WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOTR done half assed again I mean you have the last winner in Corbin not even involved.

Bracket 1
Zayn vs Rey
Cesaro vs Finn

Bracket 2
Jinder vs Kofi
Woods vs Ricochet

I mean we will get some nice matches , prior history shows they go with heels winning it so expect Zayn or Jinder to win.

Would be cool if they went Cesaro vs Woods in the final given their relationship with UUDD and Da Party.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They better not have Xavier Woods win King of the Ring, he'd be a terrible winner. The only reason people even want him to win is because he's pushed for the tournament to come back for years, but no doubt in my mind he'd be awful. We're going to get a lacklustre or terrible winner anyway with guys like Ricochet, Kingston, Balor and Woods in the tournament.

They are both horrible draws. Balor vs Cesaro should have been the Men’s final. somehow I can see it being King Jinder 🤮.
As for the women’s seeing Vince goes for looks, it’s more than likely Queen Carmella.Despite that Storm vs Baszler has the potential to be the better match.
Baszler shouldn't be losing to anyone left in this tournament.

I like the idea - highly doubt WWE have the writers or the patience to make it work though.

It probably underestimates how intricately the G1 is booked too - it has threads running through the whole thing and needs the right results at the right time.

I'd like it, I think if you created sort of an "Ironman Championship" for the winner and create something for your Cesaro's, Gable's, Gulak's, Lee's, Garza's, Nakamura's et al that has some prestige to it, then you "cash in" the championship at a fixed event in the future (not necessarily WM.)

But I don't think WWE would be bold enough to include a guy like Truth, which is actually really important - Yano has become an underrated importance to the G1 because his matches are generally short, they're generally different to everyone else's, and you in New Japan canon at least you can have Yano give one of your favourites a cheap loss without it really meaning anything.

Can you imagine how many non-finishes, distraction finishes, disqualifications and count outs you'd get in a WWE version? The booking just isn't sophisticated enough for a guy to carry more than one feud, so the "W1" would only become a frustrating tool where the guy you're feuding with before the W1 is the same guy who *s you throughout the W1 and you continue feuding with after the W1.

Last edited:
Pretty dissapointed in the KOTR wrestlers announced.

Hopefully Balor and Bazler win it but I doubt it, Woods winning and getting stupid skits for 12 months is likely...

Balor needs a huge push.

Wtf are the doing with Becky Lynch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back