WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on Brooks Vs Chambers at the MCW Fusion trial event in a few weeks?

I'm not sure I understand what the Fusion concept is. Is it an NXT? Is it a fan engagement program?

I think they're ultimately telling a story with Chambers having all these amazing matches but not winning any of them, so its an easy - albeit likely amazing - match to throw away.

I'm not sure I understand what the Fusion concept is. Is it an NXT? Is it a fan engagement program?

I think the goal of Fusion will be an NXT-style development show for the MCW Academy graduates to wrestle in front of a small crowd, but to encourage fans to attend MCW will do regular "special events" attached to it to get the crowd there--- thus why Adam Brooks will do this match, sometimes they will do Meet & Greets, others may have live podcast episodes, etc.

Considering it's at the MCW Academy it will be pretty low cost to run.

Riot city wrestling starting up soon in Adelaide as well. Had fairly successful wrestler come from there. Rhea ripley

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Purely watching for Cesaro vs Reigns alone, predictable that it will end with help from Jimmy but will they have the balls to do something unexpected and have Cesaro win the belt due to Rollins interferring costing Roman the belt which they then could do a triple threat and Reigns gets the belt back and leads to a 1 v 1 Summer Slam main event of Reigns vs Rollins? Or Jimmy could actually cost Roman the match then eventually ends up siding with Roman to help him win the belt back?

Current heel Roman is good but what would be even better is an angry Roman wanting his belt back.

4ckapsix3ly61.jpg

They'd be better off hiding the Teg Dainty name to trick people into thinking it's a real show

Purely watching for Cesaro vs Reigns alone, predictable that it will end with help from Jimmy but will they have the balls to do something unexpected and have Cesaro win the belt due to Rollins interferring costing Roman the belt which they then could do a triple threat and Reigns gets the belt back and leads to a 1 v 1 Summer Slam main event of Reigns vs Rollins? Or Jimmy could actually cost Roman the match then eventually ends up siding with Roman to help him win the belt back?

Current heel Roman is good but what would be even better is an angry Roman wanting his belt back.

No.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highly enjoyed Smackdown today.
Of course fast forwarded the obvious women’s tag title change (what were the chances they’d do all that focus on both Tamina and Natalia?!), and got no interest in Bianca Belair - nothing sexist or racist, I just don’t enjoy listening to her bang on and on.

But everything else around the family, Cesaro, even Shinsuke and Corbin was interesting due to something different at the end of the match was enjoyable to watch. Also the IC title stuff was chaotic in a fun sort of way, but that’s probably due to the fact I love Sami’s conspiracy schtick, and actually don’t mind the ridiculousness of Apollo and his general and the medal stuff haha

Glad they didn’t go with Uso#2 not making the clear save to end the show, leaving it somewhat ambiguous as to which way he’ll go at the PPV.

Last edited:
Highly enjoyed Smackdown today.
Of course fast forwarded the obvious women’s tag title change (what were the chances they’d do all that focus on both Tamina and Natalia?!), and got no interest in Bianca Belair - nothing sexist or racist, I just don’t enjoy listening to her bang on and on.

But everything else around the family, Cesaro, even Shinsuke and Corbin was interesting due to something different at the end of the match was enjoyable to watch. Also the IC title stuff was chaotic in a fun sort of way, but that’s probably due to the fact I love Sami’s conspiracy schtick, and actually don’t mind the ridiculousness of Apollo and his general and the medal stuff haha

Glad they didn’t go with Uso#2 not making the clear save to end the show, leaving it somewhat ambiguous as to which way he’ll go at the PPV.
didn't mind nat and tamina winning as the tag team div is s**t and jax/bazler are garbage
took the headphones off for 5 seconds when roman was on - just boring s**t
cesaro match another bore fest - he is utter s**t

Presumably one of the Usos is winning MITB next month?

They lack challengers for Reigns. Unless Rock or Lesnar can be got or Drew switched they don't have anything for Mania next year either so Rollins may have to take that spot. I'd be bringing Balor back up I think he'd be a really good baby face against Reigns for SummerSlam if this was the case.

Presumably one of the Usos is winning MITB next month?

Maybe they throw a curveball .. Rollins costs Roman the match somehow by taking out one of the Usos. Roman enters himself in the MITB match much like Brock.

Ricochet Sheamus was a great match for kick off hope to see more of that

Great main event match old school wrestling/storytelling without crazy spots. Enjoyed the ending to certainly sets up Cesaro v Seth vs Roman at Hell in a cell

My favourite match of the night was probably the 3 way wwe title (minus lashley getting hit by sparklers)

smackdown tag title match and universal title were solid.

The zombie lumberjack match with Miz and Priest was embarrassing. Also big botch by Bianca on the finish vs Bayley.

The lumberjack thing was embarrassing.

Lashley Strowman and Drew was a Hoss fight. They did it well.

Cesaro Reigns was an old school wrestling classic. Told a good story with Cesaro really selling an injury well and Reigns playing that really cocky heel.

The finish was interesting and really leaves this story to be a long one. Certainly seems like they are building Cesaro up to be that drop baby face by stacking the odds against him big time.

One of the problems with WWE now is wrestlers can hang around even if they never rose to tremendous heights of popularity. Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, real headline acts can last a long time. But The Miz? * you, nobody's needed 17 years of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back