Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Nov 27, 2004
central vic
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
west ham
Couple of things in this thread, before I get started on the game against Essendon, I'd like to say Yze has been fantastic this year. Another great QB game (He owns Collingwood) and what I really liked was seeing him throw himself in for the ball on the wing and do a great smother on the same wing. He has really lifted since the first two rounds, and I still don't think he has really hit his straps this year. I forgive him completely for the 2nd half of last year and the first two rounds this year.
Ooze, you have been a star for this club.

71181390.jpg

Now onto the Bombers game. This as we all know being Dees supporters is a bit of a danger and is a must-win. If we play like we did on Monday we'll win comfortably, but a letdown is what the Melbourne of old would have done here. But I think this is a new Melbourne, and we will win this by 25-30, as Essendon will put up a fight but lack the class. If Fletcher is out I can't see them winning, but as we all know Sheedy will put something out of his hat. We need to get back on Essendon now for all those beltings they used to give us.

And for my last point, I think Monday was as we would all agree our best game for the year, and I think it was because we finally merged our new found hardness at the ball with our skills from last year that are beginning to come back. Along with our grit that we have developed, we are a different side altogether.

Agree with all of that, few years ago it would have been wierd to see Ooze throw himself into a smother and dive to the ball, very impressive, truly one of our best. For the Essendon AND Port games coming up, in all seriousness, we should account for them very easily. We need to send a message out to the comp that we're not just making up the numbers and we're not going to fall through in the latter part of the year as we have done in the past. Depth, depth, depth! The mid season break couldn't have come at a better time, just to catch our breaths and recharge. I've worked out we've got a fairly good run in the season from this point on, so I think we'll have a red hot crack this year.

But what's the reason for all of this? What's different about this year? I say it all the time...That man Pickett has done something to club, what it is, I have no idea, but he's just done something. Amazing work.

I agree our run home looks promising. Of the next four games i give us a good chance of at least three wins. With a continuation of our good form, some good inclusions and a bit of luck on the road why can't we have the next four.

I just encourage Dees supporters to turn up and PAY up. Melbourne have proved their worth to us, now it's our turn to really drive them to success on and off the field. I was pleased with the amount of Dees suppoters at Monday's clash, even though we were outnumbered, we were certainly heard. We shouldn't be content to dwell in the bottom half of the membership ladder, not any more. I don't even care if bandwagon supporters buy their first and last membership this year, the teams tougher this year, we should be too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back