Wrestle Kingdom 12 (January 4 Tokyo Dome Show)

Remove this Banner Ad

Roppongi 3K (Sho and Yoh) (c) vs The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson): God this feels like I watched it yesterday not today. Good match.

Bad Luck Fale (c), Tama Tonga (c) and Tanga Loa (c) vs Beretta, Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano vs Hanson, Michael Elginand and Raymond Rowe vs Taichi, Takashi Iizuka and Zack Sabre Jr vs Juice Robinson, Ryusuke Taguchi and Togi Makabe: Pretty good too.

Cody vs Kota Ibushi: Was good.

Killer Elite Squad (Davey Boy Smith Jr and Lance Archer) (c) vs Evil and Sanada: So Davey Boy Smith's gimmick is still "I'm my famous father's son"? Okay, that's why I haven't missed or heard of him since he left WWE. I liked Evil and Sanada's entrance. I feel asleep during this match...

Minoru Suzuki (c) vs Hirooki Goto: I woke up at the very end of this one. Saw the 'shaving'.

Marty Scurll (c) vs Hiromu Takahashi vs Kushida vs Will Ospreay: Match of the show. Jim Cornette probably hated it.

Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Jay White: Underwhelmed by this Jay White fellow given they gave him the third last match of the night. But it sounds like Hiroshi Tanahashi is NJPW's John Cena which explains the match placement.

Kenny Omega (c) vs Chris Jericho: This board is full of people desperately dreaming of sucking Jericho's dick. It was an okay match but no disqualification was a pretty obvious shield for Jericho being so far past his prime. But the commentators yelled at the right spots so you people go "OH YES JERICHO YOU'RE STILL HITTING THE ******* HOMERUNS!!" :rolleyes:

Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Tetsuya Naito: I was all wrestled out by this time and wouldn't recognise these guys if they walked down the street (no that isn't a race joke) so was playing around on my phone a bit. Match itself seemed fine. Screaming women in the crowd gave me the shits.

Over 5 hours is a very long time to watch wrestling but I like the matches actually all mean something. A criticism, more an observation really, is the ringside area and much of the stage just looks like crap. Like a super big time indy show.

Last edited:
Seriously, why do you have such a large stick lodged up your ass?

The last match is the main event. "THERE'S 2/3/500 MAIN EVENTS!" is marketing s**t for idiots.

Last edited:
Be honest, who else has downloaded the show, seen the 6 hour, 38 minute run time, and thought "yeah, I'm skipping at least half of that" straight away?

Whoever uploaded the torrent is a ******* idiot. First 65 minutes is just preshit (including freeze frame of the upcoming schedule) and the last 20 minutes is a replay of the main event with Japanese commentary. How about cut that crap and UPLOAD IT IN IN HIGH DEFINITION. Sound was also ****ed up for much of the Omega match.

Last edited:
Whoever uploaded the torrent is a ******* idiot. First 65 minutes is just preshit (including freeze frame of the upcoming schedule) and the last 20 minutes is a replay of the main event with Japanese commentary. How about cut that crap and UPLOAD IT IN IN HIGH DEFINITION. Sound was also ****** up for much of the Omega match.

Or you could just pay for it and stomp being a moron?

And also whoever uploaded the torrent was trying to upload the torrent as quickly as possible for the people not paying for it and so just grabbed the entire NJPW World stream ins
His gimmick is Back to the Future?!
yeah it's great. last time he was in LA he spent his day off visiting set locations from the future. his old entrance video also featured him doing wrestling moves as a small child
Over 5 hours is a very long time to watch wrestling but I like the matches actually all mean something. A criticism, more an observation really, is the ringside area and much of the stage just looks like crap. Like a super big time indy show.
This is just a Japan thing. Ringside photographers, young lions/rookies, stable mates, etc. It's presented to be more like a sporting contest. It's obviously fairly different from the empty void that surrounds the ringside area in WWE. To each their own.

My ratings (didn't see the rumble)

Young Bucks vs. Roppongi 3k - 8.5/10
6-man gauntlet 5.5/10
Ibushi vs. Cody 8/10
Evil/Sanada vs. KES 6/10
Goto vs. Suzuki 7.5/10
Scurll vs. Ospreay vs. Takahashi vs. Kushida 9.5/10
Tanahashi vs. White 7/10
Omega vs. Jericho 9.5/10
Okada vs. Naito 9.5/10

Jericho vs. Omega I was honestly expecting a solid showing, maybe a solid 7/10 match but that match blew my expectations away. I don't think it was as good as WK11 but was more evenly spread with good matches.

Last edited:
Got through the whole show over this weekend in a couple of sittings. If any of these matches gets more than 4 stars from Meltzer, I'll laugh. Nothing here that I especially disliked, but wasn't blown away by anything either. Good show, not great IMO.

Last edited:
Got through the whole show over this weekend in a couple of sittings. If any of these matches gets more than 4 stars from Meltzer, I'll laugh. Nothing here that I especially disliked, but wasn't blown away by anything either. Good show, not great IMO.

I think the junior heavy weight title match and Omega v Jericho getting 4.5 from Meltzer wouldn't be outrageous. At the end of the day is just one man's opinion anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the junior heavy weight title match and Omega v Jericho getting 4.5 from Meltzer wouldn't be outrageous. At the end of the day is just one man's opinion anyway.

Yeah, fair enough. Personally, there wasn't anything here that especially wowed me, but each to their own.

It's moreso if Meltzer tries to claim something here is 5+ stars, game-changing, greatest of all time level, that it would be ridiculous, because there was certainly nothing here approaching that.

No doubt the show did mega business for NJPW at the gate and online, which is the main priority, but from a critical and booking standpoint, it felt a bit flat and fell a bit short of expectations IMO.

Be honest, who else has downloaded the show, seen the 6 hour, 38 minute run time, and thought "yeah, I'm skipping at least half of that" straight away?

The actual event doesn't start until about an hour and a half in (unless you really wanna watch the pre-show rumble which features MCW's own Mr Juicy) and the last half hour is just the Japanese commentators talking so that cuts 2hrs off right there. But yeah I skipped most of the Cody match all the Tanahashi match and most of the Evil & Sanada match with the intention of going back and watching when I've got time.

Roppongi 3K (Sho and Yoh) (c) vs The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson): God this feels like I watched it yesterday not today. Good match.

Bad Luck Fale (c), Tama Tonga (c) and Tanga Loa (c) vs Beretta, Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano vs Hanson, Michael Elginand and Raymond Rowe vs Taichi, Takashi Iizuka and Zack Sabre Jr vs Juice Robinson, Ryusuke Taguchi and Togi Makabe: Pretty good too.

Cody vs Kota Ibushi: Was good.

Killer Elite Squad (Davey Boy Smith Jr and Lance Archer) (c) vs Evil and Sanada: So Davey Boy Smith's gimmick is still "I'm my famous father's son"? Okay, that's why I haven't missed or heard of him since he left WWE. I liked Evil and Sanada's entrance. I feel asleep during this match...

Minoru Suzuki (c) vs Hirooki Goto: I woke up at the very end of this one. Saw the 'shaving'.

Marty Scurll (c) vs Hiromu Takahashi vs Kushida vs Will Ospreay: Match of the show. Jim Cornette probably hated it.

Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Jay White: Underwhelmed by this Jay White fellow given they gave him the third last match of the night. But it sounds like Hiroshi Tanahashi is NJPW's John Cena which explains the match placement.

Kenny Omega (c) vs Chris Jericho: This board is full of people desperately dreaming of sucking Jericho's dick. It was an okay match but no disqualification was a pretty obvious shield for Jericho being so far past his prime. But the commentators yelled at the right spots so you people go "OH YES JERICHO YOU'RE STILL HITTING THE ******* HOMERUNS!!" :rolleyes:

Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Tetsuya Naito: I was all wrestled out by this time and wouldn't recognise these guys if they walked down the street (no that isn't a race joke) so was playing around on my phone a bit. Match itself seemed fine. Screaming women in the crowd gave me the shits.

Pretty similar to my thoughts - I'd recommend going back to check the Suzuki/Goto match, at the start I debated skipping it but was glad I watched it. Brutal and great psychology/performances from the two.

Meltzer star ratings are out.

New Japan Rumble 1.5

Roppongi 3k vs. Young Bucks 4

Gauntlet Trios Match

• Suzuki-gun vs. War Machine/Elgin 2.5
  • Suzuki-gun vs. CHAOS .75
  • CHAOS vs. Taguchi Japan 1.5
  • CHAOS vs. Bullet Club 2.75
Kota Ibushi vs. Cody 4.25

KES vs. EVIL/SANADA 4

Minoru Suzuki vs. Hirooki Goto 4.5

Marty Scurll vs. KUSHIDA vs. Will Ospreay vs. Hiromu Takahashi 4.75