Pick #30 (2012) - Mason Shaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 30 - Mason Shaw

Former club:South Fremantle
  • DOB:15/01/1994
  • Height:198cm
  • Position:Forward
  • Weight:86kg

Tall forward who is very strong overhead and has smarts around goals. Kicked seven goals in the WAFL in the NAB AFL Under-18 Grand Final in 2011. A reliable kick for goal from set shots as well as clever with his snap shots. Has excellent endurance for a tall with a beep score of 14 plus showing his potential to play across half forward. Kicked four goals for WA against Vic Country this year. AIS-AFL Academy graduate.

Marco Paparone

Holy s**t! I guess I'm writing Rohdey a nice letter after all!

Welcome Mason Shaw!

Mason Shaw. Not upset. From South Freo.

Tall forward who is very strong overhead and has smarts around goals. Kicked seven goals in the WAFL in the NAB AFL Under-18 Grand Final in 2011. A reliable kick for goal from set shots as well as clever with his snap shots. Has excellent endurance for a tall with a beep score of 14 plus showing his potential to play across half forward. Kicked four goals for WA against Vic Country this year. AIS-AFL Academy graduate.

Sorry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

from Knightmares phantom draft:

#36 Fremantle (Via St Kilda) – Mason Shaw (WA – KPF)
Height: 197cm, Weight: 82kg, DOB: 15/01/1994
Recruited from: South Fremantle
Style: Kurt Tippett
Player comparison:
Range: 15-45
Profile: Strong marking key forward. Has a presence, marks out in front and can take a contested grab. Had a sensation 2011 season scoring 66 goals which is a great return for the young key forward. Has good accuracy from both general play and set shot attempts. Also Shaw is a serious big game player kicking 7 goals in the grand final which is a big return and shows potential to continue being a big game player into the future. Good finisher around goal and in general play. Endurance very good for a key forward. Has played in the ruck but I most like Shaw as a key forward and see that as the position where he can impose himself on matches most as a big marking target.

has kicked bags of goals this kid. was very highly rated but have been some questions with how he will kick on at the next level as they dont think he has alot of weapons. im very very happy with this pick. will either make it big time or not at all and that is just fine by me with pick 30.

Very excited over this pick. Could be a real steal if he lives up to his potential. Big game, big marking key forward. Cant wait.

http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/3931

Career Statistics
GradeGamesKicksHandballsDisposalsMarksGoalsPointsTacklesHitoutsFrees ForFrees Ag.
expand_icon.gif
Colts 31 288 92 380 165 106 43 45 175 24 25
Season Statistics
SeasonGradeGamesKicksHandballsDisposalsMarksGoalsPointsTacklesHitoutsFrees ForFrees Ag.
expand_icon.gif
2012 Colts 10 84 33 117 49 40 11 9 22 6 3

expand_icon.gif
2011 Colts 21 204 59 263 116 66 32 36 153 18 22
http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/3931

Interesting Chris25 phantom draft on the draft board had him as the best key forward in the pool

17. Fremantle - Mason Shaw (197cm forward - South Fremantle)

In my mind, Mason Shaw is the best key forward in the draft. This was obvious last year, and nothing has changed since then. He is an excellent mark, and just has that ability to really straighten a team up from the goal square. It's worth nothing that he will never be a 20+ disposal a game winner, but he doesn't need to be. He can kick 5 goals from just 10 touches. In fact, in his return game from a broken jaw this year, he kicked 8.4 from 12 disposals. And what more can you ask for from a full forward? Like many tall forwards, he can be a bit hot and cold but even on an off day he still generally bobs up for a couple of goals. He has copped some criticism this year for his performances, but in terms of statistics, his season has been just as good as last year. At times it has looked like he has just been waiting for the draft, but he is a big game player - as seen by his performances in the WAFL grand finals these last two years. To have kicked as many goals as he has in a year when he is just waiting to be drafted is a credit to him. If Shaw were a Victorian, than I'm sure TAC Cup Future Stars would have him as a top 10 pick as opposed to missing the first round. AFL Comparison: Josh Kennedy.

Interesting Chris25 phantom draft on the draft board had him as the best key forward in the pool

17. Fremantle - Mason Shaw (197cm forward - South Fremantle)

In my mind, Mason Shaw is the best key forward in the draft. This was obvious last year, and nothing has changed since then. He is an excellent mark, and just has that ability to really straighten a team up from the goal square. It's worth nothing that he will never be a 20+ disposal a game winner, but he doesn't need to be. He can kick 5 goals from just 10 touches. In fact, in his return game from a broken jaw this year, he kicked 8.4 from 12 disposals. And what more can you ask for from a full forward? Like many tall forwards, he can be a bit hot and cold but even on an off day he still generally bobs up for a couple of goals. He has copped some criticism this year for his performances, but in terms of statistics, his season has been just as good as last year. At times it has looked like he has just been waiting for the draft, but he is a big game player - as seen by his performances in the WAFL grand finals these last two years. To have kicked as many goals as he has in a year when he is just waiting to be drafted is a credit to him. If Shaw were a Victorian, than I'm sure TAC Cup Future Stars would have him as a top 10 pick as opposed to missing the first round. AFL Comparison: Josh Kennedy.

Wow just wow :eek:

Our forward line will be big freakish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back