• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part 2 of this thread.

PART 3 IS HERE --- >
Go there for your Pangolin-rich experience /\

News.com.au Saying today's number is 190+, with 44% outside the lockdown zones

Apparently measures to increase the lockdown to potentially statewide are being discussed now, announcements this arvo
Thats guaranteed if they are smart. NSW will also need to be locked down now that the Vics have flooded over the border. This is a real mess.
Once again, thankyou to the protesters for spreading this out of control.

What would the projections of how the numbers would look if we were to go into an immediate statewide lockdown?

Is it feasible to ask businesses to basically shut down again?

May not be a lot of choice in it, we've basically been cut off from the rest of Australia which means until the numbers are under control (or they have their own outbreaks and everyone accepts it will happen) then we're going to have limitations.

How long will people accept not being able to leave the state in exchange for the current level of allowances?

thankyou to the ptotestors for spreading this out of control
Who did what now? You mean nationwide protests outdoors with people wearing masks are responsible for outbreaks ONLY in Victoria?

May not be a lot of choice in it, we've basically been cut off from the rest of Australia which means until the numbers are under control (or they have their own outbreaks and everyone accepts it will happen) then we're going to have limitations.

How long will people accept not being able to leave the state in exchange for the current level of allowances?
I suppose it gives me more time to focus on getting yolked at home before I go back into the post-Covid world.

What would the projections of how the numbers would look if we were to go into an immediate statewide lockdown?

Is it feasible to ask businesses to basically shut down again?
It won't be the numbers, it will be the locations

Even if we have huge numbers in the suburbs which are locked down as long as there is no leakage to new suburbs I can't see the state going into lockdown

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if we have huge numbers in the suburbs which are locked down as long as there is no leakage to new suburbs I can't see the state going into lockdown

44% is decent leakage IMO

We went up to the Sunshine Coast on Saturday and in the big highway servos people were basically lining up on each other's heels. My wife finally turned to the girl behind her, pointed to the line and said "I think we're supposed to keep our distance aren't we?" To her credit, the girl apologised and stepped back to the marked spot behind her, but everyone else carried on breathing down each other's necks.

Probably nobody in the whole place had it, but the idea of distancing is to reduce the chances of spread. And it's not that hard to stand on a mark on the ground.

I think we have to be a little more assertive like that to adhere to the new etiquettes. In March I was in the local bakers and the girl wanted me to give her my card to take the machine. I said no, bring it over so I could touch it without any hand to hand contact and she did. Everyone seems to have got used to that one now.

Have to say though that where I live people have been observing distancing perfectly and even a little OTT.

Interesting to see how many are in Wyndham LG area

apparently its been hit hard (not confirmed)

also the Oz saying we are looking at a 4 week state wide lockdown

There has already been mass leakage out of those suburbs. The son of someone i work with moved suburbs to avoid the lockdown. A shop owner living near him also moved, so he could go to work each day. Must be many stories like this.

There has already been mass leakage out of those suburbs. The son of someone i work with moved suburbs to avoid the lockdown. A shop owner living near him also moved, so he could go to work each day. Must be many stories like this.
No there hasn't

To date it is pretty well restricted to those suburbs in lockdown with only a few cases being reported outside those suburbs (within the community infections statistics expected)

Having just this morning completed organizing everything for the old mans funeral this week if there is an immediate lockdown I might need a personal lockdown to avoid Dan Andrews having a 10 person funeral too!

No there hasn't

To date it is pretty well restricted to those suburbs in lockdown with only a few cases being reported outside those suburbs (within the community infectious statistics expected)
A week ago there were none in Monash, and very few in Whitehorse, Stonnington and Knox (I live somewhere in the middle.)...now there are 25 odd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back