Preview Round 1: Hawthorn vs Geelong - Easter Monday MCG (3.20pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunston last year got extra attention that 2013, Buddy wasn't around and Hale was in and out of the team/down on form. I think he responded pretty well and expect him to improve again this year. He has been one of our most successful forwards against Geelong recently and I expect him to have a decent game on Monday

Seeing what Punky did last to improve a weakness in his game from the year before makes me think of a young Mitchell, a guy who couldn't kick to save himself when he first started playing senior foot but worked on it until he is now one of the best going around on either side for hitting a target. I think if Punky keeps applying himself he could become a serious weapon in the middle as well as up forward this year, he's shown glimpses and I really hope he continues to improve like I think he can.

I want Rough to have a big game Monday against Geelong, he played a blinder against Port and we wouldn't have won that final without him, would love to see him play that kind of game against Geelong to start the year off.

Looking forward to Monday

And only 1 of them will be on an AFL list next season
I wouldn't be surprised to see him get another year on the rookie list if Tim O'Brien doesn't come on or needs a bit more time...but yeah I get your point.

Would rather keep TOB over Grimley. Similar players but Grimley is about 5 years older and hasn't developed much at all in his 7 years at the club. TOB I give a chance to still

I've read Whitecross is likely to return through the VFL, what's the general consensus of when he'll return for the Hawks?
Thanks.

He could be pushing for a spot in the senior side in round 3 or 4. He needs a good solid month in the VFL first though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anderson for the vest? Trying to sort out my supercoach, probably stick with Heeney as M8 rather than Jed in fear of the dreaded vest.

Question... Will Geelong supporters actually turn up Monday? Every time we play them our supporters outnumber them 4-1, it's almost silence when they kick a goal. Do they struggle to pay for fuel to head down the highway? Anyone care to offer a few $$?

Do we have any idea of what the team is gonna be like?

this would be my guess:

B: Gibson Lake Stratton
HB: Burgoyne Frawley Birchall(if he is fit, if not Suckling).
C: Smith Mitchell Hill
HF: Rioli Gunston Poupolo
F: Breust Roughead Hale
Foll: McEvoy Lewis Hodge
Int: Suckling(if Birchall doesn't play, Duryea goes here and Suckling replaces Birchall), Langford, Shiels
Sub: Anderson
Emg: Spangher(if he is fit)/Ceglar, O'Rourke, Duryea(He is here if Birchall plays but replaces Sucklings spot in the team if he doesn't play)

Unlucky: Whitecross(will need a bit over a month to get back into the swing of things), Spangher/Ceglar(which ever one isn't in the emg), Hartung.

Probz missed quite a few people

Last edited:
Anderson for the vest? Trying to sort out my supercoach, probably stick with Heeney as M8 rather than Jed in fear of the dreaded vest.
I hope Anderson doesn't get the vest but i did, struggled to fit him in the best 21. I initially had him in that 21 but it turned out i couldn't fit him in.

Question... Will Geelong supporters actually turn up Monday? Every time we play them our supporters outnumber them 4-1, it's almost silence when they kick a goal. Do they struggle to pay for fuel to head down the highway? Anyone care to offer a few $$?
It's our home game this year. Those who are coming from Geelong shouldn't have any excuses about getting home late given it's an afternoon game.

this would be my guess:

HF: Rioli Gunston
Int: Suckling(if Birchall doesn't play, Duryea goes here and Suckling replaces Birchall), Langford, Shiels
Emg: Spangher(if he is fit)/Ceglar, O'Rourke, Duryea(He is here if Birchall plays but replaces Sucklings spot in the team if he doesn't play)

Unlucky: Whitecross(will need a bit over a month to get back into the swing of things), Spangher/Ceglar(which ever one isn't in the emg), Hartung.

Maybe Anderson can go to that empty spot on the HF line? ;)

(you're missing Poppy)

this would be my guess:

HF: Rioli Gunston

I know we're good, but do you really think we can afford to have only two in the HF line?

Its a rolling lockout this round. SO you can edit your team up to the first bounce of each game (if that makes sense).

After more Cat.....fish tige19?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back