Opinion Could Hawkins become a legend?

Remove this Banner Ad

And you're more than welcome to do so. Personally, I find it interesting and fun to try to compare current players between each other and to past players, to try to generate an intelligent discussion and find how where they fit in the context of our great game. But that's just me.

Within a particular club it seems to work reasonably well; supporters can be far more objective and reasonable. But when it gets to competition wide, that's when it degenerates and becomes far too parochial.

People like to talk about it, that's great. Just doesn't do it for me because of how the media and moronic fans pump up their own at the expense of reasoned discussion. Ruins it for me I'm afraid.

7 Contested marks and 3 Goals in a grand final against Collingwood!!!

Don't care if he never touches the ball again....is already a legend!!!

Get Around him!!!!

How did most of you Geelong supporters think he 'wasn't up to it' only a couple of years ago, never gonna make it they said. s**t, this guy is gonna be your best full forward since G. Ablett snr!

A legend?
He wont even be a great of the club.

The boy cant kick straight.
He'd need to start kicking straight and kicking clutch goals just to become a very good footballer.

He'll be better than that spud you had for years Mooney, a reserve player at best, cost you the flag in '08 and one of the worst kicks you've ever had, this kid will be better than him, I'd take him at the dogs in a heart beat. Also, he doesn't get rubbed out every 3rd week!

He'll be better than that spud you had for years Mooney, a reserve player at best, cost you the flag in '08 and one of the worst kicks you've ever had, this kid will be better than him, I'd take him at the dogs in a heart beat. Also, he doesn't get rubbed out every 3rd week!

please dont bother posting rubbish like this here again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Piss off muppet. Mooney has won more premierships than your WHOLE club has.

The answer is still no, no, no.

He can kick 120 this year and it is still no, no, no.

You insult Mooney, YOU GTFO.

GET OUT, you know nothiiiing about footy. OUT, fool.

IF he ends up better than Mooney, he will be one helluva player, perhaps a legend. Who cares, but Mooney was far better than any CHF your team has had in your lifetime, and in 07, was hugely responsible for our resurgence. FYI, he had a poor 08 GF, as did many Cats, but in 09 GF, kicked more goals than Roo or Kosi.

Hawkins is now our MVP.

GET AROUND HIM - T-BONE HAWKINS!@!

**** me, he can play some serious ball! Was just phenomenal today and just looks like a monster. I was pleading for the cats just to bang it long to him....thought we could have done it even more.

Make no mistake, right now Tommy Hawkins can win us a premiership. Just Get around him!!@!

Heaven help us if we are able to get Vardy and Menzel back alongside Pods, Hawkins, SJ and Chappy!!

Mooney had an intimidating presence about him. He not only watched out for the smaller/younger blokes but he was probably the most unselfish forward I ever seen.
Should have finished with an extra 100 goals to his name but he was always for the team and even though you can argue his indiscretions may be an example of selfishness....he was still a very fair but hard player who would make sure he shaked hands with the bloke he targeted that day.

Won't ever blame him for his missed goals in the 2008 GF because I have never believed in the alternate reality that a goal would have predecessed immediately after one another.
Most likely he kicks the one that hit the post and it goes back to the centre square only for Hawthorn to quickly take it forward and goal.

Absolute champion and goes to show, still underrated amongst opposition supporters as tony highlighted.

Gotta admit...Tomahawk now has an exciting presence of his own that is growing every single week.
Can't wait till he also gets the kicking boots right because we could be seeing the emergence of a very special power forward who has the rare mixture of brute strength and exceptional high marking ability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back