Bumped Heritier Lumumba - Retired today 21/12/2016 (see post #82)

Remove this Banner Ad

I just saw a poster for a new movie called The Prince and it reminded me of H's Copeland Speech. It inspired me to photoshop his head on the poster.
sls0u9.jpg

I just saw a poster for a new movie called The Prince and it reminded me of H's Copeland Speech. It inspired me to photoshop his head on the poster.
sls0u9.jpg
Nice idea & I like the last laugh in the tagline - make me lolz

On a serious note, I know it ended badly and there were some struggles but overall I loved Harry. He may have bit off more than he could chew repeatedly but he was loyal, durable, a competitor & got the best out of himself.

The following two videos I still watch regularly.

Best of luck dude, You always will be a Pie in my mind.

Nice idea & I like the last laugh in the tagline - make me lolz

On a serious note, I know it ended badly and there were some struggles but overall I loved Harry. He may have bit off more than he could chew repeatedly but he was loyal, durable, a competitor & got the best out of himself.

The following two videos I still watch regularly.

Best of luck dude, You always will be a Pie in my mind.
Yeah the 2 videos do tug at the heartstrings a bit. Harry has heaps of faults but he is a character, and our club doesn't seem to encourage displays of personality or individuality. Swan is going to feel out of place at the club amid the bland puritans and geeks that populate our list. Harry was just too precious for his own good. It is still a shame that the club seemed unable to accommodate diversity among the playing group.

I wonder if the Prince moving to Melbourne helped us playing them twice this year.

I wonder if the Prince moving to Melbourne helped us playing them twice this year.
Helped who playing who? :confused:

Anyway, playing 199 games for Collingwood is a mighty achievement. And coming 4th in the Copeland with Beams scratching in at 3rd...

Helped who playing who? :confused:

Anyway, playing 199 games for Collingwood is a mighty achievement. And coming 4th in the Copeland with Beams scratching in at 3rd...

Woops didn't write the whole thing down, anyways play Melbourne twice.

Just wantedto drop in& say welldone on a remarkable career with the Pies almost 200 games& a flag aswell not a bad effort.And a big heads upto the Maggie fans on here in afine send off& well wishesto H:).

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Heritier Lumumba for 199 games at the Mighty Pies. Although sometimes a bit of a quirky character, had the class and respect to attend the B&F even though he knew he wouldn't playing in 2015 with the Black and White.

Congratulations and good luck with the future.
Nicely said. May well have been a bit misunderstood outside of the club as seems like he was well-liked by staff and players alike.
Good luck, H.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Say what you will about the laughing prince, at least he has shown some class during his move to a new club.

:thumbsu:........To that post Apex36

I couldn't give a stuff what he said in his speech......At least he was man enough to front up......and more importantly "MAN" enough to admit his mistakes.

199 Game Collingwood Champion and Character in my eyes anyway!!!

All the best in 2014 and beyond.

I was sad to see him go. We will miss him a lot. May have made a few mistakes but have no doubt he was loyal and loved the jumper. Will always be a Pie at heart

I have no issues with H but he did request a trade, i believe. Correct me if wrong.

Ordinary player with a good heart who wanted out. Very much like Dawes.

You are either with us or against us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back