WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the problems with WWE now is wrestlers can hang around even if they never rose to tremendous heights of popularity. Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, real headline acts can last a long time. But The Miz? fu** you, nobody's needed 17 years of him.
No one's needed 17 seconds of him.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

No one's needed 17 seconds of him.

Some talk about him like he's a Bret Hart figure. That's bullshit. Off the top of my head I can't think of any outstanding matches he had. And if you've seen one promo of him yelling in someone's face about his longevity and being underrated you've seen them all.

WWE's asinine "Our brand is the draw" philosophy really dishes up boredom.

Some talk about him like he's a Bret Hart figure. That's bullshit. Off the top of my head I can't think of any outstanding matches he had. And if you've seen one promo of him yelling in someone's face about his longevity and being underrated you've seen them all.
Bret hart lol. He's lucky he became champion when he did a few years earlier when hhh was champion no way is he drooping it to him. I still haven't watched anything with him in at least 10 yrs maybe longer. Mens equivalent of the Bella's.

Yes or no is this show worth watching?

Yes Ricochet Sheamus was a decent kick off

Skip both women’s matches, the tag was okay Ziggler and Rhoode work well together. Triple threat was a good hoss battle and Cesaro vs Reigns one of the matches of the year because it told a great story that didn’t need a gimmick, high spots , interference, probably reiterated that Reigns in ring work is underrated.

WWE's asinine "Our brand is the draw" philosophy really dishes up boredom.

who are these people? Reddit morons?

Miz has been a good hand in a weak IC title seen over the past 10 years and was a perfect transitional champion a few months ago because the very short reign couldn’t hurt him like it would have hurt others.

Not that excited to see him and Morrison in a fued at all, would rather they tag and that’s about it.

Watched the main event again and man it was an awesome old school wrestling match. No finishers kicked out of, no interference , no gimmicked spots and a heel winning clean. It’s something that is rarely done these days in big matches. Reigns targeted the arm early on and Cesaro sold it well, Cesaro attacked Reigns legs and the set ups for the submission moves and counters to them were very well done.

Cesaro is awesome in the ring we know that but Reigns went with him every step of the way and his in ring work, selling and psychology is underrated.

so I guess since they've switched Hell in a Cell to next month, that apparently would make MITB in July with a live audience?

Wonder if they will do Roman vs Jimmy at Hell in a Cell then with Cesaro v Rollins then maybe at MITB they do Reigns vs Cesaro vs Seth?

Usually a heel wins MITB wonder who they go with, I reckon Sami would be an awesome choice heel wise but perhaps Drew goes heel and wins?

Wonder if they will do Roman vs Jimmy at Hell in a Cell then with Cesaro v Rollins then maybe at MITB they do Reigns vs Cesaro vs Seth?

Usually a heel wins MITB wonder who they go with, I reckon Sami would be an awesome choice heel wise but perhaps Drew goes heel and wins?

It depends entirely on the crowd situation. If they have a crowd, they'll give at least one of the MITB briefcases to the biggest face they have in the company.

If I were to hazard a guess as to why they've moved MITB? COVID and crowds is the most likely answer... but I wonder if I could propose that it's been pushed back entirely to give Becky time to come back and win it?

Not that I've been watching heaps of WWE recently, but they don't really have a face hot enough currently on the roster, unless Bryan takes a couple of months off, wins it, then cashes in immediately on Reigns to get him back to SD. (The 2 problems I have with that are 1. I don't ever need or want to see Bryan in a ladder match, and 2. if he's not done with WWE, I like him being written off SD so he can go and have the dream matches in NXT. Honestly, I'm not sure there are 2 matches in the world I want to see more than Bryan vs WALTER and Bryan vs Dunne.)

If there's no crowd? Put everything you have on Miz. They'll just put it in the safest pair of hands they have I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It depends entirely on the crowd situation. If they have a crowd, they'll give at least one of the MITB briefcases to the biggest face they have in the company.

If I were to hazard a guess as to why they've moved MITB? COVID and crowds is the most likely answer... but I wonder if I could propose that it's been pushed back entirely to give Becky time to come back and win it?

Not that I've been watching heaps of WWE recently, but they don't really have a face hot enough currently on the roster, unless Bryan takes a couple of months off, wins it, then cashes in immediately on Reigns to get him back to SD. (The 2 problems I have with that are 1. I don't ever need or want to see Bryan in a ladder match, and 2. if he's not done with WWE, I like him being written off SD so he can go and have the dream matches in NXT. Honestly, I'm not sure there are 2 matches in the world I want to see more than Bryan vs WALTER and Bryan vs Dunne.)

If there's no crowd? Put everything you have on Miz. They'll just put it in the safest pair of hands they have I think.
Becky has been sharing workout pics she's looking good. If she does come back and win the mib hope she goes to smackdown dont want her taking it off of Ripley.

Becky has been sharing workout pics she's looking good. If she does come back and win the mib hope she goes to smackdown dont want her taking it off of Ripley.

Nah, Becky vs Rhea is the story you want to get to. You give her the briefcase, you do the thing where she announces she's challenging at WM (which you can get away with, cos I imagine she's going to be closer to a Lesnar schedule than a full time schedule), and you turn Rhea into a monster heel by then.

There's so much possibility storyline wise. You take Baszler and Jax off tv now. You get through to MITB where you're going to announce the final 2 competitors. You tease that it's Jax and Baszler. You have the first one be Jax...

And then the second one is actually Lynch, who murders Jax and leaves her bloodied. (I know they don't like blood, but people remember that accidental Jax spot that turned Lynch into "The Man" really fondly, so I'd make an exception just this once.)

Lynch then murders everyone in the ring (the other 5-6 competitors), and then when we get to MITB Jax is hurt so we take her out and replace her with Baszler after all :D

Nah, Becky vs Rhea is the story you want to get to. You give her the briefcase, you do the thing where she announces she's challenging at WM (which you can get away with, cos I imagine she's going to be closer to a Lesnar schedule than a full time schedule), and you turn Rhea into a monster heel by then.

There's so much possibility storyline wise. You take Baszler and Jax off tv now. You get through to MITB where you're going to announce the final 2 competitors. You tease that it's Jax and Baszler. You have the first one be Jax...

And then the second one is actually Lynch, who murders Jax and leaves her bloodied. (I know they don't like blood, but people remember that accidental Jax spot that turned Lynch into "The Man" really fondly, so I'd make an exception just this once.)

Lynch then murders everyone in the ring (the other 5-6 competitors), and then when we get to MITB Jax is hurt so we take her out and replace her with Baszler after all :D
If she holds to wm builds a storyline out of it yes I'd like that and I may actually buy a wm for a change but I don't want her coming back and taking it off of her straight away.

I guess Edge disappeared completely?
I swear he said 15 times that he’s not a part timer and that he’s back for good, full time like the rest of the boys and girls.
2 years in a row he’s shown up in top shape for mania, then disappeared very soon after.
Would be pretty easy to do nothing but get in shape for a 2 month period, with a PT and your own full sized home gym etc.
Disappointing he’s done exactly what he said he hates and didn’t want to do.

I swear he said 15 times that he’s not a part timer and that he’s back for good, full time like the rest of the boys and girls.
2 years in a row he’s shown up in top shape for mania, then disappeared very soon after.
Would be pretty easy to do nothing but get in shape for a 2 month period, with a PT and your own full sized home gym etc.

What happens when these fossils are too old for WrestleMania season. Probably get The Miz presented as a veteran legend of the business :(

His 3 year deal was reported as a part time thing like Brock for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back