WRFL Div. 2 Season 2008 and Beyond Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why it happens but over the years the Coburg Reserves seem to have been able to proiduce a better result than their seniors almost every year.

I think you will find that is more a reflection on the standard of the Reserves competition - at best it is bad.

Look at ladder Coburg finishes 3rd only losses to Nth Footscray & Parkside and from memory didn't get closer than 7 goals to either side - but was able to account for the rest.

Top 2 in Reserves will fight it out for flag - rest making up the numbers

Rule states not eligible if played in a higher grade for half season plus 1.

Season was now 16 weeks, half plus 1 = 9 games , though if umpires strike didn't occur then rule would be over 17 games = 8.5 plus 1 =9.5 rounded up =10 games

So guys who have played 9 Senior games now are not eligible.

Good post looks almost identical to one i did about 3 days ago.

I agree with Red Devil if your good enough to play seniors then you should be there. If it gets to the last couple of games and the seniors might not make it and reserves will then perhaps consideration should be given to those on the fringe. Half way through the season on the other hand is ridiculous.

Also if the club in question is Coburg, you would think after about 15 years of seniors doing nothing and reserves making the finals that dropping players back left right and centre upsets the team and changes the dynamics of the list that actually got the side to the finals. Hence the lack of sucess.

I think you will find that is more a reflection on the standard of the Reserves competition - at best it is bad.

Look at ladder Coburg finishes 3rd only losses to Nth Footscray & Parkside and from memory didn't get closer than 7 goals to either side - but was able to account for the rest.

Think your forgetting albanvale pal they are always there abouts, coburg may also go alright aspecialy if they have loaded up there 2s

Think you are only looking from your own clubs perspective. Deer Park reserves struggled all year and parkside and albanvale flogged them both times. North Footscray only won by 4 goals on each occaison they played and coburgs twos werent that impressive either time they played either.

For me Parkside and Albanvales ressies were by far standouts - but thats my point - we make assumptions only on games we have seen and not results of other games. For me parkside were best but albavales 2;s are a big show - especially if seniors get knocked out early which is highly possible on past years ;)

Good luck to all teams today. Spewin to not be out there.

Huuuuggeeee day for Deer Park, Laverton and Yarraville. Best of luck to all three.

For those that are playing the last game for the season all the best and hopefully 2010 sees you back stronger than this year. Has been a relatively even season and aside from Parkside showing their obvious class the league has been pretty steady with most teams showing good development - good signs for the next season. :thumbsu:

Laverton had their season ended at the hands of Deer Park. Nice reality check for the Lavo boys, no your not as good as you thought you were.

Pretty undisciplined team, fought back well in the second quarter but had their ass handed to them in the third and fourth.

Was anyone else there? Did Kenedy get reported for the low act he did near the end of the game? Was the only effective thing he did all day actually.

Laverton had their season ended at the hands of Deer Park. Nice reality check for the Lavo boys, no your not as good as you thought you were.

Pretty undisciplined team, fought back well in the second quarter but had their ass handed to them in the third and fourth.

Was anyone else there? Did Kenedy get reported for the low act he did near the end of the game? Was the only effective thing he did all day actually.

Settle down there West Rookie, I'm not sure if you can read ladders that well but you might see that Laverton's season is not in fact over after the falcons got over the line against Yarraville, and Lavo stay alive to fight another week. Rematch next week should be interesting, i'm sure both sides will be up for it. Don't get to carried away with today performance, noone is saying it was a good effort by Lavo, but missing 2 of their top 5 players in Zurek and Mcnally both of who should be back for next week as well as a few others from their best 22. Lavo did lose a bit of dicipline towards the end of the game, and while no excuse, i'd say it was the frustration of the boys coming out as they thought they'd blown their chance to make history for the footy club, but next week will be a different story.

Can't say i saw Kenna's "low act", but word is he was reported, but will face the tribunal on Tuesday, I'm pretty sure he is confident he won't be suspended and will be right to take on Deer Park next Saturday.

I think someone is getting ahead of themselves here????????

well you obviously think we are pretty good ya pigeon, quoting your qoute
Cain_M I know alot of people have made big calls on this forum (yourself being one of them at times). So here is another one for ya...

Braybrook will definately NOT beat Laverton this week.

maybe you can enlighten how good we are?????

well you obviously think we are pretty good ya pigeon, quoting your qoute
Cain_M I know alot of people have made big calls on this forum (yourself being one of them at times). So here is another one for ya...

Braybrook will definately NOT beat Laverton this week.
maybe you can enlighten how good we are?????

You dug deep to get that one out champ, classic case of quote taken out of context. Cain_M was talking about some sort of scenario if Braybrook were to beat Laverton that week this and that would happen blah blah, but they werent playing each other that week, it was said tongue in cheek, keep on the ball young fella.

As for Lavo falling over the line and getting into the finals, that must give them a warm fuzzy feeling inside. You are quite right, they are alive to fight another day, i must have misscalculated with the old slide ruler, dont i look silly tee hee.

At the end of the day its the best scenario to see Yaraville booted out of the finals by Wyndham Vale, good for a young upcoming side and good for Cain_m's ego.

Settle down there West Rookie, I'm not sure if you can read ladders that well but you might see that Laverton's season is not in fact over after the falcons got over the line against Yarraville, and Lavo stay alive to fight another week. Rematch next week should be interesting, i'm sure both sides will be up for it. Don't get to carried away with today performance, noone is saying it was a good effort by Lavo, but missing 2 of their top 5 players in Zurek and Mcnally both of who should be back for next week as well as a few others from their best 22. Lavo did lose a bit of dicipline towards the end of the game, and while no excuse, i'd say it was the frustration of the boys coming out as they thought they'd blown their chance to make history for the footy club, but next week will be a different story.

Can't say i saw Kenna's "low act", but word is he was reported, but will face the tribunal on Tuesday, I'm pretty sure he is confident he won't be suspended and will be right to take on Deer Park next Saturday.

Fair cop saying it was because the season was on the line, what was the excuse about the fist cuffs where players and supporters got involved couple weeks ago? is this rumour blown out of proportion?

You dug deep to get that one out champ, classic case of quote taken out of context. Cain_M was talking about some sort of scenario if Braybrook were to beat Laverton that week this and that would happen blah blah, but they werent playing each other that week, it was said tongue in cheek, keep on the ball young fella.

As for Lavo falling over the line and getting into the finals, that must give them a warm fuzzy feeling inside. You are quite right, they are alive to fight another day, i must have misscalculated with the old slide ruler, dont i look silly tee hee.

At the end of the day its the best scenario to see Yaraville booted out of the finals by Wyndham Vale, good for a young upcoming side and good for Cain_m's ego.

no it wasnt taken out of context, you just made a hypocrit of yaself, and now you need to enlighten me on spectators coming to blows, this shud be an interesting reply

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laverton beat Albanvale by 5 goals

Alot of brawls went on with players,trainers and the rest all involved. Was all good after the game with everyone shaking hands.

Great win by Lavo. Midfield stepped up and won the game for us and Kennedy and Sammy Young were outstanding.

Yarraville thought they had it easy. Bring on next week, Lavo will cement there spot in the final 5.

see above ^

Fair cop saying it was because the season was on the line, what was the excuse about the fist cuffs where players and supporters got involved couple weeks ago? is this rumour blown out of proportion?

West Rookie, you really should do your homework clown. There has not been a blew this year that involved supporters, so again you are off the mark.

As for kennedy's low act, you can't be serious, he was charged with charging, isn't that what ruckmen do?? BTW he was up against Pamela Anderson in the ruck so I don't think it was all that hard.

back to school for you ********!

See ya next year Cain!

Are you serious about a reality check? Laverton have lost 12 players since round 15, go and review the team sheets to verify this, as it should be hard for an einstien like yourself.

The reality was that Deer Park played with 19 men on the ground against 17 for most of the game due to a man in white with a stupid hat!

Next week will be a different story, a few players to return and hopefully sime reasonable umpiring!

Once again, this was posted by a person who is not even associated with the club and has a lot of poetic licence when making comments that he thinks are on behalf of the club.

Ok so when i said "is this just a rumour blown out of proportion" the answer is yes?

Thats all you had to say, get yourself into school first buddy and read the whole lot. All i did was ask the question and i aknowledged that it may be heresay.

Are you serious about a reality check? Laverton have lost 12 players since round 15, go and review the team sheets to verify this, as it should be hard for an einstien like yourself.

The reality was that Deer Park played with 19 men on the ground against 17 for most of the game due to a man in white with a stupid hat!

Next week will be a different story, a few players to return and hopefully sime reasonable umpiring!

Yes umpring was shit. Next week will ONLY be a different storey if Lavo play with some disciplin. We all know these umpires are shit but you could see it all day, the more agrivated lavo got towards the umpire and the more they mouthed off the more free kicks they gave away.

West Rookie, that blue with albanvale was completely blown out of proportion. It was a good on ground blue between both sides, after it both sides got back to playing footy. As far as i know, there was nothing going on in the crowd, and both sides on the ground gave as good as they got. To suggest Laverton are thugs is way off, I would say they have cleaned themselves up a lot, and a bit of a lack of discipline today could have cost them their shot at finals.

No matter how bad the umpires are in a game, I wouldnt say you could blame them for a 12+ goals loss. Deer Park were just the better side on the day.
Lavo did have a lot of players out but you can only beat who the otherside puts out on the ground so well played by DP today, lets just wait and see who is back next week and hope for Lavo's sake it will be a different result.

Good win for the Falcons today, deserved because i don't think they were a 2 win side, fairly competative most of this season, and always good to see an underdog get up for a good win.

Yes umpring was shit. Next week will ONLY be a different storey if Lavo play with some disciplin. We all know these umpires are shit but you could see it all day, the more agrivated lavo got towards the umpire and the more they mouthed off the more free kicks they gave away.

Will give you that one West Rookie.

Discipline was average, doesn't help when the Sniper #6 for D/P running around slapping blokes off the ball.

Discipline will be the key for both teams again next week.

West Rookie, that blue with albanvale was completely blown out of proportion. It was a good on ground blue between both sides, after it both sides got back to playing footy. As far as i know, there was nothing going on in the crowd, and both sides on the ground gave as good as they got. To suggest Laverton are thugs is way off, I would say they have cleaned themselves up a lot, and a bit of a lack of discipline today could have cost them their shot at finals.

No matter how bad the umpires are in a game, I wouldnt say you could blame them for a 12+ goals loss. Deer Park were just the better side on the day.
Lavo did have a lot of players out but you can only beat who the otherside puts out on the ground so well played by DP today, lets just wait and see who is back next week and hope for Lavo's sake it will be a different result.

Good win for the Falcons today, deserved because i don't think they were a 2 win side, fairly competative most of this season, and always good to see an underdog get up for a good win.

Agree CKOAT, Deer Park were a better side and deserved to Win. Any chance the Water Boy will be back next week?

Not sure who the water boy was today mate, paid very little attention to be honest, wasn't the best of games.
I would say for next week Lavo would expect McNally, Zurek, Lawry back at the very least. Maybe a few more back, would certainly help. The good thing about today's game from a Laverton point of view was guys who have come up from the 2's recently among the best. Josh Lambert and Chris Chitsos, both got into Lavo's best, so probably the more established players in the side need to step up next week.
I'm certainly not writing us off even though todays result would make it look like we're out of our depth

:thumbsu::thumbsu:
Not sure who the water boy was today mate, paid very little attention to be honest, wasn't the best of games.
I would say for next week Lavo would expect McNally, Zurek, Lawry back at the very least. Maybe a few more back, would certainly help. The good thing about today's game from a Laverton point of view was guys who have come up from the 2's recently among the best. Josh Lambert and Chris Chitsos, both got into Lavo's best, so probably the more established players in the side need to step up next week.
I'm certainly not writing us off even though todays result would make it look like we're out of our depth

Agree CKOAT!

Will you be back? Dentist permission of course!:thumbsu:

The team will certainly be better with the likes of Fraczek, McNally, Lawry, Chan, Zurek, Hansen, Stephens & Cutajar in the team.

No excuses no regrets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back