Traded Zac Fisher [traded with #17 to North for #21 and #25]

Remove this Banner Ad

Its a salary dump.

Blues have a reason to move Fisher on.
Wouldn't have thought so.

Plowman's wouldn't have been on peanuts and will end up with 6-7 players off the books this offseason. Plus McGovern on reduced money and Jack Martin's contract was heavily front loaded.

Don't know North's draft hand, but I would expect an early second straight up to be a fair price.

He came in as an early second, has heaps of experience, clearly has talent, and plenty of time on his contract.

Will be interesting to see whatever the deal actually ends up being gets turned into.

We're not getting a an early second rounder for Fisher. At most it will be early 40's.

For what it's worth, Twomey and Beveridge on Gettable yesterday both thought North's F2 was right.

Hey I'd love that, just not confident we will get that sort of currency. Fisher has talent he just hasn't consistently shown it, it's been frustrating seeing these flashes and then nothing for the rest of a game. Whether that's down to game time, continuity, lack of confidence etc who knows??

North are right to have a look as he may thrive if given more chances but with their assistance package I highly doubt players the calibre of Fisher are what the AFL had in mind if they are encouraging North to trade them (though you said future 2nd).

I just don't think Carlton will kick up a fuss if North offer him a solid deal with more playing time.

Its a salary dump.

Blues have a reason to move Fisher on.

Nah. We are happy to keep him but equally know that he's not guaranteed a game every week so will leave it up to him.

Don't let the media narrative sway you. Cook has our salary cap in check.

Wouldn't have thought so.

Plowman's wouldn't have been on peanuts and will end up with 6-7 players off the books this offseason. Plus McGovern on reduced money and Jack Martin's contract was heavily front loaded.
Every side ends up with 6 or 7 players off the books most years.

You've still got to replace them. It's no secret Carltons cap is tight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here’s hoping he can fulfil his potential at North, always loved him at full flight and thought he could go on to become a point of difference.

Early first round, top 10 probably.

Kidding, we’ll be looking at a late 2nd or something of that value. Even pick 40ish. Why would North pay big in draft capital for someone who isn’t getting much game time?

Hope he goes well at North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back