Votes: 67 57.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part 2 of this thread.

PART 3 IS HERE --- >
Go there for your Pangolin-rich experience /\

Possibly but if he was presympomatic there’s less chance (though still some) he’d pass it on. As I said we’ll know in the next week or so.

I’m not condoning the protests mind, but I think the chances of an outbreak from this are pretty slim.

Actually scratch that. A quick look at the research and thats far from certain. Hope that him getting himself tested shows at least some level of responsibility, and he tried to distance appropriately while there.

I know of someone that went to the rally in Melb. Up to him to make his decisions there...he is an adult and I am not going to get on my high horse about it. But I later see a social media post and someone suggested wearing a mask would have been sensible. The response...I am happy to die for this cause. In reality a fit young person would will not die...but the person he infects may not want to die. Unbelievably selfish attitude imo.

I understand that. He wouldn't have got it from the protest, but he would have had it at the protest meaning that those who he stood side by side with for hours are in danger of contracting it. I doubt they can be traced until they themselves test positive. And by that stage they have passed it onto others. Absolute minefield and irresponsible of all concerned.
Wonder how many of the protesters had the CovidSafe app

I know of someone that went to the rally in Melb. Up to him to make his decisions there...he is an adult and I am not going to get on my high horse about it. But I later see a social media post and someone suggested wearing a mask would have been sensible. The response...I am happy to die for this cause. In reality a fit young person would will not die...but the person he infects may not want to die. Unbelievably selfish attitude imo.
They would not really be happy to die if it came to that. But signalling your virtue on social media is very important to many.

I never thought they would handle a protest like this with social backlash from those staying at home who see those protesters as costing them another couple of weeks in lock down.

That's a tricky position for the protest organizers, public support is vital for anything to actually happen. So they need to surrender their platform/spotlight under the guise of public safety so the rest of the community don't see them as the reason everyone is locked down.

I think I'd be trying to get a press conference with the premier speaking to the media about how this issue will be addressed in four weeks time, setting the date for a summit on it - in exchange for standing down.

What if he went to work, school or the shops, and used bus and/or train to get there.

Not much difference really.
HUGE difference between fleeting exchanges with others who are socially distancing, and standing shoulder to shoulder packed in like a sardine with others for hours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t bother. A quick google of the nurses name shows an anti-vax loon.

Ironclad equation: Nutter+straight to YouTube= disregard.

Second wave in Victoria appears imminent. Other states would do well to close the borders with Victoria now before it's too late.

Second wave?
We never had a wave to start with anywhere in Australia.
Look around the world to see what a wave looks like.

Close borders to Victoria?
Only NSW and ACT don't already have their borders closed to Victoria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back