Votes: 67 57.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part 2 of this thread.

PART 3 IS HERE --- >
Go there for your Pangolin-rich experience /\

Hmmmmm................air conditioning.................recycling expelled breath.

Hospitals? Aged care centres?

Is this the "cold climate" connection?

Dilute that air people.

1589069889739.png

Last edited:
YouTube takes censorship to ridiculous levels.

UVC lamp.

Is this anti-Trumpism at work?

Selective censorship is a good thing.
If people really want to read about this crap they can find it somewhere.
I mean they aren't fining people for looking at this s**t are they - Just making it harder for everyone, including children, viewing it.

Selective censorship is a good thing.
If people really want to read about this crap they can find it somewhere.
I mean they aren't fining people for looking at this s**t are they - Just making it harder for everyone, including children, viewing it.

It was a video about assisting people with a germicidal lamp.

YouTube takes censorship to ridiculous levels.

UVC lamp.

Is this anti-Trumpism at work?

Or just the piece-work employees of a massive organisation ripping through reports as fast as they can with varying accuracy?

Or just the piece-work employees of a massive organisation ripping through reports as fast as they can with varying accuracy?

Possibly, but he did go through the appeal process with them

False. Sweden's death rate is below Spain, Italy, France and the UK despite them not imposing severely restrictive policies.

Belgium included their aged care home deaths in their statistics. Many countries did not. More people live by themselves in Sweden than places like Italy, UK and Spain so social isolation happened a bit anyway. Point is, it’s hard to compare the results between different countries and relate it to the isolation policies.
Comparing Sweden to the rest of Scandinavia makes sense, as they have similar population densities and cultures.

Here is Sweden compared to the other Scandinavian countries, with number of cases:
1589073541927.png
Deaths in Sweden really shows stuff went wrong, and is still going wrong.
1589073972115.png

Actually it will hurt. it won’t stop the trade of live and wild animals for human consumption, but it will ensure a covert trade of wild animals for consumption devoid of scrutiny.
Should we make heroine legal? Surely you are not advocating for wet markets with wild animals. This is next level stupid.

It would be good if someone with chemistry knowledge/experience could explain the dangers of smashing bulbs that contain mercury vapour.

Yep. Good post.

The phosphor coatings could also be problematic so care should be taken by breaking the lamp exterior outside, wearing eye protection, safety gloves and a particulate mask, and breaking the globe inside some type of containment tray/container in order to isolate the broken pieces.

The phosphor coating is fairly well bound to the external borosilicate glass external casing, but some will be liberated by breakage.

The idea is to break this outer glass whilst not breaking the inner quartz arc tube assembly. The mercury is inside of this tube.

If you break both the outer glass assembly and inner tube, then seal the broken pieces tightly in the vessel tray utilised, and take it to your council/private local waste disposal agents. Otherwise, the outer glass can be disposed in your usual glass breakage litter.

1589076937675.png

You also need a matching ballast & a batten designed to hold the screw cap contact, and become well versed with the dangers of handling UVC light sources prior to useage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be a hundred percent frank, if going to the footy means sitting in a stadium 30% full, with inflated ticket/membership prices due to supply and demand, and sitting two or three seats away from others, I'd rather stay home. No atmosphere - boring.

To be a hundred percent frank, if going to the footy means sitting in a stadium 30% full, with inflated ticket/membership prices due to supply and demand, and sitting two or three seats away from others, I'd rather stay home. No atmosphere - boring.
ignore it, full houses will be the order of the day come 2021.

20 customers per restaurant in 8 days time, for sit down meals. Registers of patrons required.
More intrastate borders open (but not all), so Perth people will be able to head down south and vice versa.
Still have the social distancing limits.
Community sports to open in a month (hopefully).

We will have to wait for the rest of Australia to catch up before we open our state borders. I wouldn’t be surprised to see WAFL games with crowds by the end of the footy season.

20 customers per restaurant in 8 days time, for sit down meals. Registers of patrons required.
More intrastate borders open (but not all), so Perth people will be able to head down south and vice versa.
Still have the social distancing limits.
Community sports to open in a month (hopefully).

We will have to wait for the rest of Australia to catch up before we open our state borders. I wouldn’t be surprised to see WAFL games with crowds by the end of the footy season.
Any restauranteurs here? What are the chances of turning a profit with 20 customers?

No idea, just thinking back to Ramsay's kitchen nightmares. I'd imagine you'd have to clean the place before the next 20 come in as well?

Small restaurants and cafes probably do that kind of trade normally. The bigger venues might not be worth opening.
Cleaning might be just as a spray and wipe between customers. The details of customers have to be recorded in the unlikely event that contact tracing is needed.

Any restauranteurs here? What are the chances of turning a profit with 20 customers?
That’s at a time. Over an evening you may get 100 customers. Is that profitable?

A much bigger concern for restauranteurs is that new industry guidelines include having a dishwasher capable of 85c or greater.
Many don't have one, will need to get one when they haven't had any income for almost 2 months now.
A couple of restauranteurs that I have spoken to say, yeah nah, together with the 1 person per 4 square metres, dine in is a lot more trouble than it is worth, at this point.

It is not really a question of whether 20 customer is enough to turn a profits, its whether those 20 customers will help reduce the businesses operating losses. Many cafe and restaurants are providing takeaway service, so they are already paying to keep the kitchen running. If you can get 20, 30 or 40 dine-in customer the course of an evening, the real question is whether those additional customers will that cover your marginal cost of an additional 1 or 2 wait staff.

It still probably won't be enough to cover the rent, insurance, council rates, etc, but it might help narrow the gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back