WRFL Div 2 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Braybrook by 12 goals. Laverton real ordinary. Don’t know many of Braybrooks players to know if they improved significantly. Thought with some of lavertons recruits they would be more competitive.
Thought it would be a lot closer with Lavos new recruits

Tarneit is a massive area and still growing to the West and North. It's not necessarily full of people who love and play AFL football, but both clubs are getting closer to a full compliment of juniors with Tarneit attempting to field an U18s team this year.

Both of these clubs will be OK, long term.

SS, two of the local clubs you mention were expelled from the FDFL due to on field behaviour, numbers were not a factor. Why would any other club want to merge with either of them?

Not sure it's "western suburbs mentality" to avoid mergers. YSE is a good example of open thinking to merging and its been a success. Seddon were on their knees at the time and their name has been preserved.

Yarrraville VFA were a basket case when they were expelled from the VFA, whilst Sunshine were a victim of the VFA's rationalisation to 1 division. Sunshine played in a VFA GF after Yarraville's expulsion and lasted 9 more seasons. Was involved at the VFA at the time and the VFA didn't want a merged club. Yarraville actually applied to join the FDFL after leaving the VFA, but failed. Nowhere to go.

From a club's point of view, to me, a merger is a last resort. If you're fielding 2 sides, behaving on field and paying your bills, you keep going, things can change. If you can't do that anymore, by all means, ring the club up the road.
Didn't know about all that. Thanks Doggie.

Massive win by braybrook on Friday!! To be honest the result shocked me.
Klix and Bloomfield were unfit, and looked out of touch.. thought the score line would have been closer. Braybrook have improved a bit too. Would have been a good day for the
Club financially as there were good numbers watching

Massive win by braybrook on Friday!! To be honest the result shocked me.
Klix and Bloomfield were unfit, and looked out of touch.. thought the score line would have been closer. Braybrook have improved a bit too. Would have been a good day for the
Club financially as there were good numbers watching
Those boys probably not training much. Klix didn’t play last season and rumour was he was finished playing due to injuries and stuff. Even though the standard would be low you still need to train and get touch.

Over a dozen new recruits for Lavo, it will take some time but they will win a few games this season once they Gell and get fitter.

I hope you're right but their recruits were mostly announced pre-Christmas, so why aren't they fit for Round 1? Had plenty of time, maybe not the motivation or inclination?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game today between Sunshine v Albion played at Sunshine. Close hard fought game all day. Both sides gave it their all and the scores were close all day. Albion did enough to keep the lead in the last quarter and ran out winners by 9 points. I took my camcorder with me and videoed the last half of the game. Will upload to YouTube in a few days and post the link on this forum. Gotta luv suburban footy.

Great mark taken by Albion's No 7 in the 3rd quarter - see attached video.

View attachment 61_1.MP4

Attachments

• 61_1.MP4
    7.7 MB
Last edited:
Have WRFL released a thirds fixture yet?

Surprised how many teams in this grade - 12 in all - of which 10 are WFNL clubs.

Interesting one is Eynesbury, WFNL should go after this newish club, with the new direct road there from Ballan Road nearly ready to open, access to Eynesbury will be much easier to Wyndham.

Good game yesterday at Kinder Smith. Very physical game and there will be a lot of sore bodies today.

Really surprised with Albion’s fitness. The way they were playing, I didn’t think they would have been able to keep up the intensity for 4 quarters. They did, kudos to their coaching staff.

Look like they have some good depth too.

Injuries aside, I don’t think any sides will get near these two this year.

Disappointing R1 draw from the WFNL for D2 with 6 of the 7 games having a D2 team from 2023 playing a D3 team.

Anyway, trying to be positive as I'm looking forward to watching some local footy, the off season seems to have gone forever.

Nth Foots by 55 over Heights
Sunny by a horrible margin over Nth Sunny
Brookers by 85 over Tarneit
Newport by 90 over the Rams (welcome)
Albion by 80 over Albanvale
Suns by 65 over Lavo
Wvale by 70 over West.

Hoping R2 is a bit closer, might venture out to Rockbank to see where the Rams sit.

Disappointing R1 draw from the WFNL for D2 with 6 of the 7 games having a D2 team from 2023 playing a D3 team.

Anyway, trying to be positive as I'm looking forward to watching some local footy, the off season seems to have gone forever.

Nth Foots by 55 over Heights
Sunny by a horrible margin over Nth Sunny
Brookers by 85 over Tarneit
Newport by 90 over the Rams (welcome)
Albion by 80 over Albanvale
Suns by 65 over Lavo
Wvale by 70 over West.

Hoping R2 is a bit closer, might venture out to Rockbank to see where the Rams sit.

Nth Foots by 25 over Heights
Sunny by 450 over Nth Sunny
Brookers DEF BY Tarneit 7 points
Newport by 47 over the Rams
Albion by 97 over Albanvale
Suns by 30 over Lavo
Wvale by 23 over West.

Sunshine V Albion RESERVES game - My LAST QUARTER game-day scenes from Saturday's (6 April 2024) game played at Kindersmith Reserve.

Nth Foots by 25 over Heights
Sunny by 450 over Nth Sunny
Brookers DEF BY Tarneit 7 points
Newport by 47 over the Rams
Albion by 97 over Albanvale
Suns by 30 over Lavo
Wvale by 23 over West.
Usually id laugh about the 450 points prediction but its actually a distinct possibly. Poor North Sunshine!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back