NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Played in a few of those games , great atmosphere.
The U19s play Saturday mornings infront of a handful of people. Help is hard to get at the best of times & the low number umpire issues ( supplying goal & boundary umpires) is making it even tougher.
Friday nights at multiple venues , home* allocated side run the bbq (supplied by league) would be ideal..
2 games on the night (a club like Mernda could do 4 games) 20mins flat qtrs .
Game.1. 6pm
Game.2 745pm
Or
1 game at venues kick off 630pm & a Rotation system , where clubs will be Friday at least 1 out of 3 games
Bigger crowds , kids are free to have their weekends. Easier for umpires & club helpers..
From memory these clubs have 100 lux lighting:

Kilmore
Epping
Heidelberg West
Northcote Park
Mernda x2
Watsonia
Panton Hill

I may have missed a couple

From memory these clubs have 100 lux lighting:

Kilmore
Epping
Heidelberg West
Northcote Park
Mernda x2
Watsonia
Panton Hill

I may have missed a couple
Eltham, Heidelberg, Montmorency, lower plenty, Macleod, Banyule etc

Nearly every club now has night game standard lights. Venues wouldn’t be an issue. Could easily hold it at Latrobe

Nearly every club now has night game standard lights. Venues wouldn’t be an issue. Could easily hold it at Latrobe
Well there we go, at least give it a go to see how it works. 19s don’t always play at the same ground as the senior sides so it will alleviate the problem of finding a complete new set of trainers too

Yep another good point. Certainly some serious pros for this.
As I mentioned earlier umpire’s could do Friday night games & then do Saturday games. Solves the umpire shortage as well as the Umpires getting some more coin for the weekend without having to double up on the same day which hurts the clubs senior game. Hopefully someone from the league sees this & thinks it’s worth trying at least 🤞

Played in a few of those games , great atmosphere.
The U19s play Saturday mornings infront of a handful of people. Help is hard to get at the best of times & the low number umpire issues ( supplying goal & boundary umpires) is making it even tougher.
Friday nights at multiple venues , home* allocated side run the bbq (supplied by league) would be ideal..
2 games on the night (a club like Mernda could do 4 games) 20mins flat qtrs .
Game.1. 6pm
Game.2 745pm
Or
1 game at venues kick off 630pm & a Rotation system , where clubs will be Friday at least 1 out of 3 games
Bigger crowds , kids are free to have their weekends. Easier for umpires & club helpers..
Surely the NFNL can look at this. Great idea and helps out the umpires.

Surely the NFNL can look at this. Great idea and helps out the umpires.
Fir night games have been happening between agreed clubs for a few years. The NFNL take the easy road of stating that once a fixture is out clubs have to liaise and organise with no guarantees. For mine a soft way ahead.

At the start of the year Clubs that want Fri night competition should indicate and ones that want Sat 19s indicate and then have two divisions. I can assure you in a year or two all clubs will be doing Friday nights. We have done many and they are excellent.

I know some clubs do not have proper lights but there is other options (Latrobe or RMIT) and that does not mean we cannot try it anyway.

What’s your thoughts on the future of the club? Obviously you put in a mountain of work to get them on their feet once again. Unfortunately it all came undone in the off season for whatever reason.
There isn't one registered junior in the Suburb... That's the bigger concern if i'm being brutally honest.

Lalor could be completely wiped of a football identity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did South’s big recruit go? Spoke to someone from south who reckons he might still be in the goal square at Mernda because he didn’t leave it on Saturday…
LOL struggled abit. Not the only big fella on the ground to struggle, but that's what happens when you don't show up during pre season.

3/4 for round 1 missing on Kilmore.

Biggest winner for the round: Going with Kilmore who again defeated the Turtles in a tight game coming from behind at 3 quarter time. A 5 goal to 2 last quarter seeing them leave the Turtledome with the 4 points.

Biggest loser: Tough one but Lalor would be very worried with how they went over the weekend. 205 point loss in the seniors and only having 16 players for reserves and then injury meaning they forfeited at half time. Not great signs for the mighty Bloods. Let’s hope this proud club continues to fight to get both teams on the park. Massive game this week for them against Reservoir who also would be looking to be better after 157 and 218 point losses in seniors and reserves last weekend.

Leading goal kicker

Jonah Taylor - West Heid - 7
Alex Hywood - West Heid - 5
Jacson Cecil - Laurimar - 5
Josh Campbell - Laurimar - 5
Nick Paton - West Heid - 5

Biggest winner for the round: Going with Kilmore who again defeated the Turtles in a tight game coming from behind at 3 quarter time. A 5 goal to 2 last quarter seeing them leave the Turtledome with the 4 points.

Biggest loser: Tough one but Lalor would be very worried with how they went over the weekend. 205 point loss in the seniors and only having 16 players for reserves and then injury meaning they forfeited at half time. Not great signs for the mighty Bloods. Let’s hope this proud club continues to fight to get both teams on the park. Massive game this week for them against Reservoir who also would be looking to be better after 157 and 218 point losses in seniors and reserves last weekend.

Leading goal kicker

Jonah Taylor - West Heid - 7
Alex Hywood - West Heid - 5
Jacson Cecil - Laurimar - 5
Josh Campbell - Laurimar - 5
Nick Paton - West Heid - 5
Spot on calls there.

that might not be so easy at the home team Latrobe uni has quite a few sides and they would have home rights on the ground before the NNFL

that might not be so easy at the home team Latrobe uni has quite a few sides and they would have home rights on the ground before the NNFL

That is a type of too hard basket comment is keeping the 19s where we are. What is the NFNL doing at Latrobe if they cannot start to have access to the facilities there. I know the Uni has some control but the government paid for most of it....

I am not saying its easy or everything is available but there is enough evidence it should be tried for at least one year and not dismissed as one ground may or may not be available.

Maybe Preston is available (hell they get enough from us in finals and give SFA back (unless we look into kickbacks going somewhere......) There are other grounds that clubs without proper lights could share.

Its not easy I know but I am sure if tried it would be successful.

That is a type of too hard basket comment is keeping the 19s where we are. What is the NFNL doing at Latrobe if they cannot start to have access to the facilities there. I know the Uni has some control but the government paid for most of it....

I am not saying its easy or everything is available but there is enough evidence it should be tried for at least one year and not dismissed as one ground may or may not be available.

Maybe Preston is available (hell they get enough from us in finals and give SFA back (unless we look into kickbacks going somewhere......) There are other grounds that clubs without proper lights could share.

Its not easy I know but I am sure if tried it would be successful.

Great post.. can’t say things need to change , then have an ‘It’s too hard attitude’..
Let clubs know ASAP that U19s footy will be predominantly Friday Night Footy , & sadly it may not be a home & away fixture , more a ground availability fixture..
I’m sure once up & running it will be a winner.
Honestly I believe it will get the young people back into footy & going fwd , be great for the future sustainability of all clubs..

The drums will be beating at Mernda if they get rolled by Eltham this week.
Cant wait to watch the replay of the South Morang game, I'm sure its got nothing to do with the VERY AVERAGE game style.

After a covid interrupted 2021, 3 wins against Reservoir and 1 against Lalor during that season Mernda are lucky that Reservoir and Lalor exists.
Season 2022
Practice Match 1 Away Fitzroy Stars L
Practice Match 2 Away Saints W
Practice Match 3 Home Epping L
Round 1 South Morang Home L

PREDICTIONS FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR.

Round 2 Eltham at Home L
Round 3 Power Away L
Round 4 Lalor Away W
Round 5 Reservoir Home W (flying two on the trot)
Round 6 Heidelberg West Away L back to reality.
Round 7 Kilmore Home L
Round 8 Eltham Home L
Round 9 Power Home L
Round 10 Lalor Home W
Round 11 South Morang L
Surely a change will come mid season.

Cant wait to watch the replay of the South Morang game, I'm sure its got nothing to do with the VERY AVERAGE game style.

After a covid interrupted 2021, 3 wins against Reservoir and 1 against Lalor during that season Mernda are lucky that Reservoir and Lalor exists.
Season 2022

Round 2 Eltham at Home L
Round 3 Power Away L
Round 4 Lalor Away W
Round 7 Kilmore Home L
Round 8 Eltham Home L
Round 9 Power Home L
Round 10 Lalor Home W
Round 11 South Morang L
No 16,17s this year. Will they be able to keep 19s around?

Season 2022

Round 2 Eltham at Home L
Round 3 Power Away L
Round 4 Lalor Away W
Round 7 Kilmore Home L
Round 8 Eltham Home L
Round 9 Power Home L
Round 10 Lalor Home W
Round 11 South Morang L
Lalor just put in a transfer to get a known goalkicker form vafa. Maybe Mernda may not be able to contain him and they might lose that too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back