

Remove this Banner Ad

90N90S

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Why don't the teams in the BBL get some Indian players in? Wouldn't it make the BBL better?

The WBBL is better with Indians players.

Too bad the BCCI won't let the guys play BBL

While I will watch Kohli and to an extent Sharma and Dhawan all day, there aren’t as many players from India who I find genuinely exciting to watch so it’s not something that particular worries me.

Parthiv Patel :D

One of the drawbacks of the BBL is the limited range of international talent.

It's more or less English and West Indian players with the odd player from another country.

Obviously the touring calendar makes it a bit harder to get top tier talent from the other countries.

I wish the BCCI would allow ex-Indian players or players without a international contract into the BBL.

There is some serious talent in the IPL from their local players.

The BBL could make it 3 international players per side.

BBL imports 2018/19

Strikers
Rashid Khan (Afghanistan)
Colin Ingram (South Africa)

Heat
Brendan McCullum (New Zealand)
Mujeeb Ur Rahman (Afghanistan)

Hurricanes
Joffra Archer (England)
Tymal Mills (England)

Stars
Sandeep Lamichhane (Nepal)
Matt Parkinson (England)

Scorchers
Usman Qadir (Pakistan)
David Willey (England)

Sixers
Joe Denly (England)

Thunder
Jos Buttler (England)
Joe Root (England)

No West Indians yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only potential I can see is for a player past international duties willing to permanently cut ties with the BCCI (like Harbhajan or something). A big name like Kohli could probably force his way into the BBL but I can't imagine a reason why he would want to.

Yes but why would they play for peanuts, plus the boundaries are bigger and they would have to work on their fielding more

It would be better with good players. The most decorated of the 22 playing in the Renegades/Thunder is Shane Watson. He had a fair international career which ended 4 years ago. Then a long way back it would be Finch and then Jordan who played a few meh Tests a few years ago. Ferguson played 1 Test and averaged 2. Christian took an ODI hattrick once didn't he? Boyce and Richardson played a couple of ODIs. I think Cooper played some ODIs for Holland once. Nabi has played a Test for Afghanistan and a heap of ODIs. Sandhu and Fawad have been around national teams. Tremain was in the Test squad.

Meanwhile the 2018 IPL final had Dhawan, Shakib, Ngidi, du Plessis, Jadeja, Dhoni, Kumar, Williamson, Watson and Bravo. All with decent or better Test records and only Shakib, Watson and Bravo have ever bothered with BBL.

It doesn't matter about being Indian. The BBL playere are largely has-beens and never wasers and it shows. It needs players you'd want to get off the couch and want to pay to watch.

It would be better with good players. The most decorated of the 22 playing in the Renegades/Thunder is Shane Watson. He had a fair international career which ended 4 years ago. Then a long way back it would be Finch and then Jordan who played a few meh Tests a few years ago. Ferguson played 1 Test and averaged 2. Christian took an ODI hattrick once didn't he? Boyce and Richardson played a couple of ODIs. I think Cooper played some ODIs for Holland once. Nabi has played a Test for Afghanistan and a heap of ODIs. Sandhu and Fawad have been around national teams. Tremain was in the Test squad.

Meanwhile the 2018 IPL final had Dhawan, Shakib, Ngidi, du Plessis, Jadeja, Dhoni, Kumar, Williamson, Watson and Bravo. All with decent or better Test records and only Shakib, Watson and Bravo have ever bothered with BBL.

It doesn't matter about being Indian. The BBL playere are largely has-beens and never wasers and it shows. It needs players you'd want to get off the couch and want to pay to watch.
No one's rolling out of bed excited af to watch Jake Freeman and menenti and some other no name roll his arm over

Yeah but if they don't play.. or they aren't allowed to play... or they stick fat with first class games...
It's shouldn't be relied upon...Kohl and co are entitled to land s**t on our domestic situation...it is only in
embryo development? ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back