2014 Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 16.
Hurstbridge vs Epping. A must-win for the Bridges but the Blues still have a 10% chance to make the finals so expect them to win here.
Diamond Creek vs Panton Hill. The winner is safe, with a Bridges loss, and at the big ground the Demons should stamp out the Redbacks.
Lalor vs North Heidelberg. A good win last week by the Bloods but a much stiffer opposition in the Doggies this week.
Fitzroy Stars vs Mernda. The Demons would like to bounce back after last week but at the fortress the Stars to prevail.

Was wondering if anyone new the last time the bloods beat the boys from the Kennel? I have been trying to work it out, I have it at maybe 1998. The big rivalry the doggies have had a stranglehold on for 16 years, happy to be corrected. Been some tight ones at Sydney Cresent in that time, tomorrow maybe but very doubtful.

Was wondering if anyone new the last time the bloods beat the boys from the Kennel? I have been trying to work it out, I have it at maybe 1998. The big rivalry the doggies have had a stranglehold on for 16 years, happy to be corrected. Been some tight ones at Sydney Cresent in that time, tomorrow maybe but very doubtful.
I do remember the Bloods winning a game in at least the early 00's, at the kennel, where it was only the 1st or second win in a very long season.

I do remember the Bloods winning a game in at least the early 00's, at the kennel, where it was only the 1st or second win in a very long season.

Fair enough Stinga lets just say its been a long time between drinks for the bloods, good luck to all today.

Best season in Division 2 for quite some time in my opinion. The bottom 4 teams all have a chance to be relegated.

Epping or Diamond creek, who have the bigger issues going forward as a club?

Epping looking to be the first team to complete a double drop since the formation of 3 divisions?

I'm not going to lie it's been entertaining to write about a lot of games which has huge implications at every turn. Will be looking forward to the last couple of rounds where Hurstbridge play Diamond Creek, and then Diamo play Epping.

Could conceivably be % - and not a lot of it - seperating 5th from 8th on 20 points at the end of the season and that's CRAZY!!!

An interesting two rounds to finalise the season. Panton Hill could be in the hot seat having to play Fitzroy Stars and Mernda. I am sure Doc will be looking to win one of these games. Possibly a win next week, not sure how the Stars will adapt to the smaller ground. Could be tight in the clinches.

An interesting two rounds to finalise the season. Panton Hill could be in the hot seat having to play Fitzroy Stars and Mernda. I am sure Doc will be looking to win one of these games. Possibly a win next week, not sure how the Stars will adapt to the smaller ground. Could be tight in the clinches.
Plenty of possibilities to play out, but if what I'm hearing is correct then Diamo could find themselves in unfamiliar territory in 2015. A red card from last week and a 3rd yellow for 1 of their better players plus players carrying injuries could see them struggling to do what's necessary to avoid relegation. I don't think morale is quite at the required levels either with last weeks change room after the game seeing more people queuing to give the team a bake than lining up at the bar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Predictions:

Flag: Stars - (any truth to rumour they have a deal with league and wont move up to 1st division? not fair if true and not sure what whittlesea will think of it)
Div 3: Panton Hill - have bottom 4 same points but separated by 2.4%, crazy - going to be a very interest last round with people checking updates every qtr.
B&F: Scarce

stars v bulldogs grand final but will reserve judgement until the last round is completed.
D3 - Diamond creek, did think the panton hill will go down but not anymore
B&F - Dow

The penultimate round and the bottom half of the ladder is still to sort themselves out. And think it'll be the Bridges that eventually make the drop back down on percentage from the Redbacks (match scores over the final rounds will certainly be crucial).
Round 17.
Hurstbridge vs Diamond Creek. Don't think the Bridges can get up for consecutive games and the Demons will have too much resolve in this one.
Panton HIll vs Fitzroy Stars. Really can't see the Redbacks troubling the Stars unless the latter are looking ahead to upcoming games.
Epping vs Lalor. The Blues will be desperate and go hard, but the Bloods seem to have had the advantage over them in recent meetings.
North Heidelberg vs Mernda. The Alpha Doggies here should be able to overcome any Demons.

The penultimate round and the bottom half of the ladder is still to sort themselves out. And think it'll be the Bridges that eventually make the drop back down on percentage from the Redbacks (match scores over the final rounds will certainly be crucial).
Round 17.
Hurstbridge vs Diamond Creek. Don't think the Bridges can get up for consecutive games and the Demons will have too much resolve in this one.
Panton HIll vs Fitzroy Stars. Really can't see the Redbacks troubling the Stars unless the latter are looking ahead to upcoming games.
Epping vs Lalor. The Blues will be desperate and go hard, but the Bloods seem to have had the advantage over them in recent meetings.
North Heidelberg vs Mernda. The Alpha Doggies here should be able to overcome any Demons.
And what have dimmo got to resolve

was at the hursty v diamo game on Saturday. Hurstbridge were very good early but diamo fought back well and seemed to have the momentum going into the last qtr. diamo kicked the first 2 goals of the last qtr and got out to a 3 goal lead before hurstbridge kicked the last 9 goals i think it was. pretty impressive fightback. Diamo now looking very likely to be relegated.

Have done the maths though and if diamo can beat epping by over 40 points then they go ahead of epping. Its basically a 90-100 point differential between them relegated or any of Hurstbridge, epping and panton hill (depending on other results)

So as long as Panton hill and Hurstbridge either win or dont lose by too much it will be out of epping and diamo to go down (diamo most likely)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back