WA By-election

Remove this Banner Ad

Labor pissed more money into defence than the libs did. Jesus, have we forgotten the recent renumeration tribunal fiasco when Lambe got stuck into Abbott for the freezing of soldiers pay, and the stripping of entitlements?

That said as an ex serviceman, soldiers hate Labor. Most of the enlisted blokes would vote for One Nation if given a chance.
Wow really?
Is that at the senior level or all?

Labor pissed more money into defence than the libs did. Jesus, have we forgotten the recent renumeration tribunal fiasco when Lambe got stuck into Abbott for the freezing of soldiers pay, and the stripping of entitlements?

That said as an ex serviceman, soldiers hate Labor. Most of the enlisted blokes would vote for One Nation if given a chance.
Really? Labor cut pretty much everything when trying to find a surplus. I was sure defence spend went <2% which is why the Libs pledged to put it back.

And I also know a few people who are into the army in Vic, and they aren't One Nationy. I asked someone in the general SRP thread and didn't get any takers on it, but my general takeaway from living in Perth was that people there were more likely to be One Nationy, so I don't know if that's where your service experience was? Even gun-lovers, who you'd normally assume were more pro-LNP, often don't conform to the stereotype. It reminds me of a bloke I met in Sydney who hated Labor because they privatised things and the Libs didn't. It seemed crazy to me, but someone had got in his ear, and he was convinced. I think that sort of stuff is more important than the vocation they choose.

Really? Labor cut pretty much everything when trying to find a surplus. I was sure defence spend went <2% which is why the Libs pledged to put it back.

And I also know a few people who are into the army in Vic, and they aren't One Nationy. I asked someone in the general SRP thread and didn't get any takers on it, but my general takeaway from living in Perth was that people there were more likely to be One Nationy, so I don't know if that's where your service experience was? Even gun-lovers, who you'd normally assume were more pro-LNP, often don't conform to the stereotype. It reminds me of a bloke I met in Sydney who hated Labor because they privatised things and the Libs didn't. It seemed crazy to me, but someone had got in his ear, and he was convinced. I think that sort of stuff is more important than the vocation they choose.

Yeah man. Soliders trend towards hating Muslims, loving guns, think flag burners should be shot, support capital punishment, and so forth. Its why I left years back. I still find myself deleting people I used to know every now and then fro FB when the inevitable reclaim australia rally s**t pokes up on my newsfeed.

Looking like we will get another hate filled warmonger in parliament in Hastie. We certainly dont have enough of them.

Keogh is far and away the better candidate but Canning obviously deserves a parachuted candidate that couldnt give a toss about the electorate.

Looking like we will get another hate filled warmonger in parliament in Hastie. We certainly dont have enough of them.

Keogh is far and away the better candidate but Canning obviously deserves a parachuted candidate that couldnt give a toss about the electorate.
But, but he is going to lock up the ice addicts. He has handed out the telephone number.

8.2 swing to labor. Swing against the three other parties. They're saying this may be misleading being a safe liberal seat. They say it could be a lot worse in more marginal or typically swinging seats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He does come across as a full-on conservative. Complaining about Labor visits to the frontline but happy to have visits from Liberals. Unable to explain why he kept claiming Labor didn't have his back on tour. Complaining about the media, "Canberra politics and tricky games" like he's Sarah Palin.

i.e. All the crap Murdoch and Abbott's conservatives encouraged.

He does come across as a full-on conservative. Complaining about Labor visits to the frontline but happy to have visits from Liberals. Unable to explain why he kept claiming Labor didn't have his back on tour. Complaining about the media, "Canberra politics and tricky games" like he's Sarah Palin.

i.e. All the crap Murdoch and Abbott's conservatives encouraged.
So, judging by your bitching, I can assume he won then!

Nil all draw in the greater scheme of things imo.
Pretty much. Fairly normal swing against a sub-normal government in a by-election. If anything, slightly in favour of Libs as they seem only to have lost a strong personal vote; and swing expectations were much higher in the lead-up.
Perhaps more telling will be if the difference between pre-polls and regular booths are is any way unusual, given the timing of the Lib spill.

So, judging by your bitching, I can assume he won then!
So you take a reference to Hastie bitching despite winning and think you can retort that by suggesting I'm bitching. Interesting logic.

And, no, we don't believe you didn't know Hastie had won. The many posts before mine talking about Hastie winning are a bit of a give-away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back