Votes: 67 57.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part 2 of this thread.

PART 3 IS HERE --- >
Go there for your Pangolin-rich experience /\

Do we hold "news" outlets like the Guardian responsible for any outbreaks caused by these protests since they have been egging them on?

Note, this isn't a complaint about the matter of the protests, but the timing since we are still in a pandemic.

So the first positive test has come back for a protester who attended the Melbourne BLM gathering. Well done dickhead.
Calling him a dickhead is being generous.

Do we hold "news" outlets like the Guardian responsible for any outbreaks caused by these protests since they have been egging them on?

Note, this isn't a complaint about the matter of the protests, but the timing since we are still in a pandemic.
If News Corp were egging on people to protest a cause they favoured, the Guardian and the leftist media would pounce on it in a second.

I've seen big groups of Aussies do dumb things.

But 10,000+ people marching the streets of Melbourne still in a pandemic after preaching to #stayhome for 10 weeks for a cause that none of them are remotely familiar with is up there with the dumbest things I have ever seen.

The best part was my Instagram and Facebook feed full of photos of themselves with their signs. Who the * takes a photo of themselves at a protest to show the world they were there? Are they there for themselves or the cause? Honestly my generation is cooked I think.

So he would be one of the patient zeros instead that they can put the blame on.
Personally I don’t think anyone should be engaging in mass protests in the middle of a pandemic (there are other ways), but viruses take a while to incubate. If he developed symptoms within 24 hours of protesting he wouldn’t have got it from there. In fact, I doubt whether anyone who did contract something at a rally last weekend would be showing up yet.

We‘ll know in the next week of so if the protests have much impact. Personally, I doubt it.

I've seen big groups of Aussies do dumb things.

But 10,000+ people marching the streets of Melbourne still in a pandemic after preaching to #stayhome for 10 weeks for a cause that none of them are remotely familiar with is up there with the dumbest things I have ever seen.

The best part was my Instagram and Facebook feed full of photos of themselves with their signs. Who the fu** takes a photo of themselves at a protest to show the world they were there? Are they there for themselves or the cause? Honestly my generation is cooked I think.

Honestly the world is pretty screwy right now.

Well looks as if the organisers and the Vic government are going to have some pretty messy legal battles coming up. Well done everyone, great work.
I think the 2020 AFL season is now officially done.
Forget the season, WHEN DO WE GET OUR FREAKIN' JOBS

Hey I told you, you can't have your job back til you tell me your name

I've had it up to HERE WITH YOUR "RULES"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I don’t think anyone should be engaging in mass protests in the middle of a pandemic (there are other ways), but viruses take a while to incubate. If he developed symptoms within 24 hours of protesting he wouldn’t have got it from there. In fact, I doubt whether anyone who did contract something at a rally last weekend would be showing up yet.

We‘ll know in the next week of so if the protests have much impact. Personally, I doubt it.
I understand that. He wouldn't have got it from the protest, but he would have had it at the protest meaning that those who he stood side by side with for hours are in danger of contracting it. I doubt they can be traced until they themselves test positive. And by that stage they have passed it onto others. Absolute minefield and irresponsible of all concerned.

I understand that. He wouldn't have got it from the protest, but he would have had it at the protest meaning that those who he stood side by side with for hours are in danger of contracting it. I doubt they can be traced until they themselves test positive. And by that stage they have passed it onto others. Absolute minefield and irresponsible of all concerned.
Masks are effective but only when coupled with social distancing. Lets hope he wasn't one of those responsible protesters you see who remove their masks and start shouting into a dense mass of humanity.

Correct. May have been infectious on saturday, and passed it on to others.

As well as an 'I can't breathe' placard, he also took along an easily spread and potentially fatal virus.

Darwin award.

Correct. May have been infectious on saturday, and passed it on to others.

As well as an 'I can't breathe' placard, he also took along an easily spread and potentially fatal virus.

Darwin award.

What if he went to work, school or the shops, and used bus and/or train to get there.

Not much difference really.

Possibly but if he was presympomatic there’s less chance (though still some) he’d pass it on. As I said we’ll know in the next week or so.

I’m not condoning the protests mind, but I think the chances of an outbreak from this are pretty slim.

Possibly but if he was presympomatic there’s less chance (though still some) he’d pass it on. As I said we’ll know in the next week or so.

I’m not condoning the protests mind, but I think the chances of an outbreak from this are pretty slim.

That is simply not true, you have to social distance even with masks thats why the gathering sizes are being enforce by law.

That is simply not true, you have to social distance even with masks thats why the gathering sizes are being enforce by law.
I said less chance. Again I’m not excusing the behaviour, but looking at what it might mean moving forward.

This thread now reminds me of this hero:

Hirō "Hiroo" Onoda (小野田 寛郎, Onoda Hirō, 19 March 1922 – 16 January 2014) was an Imperial Japanese Armyintelligence officer who fought in World War II and was a Japanese holdout who did not surrender at the war's end in August 1945. After the war ended Onoda spent 29 years hiding out in the Philippines until his former commander traveled from Japan to formally relieve him from duty by order of Emperor Shōwa in 1974.[1][2] He held the rank of second lieutenant in the Imperial Japanese Army. He was the penultimate Japanese soldier to surrender, with Teruo Nakamura surrendering later in 1974.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back