Ye olde Western showdown - shootout of the ex-OK-C pals (The WCF Thread)

Who do you hate least?

• Dubs

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Red Rockets

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Stephen A Smith

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm beginning to think Kerr really struggles with changing things up when a team forces his players and the offence out of their usual rhythm. In the 2015 finals it took him several games to work out that Bogut was killing their offence and Iguodala needed more minutes. In 2016 the Cavs basically shut Curry out of the series and now in the conference finals a team with Curry, Klay, Durant and Green on the floor together is somehow struggling to score buckets. I'm aware that the Rockets are doing a good job defensively and forcing Durant into isolations that may end in him scoring but ultimately make the offence a lot less dangerous. But to me a team with that level of firepower and basketball IQ should not be struggling so hard to score. It's on the players as well, but Kerr needs to change things up a bit. They need god mode Steph to win this series more than they need Durant scoring 35.

I think Iggy is a big out for us. He helps in the offensive movement. Also we are short on wings which is important v a team you can't play a traditional center. McCraw being out hurts us as well being the main guy that would get minutes with Iggy out. Also, Iggy isn't prone to the stupid turnovers we can have.

I'm not blaming that for being 3-2 down. You can't blame it on the 5th best player for that. We should be able to adapt without him. But we haven't.

Last edited:
I think Iggy is a big out for us. He helps in the offensive movement. Also we are short on wings which is important v a team you can't play a traditional center. McCraw being out hurts us as well being the main guy that would get minutes with Iggy out. Also, Iggy isn't prone to the stupid turnovers we can have.

I'm not blaming that for being 3-2 down. You can't blame it on the 5th best player for that. We should be able to adapt without him. But we haven't.
Iguodala definitely hurts and is a guy that can make the extra pass, but he's not going to solve the isolation problems.

Also I remember in the off-season people asking why the Rockets would even bother getting CP3 and trying to take the Warriors. Well here's why. Anything can happen over the course of a season.

This idea that teams should just submit to the Warriors and let them win everything is a crock of s**t.

Houston probably handling it best to rule him out early. Warrior probably 80% for Game 6 with Paul out. If he plays, I don't think those odds change a lot.

Try and get him up for Game 7. No point risking him in a Game 6 with an ongoing injury issue.

In the meantime hope for one of those stupid 20-55 three point shooting nights in Game 6. Basically freerolling.

I'm beginning to think Kerr really struggles with changing things up when a team forces his players and the offence out of their usual rhythm. In the 2015 finals it took him several games to work out that Bogut was killing their offence and Iguodala needed more minutes. In 2016 the Cavs basically shut Curry out of the series and now in the conference finals a team with Curry, Klay, Durant and Green on the floor together is somehow struggling to score buckets. I'm aware that the Rockets are doing a good job defensively and forcing Durant into isolations that may end in him scoring but ultimately make the offence a lot less dangerous. But to me a team with that level of firepower and basketball IQ should not be struggling so hard to score. It's on the players as well, but Kerr needs to change things up a bit. They need god mode Steph to win this series more than they need Durant scoring 35.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

Also I remember in the off-season people asking why the Rockets would even bother getting CP3 and trying to take the Warriors. Well here's why. Anything can happen over the course of a season.

This idea that teams should just submit to the Warriors and let them win everything is a crock of s**t.

I didn’t see such things but only certain teams have the tools to compete in the West. After Warriors and Houston it was daylight to the next tier. Houston already had a stud in Harden and needed another all star but the organic growth from guys like Capela is also a huge factor in their success. No point signing one all star, that won’t cut it. It’s risk vs reward, as you want to have a great team whilst your stars are in their prime but you might have to risk taking on bad contracts. Ideally you have guys on smaller scale deals who make that leap and produce more than expected.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
That seems a bizarre time to tell such a story. You’d tell that at shootaround or in a 1 on 1 in Kerr’s office. Would like to see some heat applied to Kerr. He’s been out coached thus far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back