Essendon - Trades? Whats Possible?

Remove this Banner Ad

They drafted him as a "compensatory selection" (Whatever that means) in 95' then traded him.

You're half right. Essendon were able to select Lloyd as compensation for losing an uncontracted player. He was underage and not eligible for the draft, so Freo never had access to him.

This thread is why I hate Draft and Trading Board sometimes. No-one wants to know what some douchebag's half-arsed attempts at his team's activities in Trade week will be, which will invariably favour the team that he supports ridiculously!

**** off!

They drafted him as a "compensatory selection" (Whatever that means) in 95' then traded him.
Yeah? For giving fremantle a player they entered a special draft that fremantle had NO access to what-so-ever,

Lucas fair enough, they traded pick 4 away which eventually was used to pick up Lucas, but Fremantle never had a chance to even consider drafting Lloyd

atkinsons a likely type , reminds me of mackie - Could be insanely good .

hooker looks promising, but thats the only thing Kangas would want for swallow, in my thoughts.

Atkinsons looks a likely type and "could be insanely good" yet you want to trade him?

Sounds like you dont even believe your own dribble.

Oh and why would we want Hooker exactly?

What exactly does he have that makes him the only player on your whole list we are interested in?

You really have no idea do you?

There's a moron on BomberBlitz posting ridiculous trades like this. He just wants us to trade so we can be seen to be doing SOMETHING. Am I allowed to call him a moron on two different forums?

Taking offers for Lovett & McPhee.
McPhee former All Australian, super hands, big engine.
Lovett, an Anzac Day medal award winner, likes to run, create and cause mischief in big games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umm, nuh.
McPhee + 3rd rounder for an unproven Thorpe?
Should help you out in defence when required, and will get your mob closer to a premiership.
How about we keep our future 19 year old KPP whos highly rated at the club as a Future CHB, and you keep your under-preforming 26 year old Mcphee who wouldnt even get a game at the hawks.

Thorp hasnt been able to show anything this year due to a ongoing hip injury, but from VFL form he kicked 6 on Tom Harley, and his attitude cannot be doubted. Also well known he as the tank to play as a midfielder, not like a brown/pavlich/Riewoldt who can play 20-30 minutes a game, But Thorp can play purely as a 194cm midfielder

Is about the stupidest trade ever, Thorp might be "unproven" but that does not mean he doesnt have any talent, he did alright against richmond.

Nobody would ever do that trade, even if they were in a position to go for a tilt for a premiership, and mcphee was 3 years younger, they would still keep Thorp

Would be nice to spell his name correctly as well

Bombers will be chasing draft picks in a big way. I don't see them picking up many players unless they can get somebody cheap.

In saying that, McPhee could be a straight swap for Rischitelli. I would suspect that Voss would love Risca though, seems to go about it in a way that he would love.

We could actually get something substanial for Lovett. I wouldn't mind picking up Knights and Reilly from the Crows.

Knights is a damn good accumulator of possessions, but Adelaide really need line breaking midfielders. Therefore, it wouldn't be a bad trade. Not sure he is more talented than Lovett, but he is probably more consistent and got more of a level head on his shoulders.

Pack up lovett , with 4th Rounder To Richmond for Newman.

packup stanton & Dyson, send him to freo for a there first rounder.

Packup McPhee send him to West Coast For Staker + 4th rounder.

Packup Nash + (a rookie) + our first rounder and send him to melbourne for a pick 1.
(5 + a rookie+ nash for 1)

Hooker + 4th Rounder For Swallow?

Atkinson + 2nd rounder for Prismall .

Pickup Rich & possibly nata.

+ Others prospects in the draft ?
Not a chance in hell...

Some have tipped Newman as the next Richmond captain... they would never give him up...
Melbourne will not trade the number 1 pick for nash and some trash..
Freo will not part with their first round either...

Mate - in the words of comic book guy "Worst post ever"

Taking offers for Lovett & McPhee.
McPhee former All Australian, super hands, big engine.
Lovett, an Anzac Day medal award winner, likes to run, create and cause mischief in big games.

Lets see... Lovett, who played ONE good game in his career OR McPhee who is FORMER AA...what year was that. Cant have been in the last 5 can it.

You would be very lucky to get anyone interested in McPhee given that everyone wants to reduce their age on their lists (except the Saints and Freo).
Lovett, you may get a 5th rounder but more than likely he'll go through and get delisted, so someone can pick him up without giving anything up IMO.

Pack up lovett , with 4th Rounder To Richmond for Newman. Newman >>> Lovett and Newman is futur leader at richmond. WILL NOT HAPPEN

packup stanton & Dyson, send him to freo for a there first rounder. Stanton is one of your best players but freo would rather pick up Rich or Natinui. WILL NOT HAPPEN

Packup McPhee send him to West Coast For Staker + 4th rounder. UM NO STAKER IMO >> MCPHEE

Packup Nash + (a rookie) + our first rounder and send him to melbourne for a pick 1.
(5 + a rookie+ nash for 1) YOU LOSE 2 PLAYERS TO MOVE UP 4 SPOTS ???? ALSO MEBLOURNE WILL SAY NO

Hooker + 4th Rounder For Swallow? hahha no

Atkinson + 2nd rounder for Prismall . NOOOOOO

Pickup Rich & possibly nata.

+ Others prospects in the draft ?

Lets see... Lovett, who played ONE good game in his career OR McPhee who is FORMER AA...what year was that. Cant have been in the last 5 can it.

You would be very lucky to get anyone interested in McPhee given that everyone wants to reduce their age on their lists (except the Saints and Freo).
Lovett, you may get a 5th rounder but more than likely he'll go through and get delisted, so someone can pick him up without giving anything up IMO.[/quote]

he can comto wce :D i really like Lovett and want him at the eagles but dont want to give away to much

Lovett, you may get a 5th rounder but more than likely he'll go through and get delisted, so someone can pick him up without giving anything up IMO.[/quote]

he can comto wce :D i really like Lovett and want him at the eagles but dont want to give away to much

Geez you've got laugh at these bummer supporters. They certainly have a vivid imagination, suggesting lovett will fetch a late 1st round draft pick.
Obviously they don't watch him play much. Lucky to get a 4th rounder for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back