Competitions 2012 SuperCoach / Dream Team Questions Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys I can't pick between Brian Lake and Zach Touhy, if I had confidence that Lake could return to his 2010 form (I don't) I'd pick him for sure, I can only see Touhy getting much better and significantly increasing his average, will he be a guaranteed starter round 1 or will he be the regualr sub again?

Cheers.

Touhy is a hard one to place.

The backline looks like it will be regularly composed of Jamison, Henderson, Laidler, Duigan and Yarran. Which leaves one place open. Russell would be my guess at filling that. Tuohy has a lot to offer, but I can't be sure he will get regular games, monitor his NAB Cup and if he looks like he is being locked in, go for it. Also take a look at Marty Clarke

My views on the best value Carlton players -

Matthew Kreuzer - he is one of the few value picks in his position when you consider the inflated prices on top line ruckman like Sandi, Cox, Mumford and Goldstein.

He looks set for a huge year playing as a ruck/forward and may spend some time as an extra player around the stoppages. He looks as fit as ever and has dropped his playing weight to regain some more mobility.

The issue is how much time he gets in the ruck and how much time does he spend deep in the forward line?

I hope to see him play as a high CHF with license to roam the field an plenty of time in the ruck.

He is a great choice as your 2nd ruckman.

Paul Bower - he is cheaper than some of the draftees which makes him great value.

He is having a good preseason and as voted by his peers as the best trainer during our overseas camp. He is an injury risk but is looking as fit as he ever has.

With the recent injuries to Duigan and Jamison the door has been opened for him to perform in the practice games. He has a huge opportunity to show everybody that he can still play some ripping footy.

He is primarily a rebounding defender so he can score quite heavily which makes him a good choice for your SC team if he can get into the team.

Watch Nab Cup for form.

Kane Lucas - He is over his injury trouble from last year and looks a completely different player this preseason. He should really be able to cement a place in the best 22 this season and elevate his game to another level.

He is a good value at his price after his solid preseason.

They are probably the value picks for the Blues this year without going through the obvious Judd, Murphy, Gibbs and Scotland.

I notice not many seem to have Scotland in their side. I know he's entering his last few years but 2011 would have been close to a career best season... Do you think he will maintain his ~100 avg or even improve it? Surely he'll keep playing the same role off half back/wing?

I notice not many seem to have Scotland in their side. I know he's entering his last few years but 2011 would have been close to a career best season... Do you think he will maintain his ~100 avg or even improve it? Surely he'll keep playing the same role off half back/wing?

I'd also be interested in knowing this, if possible. Cheers

I'd also be interested in knowing this, if possible. Cheers

From all reports he has had a solid pre season so he should maintain his average. Think people are staying away because of fear of injury due to his age. Last year he was solid so shouldn't be a problem.

Currently have Murphy in my side, but various people on the DT board have said he might struggle to maintain his average due to more attention etc.. IMO he was a lock form the get-go but the casting of doubt has now got me thinking. I'm a massive fan of Murph, convince me to keep to him!

This is not the first year he is going to cop attention from the opposition. Murphy has been copping a tag for years. Some clubs have opted to tag him over Judd.

Murphy is a gun, attention or no attention. A safe bet for DT and anyone who attempts to tell you otherwise is either bluffing or seriously has no idea.

Cheers jeremias, also interested in waite...could be good value but injury concerns and sporadic scoring is a worry, although at 350k could be a bargain unique if he's fit and firing.

Thoughts? Worth the punt or not?

Hey guys, just a couple of questions.
1. Am seriously considering Gibbs instead of Murphy, do you think Gibbs will spend games tagging players again as that really affected his score last year. The way i see it is that if he averages 105 when he spent quite some time off half back and also as a tagger, then his average could increase a fair amount if played in the role he should be given.

2. What do you think makes bower a lock even at 157k? I thought he was more of a negating defender before he was injured and therefore a good defender but not great for fantasy footy games? could be wrong though.

Thanks!

I am curious about Henderson.
From the little I saw from NAB rd1 he looked to be playing a little like Waite floating around back line picking off incoming attacks. I can see his stocks rising if he keeps this up so wanted to know if this is the intention for him this year (similar to last year but in an expanded role)? Thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am curious about Henderson.
From the little I saw from NAB rd1 he looked to be playing a little like Waite floating around back line picking off incoming attacks. I can see his stocks rising if he keeps this up so wanted to know if this is the intention for him this year (similar to last year but in an expanded role)? Thanks.

I came with exactly the same question! think it is his year. definitly has the ability to score well but not sure on consistancy.

Thoughts on hendo people?

My concern with Hendo is that if/when Jammo gets injured, he will be forced to play more of that tight lock down role on the danger forwards. Bit risky at his price. If Jammo can stay out there you could be on to something but that's a big if.

Hey guys, i'm seriously considering Andrew Walker this year as i think he will further improve on last season. Have there been any reports that he is likely to play a bigger midfield role this year? Has he had a full preseason? Thanks

Hey guys, i'm seriously considering Andrew Walker this year as i think he will further improve on last season. Have there been any reports that he is likely to play a bigger midfield role this year? Has he had a full preseason? Thanks

A bit risky imo. Much better Mid pricers than Walker out there. Honestly cant see any room in Carltons midfield for him to get much time up the ground. Safer pick would be Mitch Robinson if you can afford him.

It has been hinted that Walks will occasionally have short bursts in the midfield, but I don't imagine that it would be enough of a factor to really affect his scores in itself. The bigger variable will be whether having Waite and a big FF (Rowe, Hampson, etc) taking the 2 best defenders most weeks would allow him to run riot. The flip side of that though is they could take goals off him. All in all a risky pick at his price.

How is Kreuzer tracking this year, he looks to be quite cheap and has the potential to be a star and average over 100 points in Supercoach imo. What are your thoughts on him?

the supercoach leagues? my apologies, i know there was a thread and i can't find it, i'm sorry. i finished 20000 ish last year (horrible) and the year before 203rd overall. if anyone can tee up a league for me and show me the forum posts, thankyou.

With Bower playing in his 3rd pre season game and laidler out for a while is it safe to assume bower will play the first 4 to 5 games?

IM trying to get a 7th defender in at a low price who will play..

If Jamison pulls up ok (back worries) which he is supposed to, then Laidler's spot might be out of Bower, Russell, Tuohy, Watson and Davies. Bower is the only experienced tall out of those so it will probably depend on match ups.

If however Jamo doesn't pull up, Bower is a near certainty for early games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back