Votes: 67 57.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part 2 of this thread.

PART 3 IS HERE --- >
Go there for your Pangolin-rich experience /\

Population is about 8/10 million more in England and Wales from the year 2000 to now.

not sure of flu vaccination rate in the yer 2000 but has been around 70% for over 65's since at least 2004
Excellent point
Hadn’t considered that - makes the hoax pandemic argument hard to dismiss logically

Ok - here is a longer time frame
Now England is the only place with any real mortality spike compared to recent years but even than compared to the late 1990s todays pandemic deaths are lower.

View attachment 865043
That's interesting, what happened in the late 90s?

If Kim Jong-Un dies, that would be one of the only non-coronavirus stories to get significant attention during the pandemic.

Personally I have no sympathy and I hope he carks it - he is an evil dictator who tortures opponents and keeps his people in extreme poverty.

Man the people in this country suck. I've stayed home and gone out to the supermarket twice in 3 weeks. If we open the beaches or boat ramps it will become packed. People seem unable to refrain from gratification for even the slightest time, they are animals. Reason supermarkets are always packed is because they're the only thing allowed, people aren't staying home they are unnecessarily going everyday just to "get fresh air" and buy takeaway.

With all these idiots congregating at the shops and hardly any new cases it's safe to say community transmission has almost died out.

That's interesting, what happened in the late 90s?
Found the linked article purporting the NHS was simply not keeping up with demand was poorly equiped and was overwhelmed for years with longer and longer waiting periods even for acute cases.

Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email licensing@ft.com to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found here.
https://www.ft.com/content/168e1278-2b24-11df-93d8-00144feabdc0

Nicholas Timmins MARCH 13 2010 Print this page When Ian Weir died in June 1999, his death had an impact that was felt way beyond the circle of his family and colleagues. An award-winning photographer on the Northern Echo newspaper in Darlington, Weir was just 38 years old and a father of two. He was diabetic, and had suffered a serious heart attack the previous November, after which he discovered he would have to undergo a triple heart bypass. He had already spent seven agonising months waiting, wondering whether he would live. The day after he collapsed at home and died, he had been due to have his first meeting with Simon Kendall, the cardiac surgeon who was to operate on him at the South Cleveland Hospital in Middlesbrough. Weir, who was known for his infectious, booming laugh, had been hoping to be given a date for the procedure. Such, however, was the state of Britain’s National Health Service at the time that even after seven months of waiting, his surgeon says that he “would have had to tell him that he would still have had to wait several months more for the operation, if not a year”. The hospital had a waiting list of more than 600 for cardiac surgery. Many were waiting more than 12 months. “We simply had to prioritise,” Kendall says. Although Weir was plainly unwell and at risk, both his symptoms and his test results were “not too bad”, he recalls. “There was nothing to identify him as someone who should be moved further up the waiting list.” Ian Weir was not alone. Kendall says that in 1999, the heart surgeons in Middlesbrough used to tell their patients, brutally but honestly, that they had a 5 per cent chance of dying while on the waiting list. Around that time one study estimated that 500 cardiac patients a year were dying like that in the UK. “Losing a patient in that way was always a blow,” Kendall says. But Weir’s death in particular struck home. “He was young. He was the same age as me.” Such deaths were merely the direst manifestation of what had long been the NHS’s chronic disease: waiting. Waiting for an outpatient appointment, waiting again for diagnostic tests, waiting yet again for the final surgery or treatment for conditions classified as non-urgent. In the month Weir died, 150,000 patients were waiting more than more six months just to get to their first outpatient appointment – for an assessment of whether they needed a replacement hip or knee, or cataract surgery, or treatment for a whole range of less painful or disabling conditions.

What’s she got to do with the ALP?
She did a MEGA dummy spit after the election, accusing the Australian voters of being idiots, and predicting the end of civilisation as we know it. (Little did she know, but it's coming from another direction...). Never misses an opportunity to take a swipe at the government whenever possible.

So presumably she wanted the ALP to win, in spite of now saying she's a Greens voter. Perhaps if she'd voted ALP...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's an absurd notion.

It's like stating that kids don't express ACE-2.
Looking for reasons why the Federal government is pushing schools to go back to normal and why the States differ in their response to this push:

I found these from The Lancet: Child & Adolescent Health.

There (understandably) isn’t enough information about how school closures have helped reduce the transmission of the Coronavirus disease. The authors heavily rely on a modelling study that school closures will only reduce the spread of the disease by 2-4%, lower than other methods such as social distancing.

The literature reviewed the difference in flu transmission over holidays or school closures and compared that to normal. Basically, the medical notion is that school closures don’t stop spread of virulent diseases because kids just associate with each other elsewhere. I don’t think that happened in Australia with the ready usage of internet in this pandemic. The publicity about the deaths in Europe and America stopped that.

They are also very concerned about the effect of school closures on the long term effect on children, particularly in third world countries. For example, if schools are closed, kids may never return to education afterwards. I don’t think those concerns are as valid in Australia, except in the lowest socioeconomic areas.

The authors’ other main concern appears to be the loss of childcare for essential workers. They suggest the type of schools open for essential workers strategy that Australian schools were undertaking, anyway.

From these articles, the evidence is not clear that kids are less likely to transmit the disease, let alone not transmit at all.

“More research is urgently needed on the effectiveness of school closures and other school social distancing practices to inform policies related to COVID-19. We also need more detailed knowledge about how COVID-19 affects children and young people, as the role of school measures in reducing COVID-19 transmission depends on the susceptibility of children to infection and their infectiousness once infected.”

I couldn’t find any reference in this research to the health of educators, rather to the whole of society or to the kids themselves. If there is a high rate of staff absenteeism (older, susceptible and sick teachers) then that really reduces the effectiveness of education that kids will receive in schools anyway.

Man the people in this country suck. I've stayed home and gone out to the supermarket twice in 3 weeks. If we open the beaches or boat ramps it will become packed. People seem unable to refrain from gratification for even the slightest time, they are animals. Reason supermarkets are always packed is because they're the only thing allowed, people aren't staying home they are unnecessarily going everyday just to "get fresh air" and buy takeaway.

With all these idiots congregating at the shops and hardly any new cases it's safe to say community transmission has almost died out.

Don't complain about them, get away from them.

A very small, unpublished study based on 18 cases. I hope there’s more than this to base their approach on.

A very small, unpublished study based on 18 cases. I hope there’s more than this to base their approach on.
Don’t understand the hysterics about kids going back 1 day a week. The virus is practically endemic in the world, we have to know how run things while managing outbreaks of this disease.

Sorry to interrupt the party political broadcasting of the extreme right, but what is the published (and unpublished) evidence that says that children do not transmit the CoVid-19 virus?
The Medical Officers must be basing their advice on multiple studies, surely?
Excellent question.

“Gender role beliefs” sounds cultural to me.

Well, there's definitely a cultural aspect to it all.

It's interesting to me that folks revert to evolutionary biological behaviors under duress. It's also a smart, albeit subconscious, strategy.

I'm not against the concept of flexible gender Chief, only where it crosses the lines with strong factual evidence, and it's use as skewed political leverage..

I enjoy going out every couple of days. Odd Kmart visit or supermarket

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Les Malone a few eggs short of a dozen

View attachment 865134

Les Malone and family has just come back from a swim down at the beautiful Mullaloo Beach in the Northern Suburbs of Perth( actually plenty of weed today close in ) , car park chockers, hundreds/thousands of Sandgropers out enjoying a beautiful day as they should, so i didn't actually make it to that protest in country Victoria but i agree this shutdown has killed small business and of course i note not one public servant or politician has taken a pay cut or lost a job.

cant understand closing the beaches absolutely idiotic IMO, but it suits Victoriastan

i would have thought a walk or swim or surf is best practice to build immunity against the covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back