Votes: 67 57.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part 2 of this thread.

PART 3 IS HERE --- >
Go there for your Pangolin-rich experience /\

“In review, the Strategic Culture Foundation is a Russian propaganda website that favors the authoritarian right. This source also frequently reports pro-Russian conspiracy theories“

That’s low, posting stuff from the Russian extreme right.

Well just as well we can trust our MSM to report the truth than

“In review, the Strategic Culture Foundation is a Russian propaganda website that favors the authoritarian right. This source also frequently reports pro-Russian conspiracy theories“

That’s low, posting stuff from the Russian extreme right.

Lesley and Yebbo posting fake news...oh damn! who would have thought.

Well just as well we can trust our MSM to report the truth than

By Jupiter! Now the Telegraph has succumbed to the forces of darkness. Just as well we now can shift our attention to the mass riots in the USA. I wish someone could explain what they are all about.

By Jupiter! Now the Telegraph has succumbed to the forces of darkness. Just as well we now can shift our attention to the mass riots in the USA. I wish someone could explain what they are all about.

Good journalism is about reporting both sides of the story, for example:

or

Now compare that to the links you post. Only how everyone is lying, everyone is a sheep, everything is a conspiracy and the earth is actually flat.

People like you are like Climate change deniers who fall for this nonsense patting yourself on the back claiming "i am so intelligent than the sheep". In reality people like you are dumb Canute who thinks they are intelligent. Very dangerous combination.

So is there anyone who is still fearful of Covid-19 or has everyone worked out the threat was/is completely exaggerated?

So is there anyone who is still fearful of Covid-19 or has everyone worked out the threat was/is completely exaggerated?

This is your second post in this thread (the other one was 4 days ago) and you are claiming some sort of victory?

This is your second post in this thread (the other one was 4 days ago) and you are claiming some sort of victory?

Not claiming any victory I was just as concerned at the initial threat as anyone, but now it is getting to a point where we have enough data to see we have all been fooled.

You shouldn't be angry at me, you should be angry at all of those who have deliberately lied to you.

This line of thinking gets a little “chicken & eggish.” No one will be able to definitively say what would’ve happened if the world did nothing or had done less/more. How overwhelmed health systems would’ve been is impossible to definitively say.

Not claiming any victory I was just as concerned at the initial threat as anyone, but now it is getting to a point where we have enough data to see we have all been fooled.

"Fooled" implies that we have been deliberately mislead. Where is your evidence to support this?

You shouldn't be angry at me, you should be angry at all of those who have deliberately lied to you.

Not angry, just puzzled by your late emergence.

105,000 dead in the USA.....I don't think they thought it was exaggerated

U.S.A.? Coincidence? I think not.

In fact, i'd wager if I was sitting with this poster right now they could not quote any figures regarding any other countries aside from Australia................and the U.S.A.

Go ask medical staff in worst hit areas

How have you been fooled? nearly 400 thousand are dead despite extreme social distancing being employed and the death toll keeps rising.

what were you fooled into believing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have proof it worked. Flu rates are down dramatically compared to every other season. They are even lower than what they were in february which isnt even flu season.

How have you been fooled? nearly 400 thousand are dead despite extreme social distancing being employed and the death toll keeps rising.

what were you fooled into believing?
When this was starting off it's global spread it looked like 20% of people who got this were dying in ICU. Then it was 20% of people were being admitted to ICU. Now it's a tiny fraction of infected are needing heavy medical intervention.

400,000 is a huge number. And over 50,000,000 people die every year, that's another number so big it can't be pictured.

Thankfully covid-19 has turned out to be less deadly that it looked, politically there has been significant economic damage done to people's lives so winding it back to normal too fast would be seen as an admission of being wrong, admitting they overreacted and taking responsibility for that - when really they were operating under the best information at the time, the population is looking for someone to blame over it though and if they can keep that attention focused elsewhere they will.

If we were as stringent as this with influenza we could save tens of thousands of lives. I look forward to hearing about every single person who tests positive to it next season.

Australia is very lucky though, we are at the point where our cases are so low the news can discuss each one. The curve is stomped. The procedure is in place to isolate anyone linked to a detected case and prevent outbreaks that threaten the community. I don't expect to see any days where a state is reporting exponential growth.

When this was starting off it's global spread it looked like 20% of people who got this were dying in ICU. Then it was 20% of people were being admitted to ICU. Now it's a tiny fraction of infected are needing heavy medical intervention.

400,000 is a huge number. And over 50,000,000 people die every year, that's another number so big it can't be pictured.

Thankfully covid-19 has turned out to be less deadly that it looked, politically there has been significant economic damage done to people's lives so winding it back to normal too fast would be seen as an admission of being wrong, admitting they overreacted and taking responsibility for that - when really they were operating under the best information at the time, the population is looking for someone to blame over it though and if they can keep that attention focused elsewhere they will.

If we were as stringent as this with influenza we could save tens of thousands of lives. I look forward to hearing about every single person who tests positive to it next season.

Australia is very lucky though, we are at the point where our cases are so low the news can discuss each one. The curve is stomped. The procedure is in place to isolate anyone linked to a detected case and prevent outbreaks that threaten the community. I don't expect to see any days where a state is reporting exponential growth.
This is incoherent. On the one hand you’re saying the curve is “stomped” but on the other hand we’ve overreacted. Stomping the curve was precisely the goal of the approach.

This line of thinking gets a little “chicken & eggish.” No one will be able to definitively say what would’ve happened if the world did nothing or had done less/more. How overwhelmed health systems would’ve been is impossible to definitively say.
I assume Brazil would've been replicated globally, with perhaps the exception of a few nations that had previous pandemic experience a robust health system and a VERY strong social code. So most of the western world would've been ****ed.

This is incoherent. On the one hand you’re saying the curve is “stomped” but on the other hand we’ve overreacted. Stomping the curve was precisely the goal of the approach.

Flattening the curve was the goal because we were dealing with a disease that would overwhelm our system. We have never come close to that, the local hospital here had an entire wing dedicated to the influx of patients that would come in before the social distancing measures were able to take an effect, but it didn't happen.

We are at the point where every case is reported on the news, each fatality could have days of coverage dedicated to them.

That's beyond flattening the curve. Flattening was so that we spread out everyone getting it so they can do their time in hospital when the equipment is available.

Now most of us won't get it, almost none of us have had it. That's not flattening the curve, that's closer to eradication.

The issue there is that the rest of the world isn't as fortunate as us to not have had so few vectors into the nation once the border was closed and the mandatory quarantine was implemented.

That was all that was required in hindsight.

Close the international border and require all incoming people to serve 14 days in isolation. All known existing cases in home isolation or hospital along with their contacts.

We would have had a six week period where work places weren't running well as the entire business effectively shut down because they are all working from home after Terry tested positive.

But again, the politicians were working with the best information they had at the time and it was looking very scary. So I think their action was correct and now we are in the political roll back phase where it's no longer an issue of public health but an issue of saving face and keeping people scared just enough to not seek out someone to blame.

Time for some good news.

ROME (Reuters) - The new coronavirus is losing its potency and has become much less lethal, a senior Italian doctor said on Sunday.

“In reality, the virus clinically no longer exists in Italy,” said Alberto Zangrillo, the head of the San Raffaele Hospital in Milan in the northern region of Lombardy, which has borne the brunt of Italy’s coronavirus contagion.

“The swabs that were performed over the last 10 days showed a viral load in quantitative terms that was absolutely infinitesimal compared to the ones carried out a month or two months ago,” he told RAI television.

That was all that was required in hindsight.

Rubbish. The Melbourne meat works and Adelaide airport clusters showed just how this could have spread without aggressive test and trace and social distancing policies.

Late March we were in the top 20 in the world for numbers of infections. Now we’re 63rd. And plummeting.

Our response has to be seen by any reasonable measure as a success. And I’d imagine would be regarded overseas as such. Far from wanting to “save face”, I’d imagine our government leaders will be milking it for all its worth come election time.

Rubbish. The Melbourne meat works and Adelaide airport clusters showed just how this could have spread without aggressive test and trace and social distancing policies.

Late March we were in the top 20 in the world for numbers of infections. Now we’re 63rd. And plummeting.

Our response has to be seen by any reasonable measure as a success. And I’d imagine would be regarded overseas as such. Far from wanting to “save face”, I’d imagine our government leaders will be milking it for all its worth come election time.

Is the goal to have as few cases as possible or to have the case load at a point that our health system can manage it?

Oh they will be milking it alright, keeping us safe from something we are already safe from is a winner but watch what happens when people start losing their homes and asking why.

Is the goal to have as few cases as possible or to have the case load at a point that our health system can manage it?

Oh they will be milking it alright, keeping us safe from something we are already safe from is a winner but watch what happens when people start losing their homes and asking why.
With a very little known about a novel virus at the time of course the goal was to have as few a cases as possible. Which is both responsible, and the easiest way to ensure a manageable case load.

With a very little known about a novel virus at the time of course the goal was to have as few a cases as possible. Which is both responsible, and the easiest way to ensure a manageable case load.
And I said that.

I feel like you've been expecting a kick in the balls from me the whole conversation so you've been watching my feet and not hearing me speak and then when it came time for you to talk you've defaulted to disagreeing with me because of all the tension.

They made it very clear that flattening the curve was about spacing out how we all get this disease so we don't have a run on ventilators like Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back